Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/23/2007
Compare
EB3Victim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshitij View Post
You are absolutely incorrect. This is what I read in the bill:

Employment-based:
-EB1 gets exempted from the cap
-EB2 gets 40%, EB3 gets 40%, EB4 10% and EB5 10%
-Dependents get exempted
-Country caps removed
-Recapture of wasted visas since 1991
-PhD in any field exempted from the cap
-MD who finish waiver exempted
-EB2 is split into A and B. EB2-B is STEM masters. EB2-B is exempt from PERM and the Cap

and many more.

I also don't understand why you are so negative and discouraged. We have a bill and we have most of our demands in it. Thank you IV for simply amazing hard work on our behalf!
What are the chances of all the employment based related immigration points being passed in the senate and house? I mean can there be any amendments to the bill?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!!! Now lets focus our efforts on getting this passed. IV, lead on and we shall follow!!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvenkat View Post
Sounds like it will take effect from Fiscal year 2015, Which is from October 2014. Unfortunately by that time it will not make a difference for you and me. But in the long run it will be beneficial for others who are rotting in EB3. If the bill passes I think there will be widespread relief for one and all.
Thanks for your reply. I hope someone puts an amendment to change it to FY14.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny2007 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I hope someone puts an amendment to change it to FY14.
Bro, let's hope that the bill becomes a law by fiscal year 2014.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaadugar is on a distinguished road

This is what is mentioned in the bill... Pg 304.. Line 19 onwards....(See below)

The only way i read it is...students who did their masters in a US institution, and susbequently have offer from employer and applied for immigrant petition within 5 years of graduating.... "ARE NOT SUBJECT to the ANY CAPS/LIMITS" (shall be admitted to the United States without respect to the worldwide level specified in section 201(d))

I understand this is at odd with what was published in the 19 page summary that was issued yesterday.

Anyone has more clarity on this? Why the bill says so(no cap), while the summary says these category of people are subject to 40%.

Am i misinterpreting something? Please help clarify.

Pg 304

‘‘(B) ADVANCED DEGREES IN A STEM
20 FIELD.—
21 ‘‘(i) IN GENERAL.—A qualified immi22
grant shall be admitted to the United
23 States without respect to the worldwide
24 level specified in section 201(d) if such im25
migrant—
EAS13500 S.L.C.
1 ‘‘(I) has earned a graduate de2
gree at the level of master’s or higher
3 in a field of science, technology, engi4
neering, or mathematics from an ac5
credited United States institution of
6 higher education
7 ‘‘(II) has an offer of employment
8 from a United States employer in a
9 field related to such degree; and
10 ‘‘(III) earned the qualifying grad11
uate degree within the 5 years imme12
diately prior to the initial filing date
13 of the petition under which the non14
immigrant is a beneficiary.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Default EB2 split into EB2A and EB2B?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshitij View Post

This is what I read in the bill:

Employment-based:
-EB1 gets exempted from the cap
-EB2 gets 40%, EB3 gets 40%, EB4 10% and EB5 10%
-Dependents get exempted
-Country caps removed
-Recapture of wasted visas since 1991
-PhD in any field exempted from the cap
-MD who finish waiver exempted
-EB2 is split into A and B. EB2-B is STEM masters. EB2-B is exempt from PERM and the Cap
dikshitj, I went through the bill draft and couldnt find it saying EB2 is split into EB2A and EB2B and EB2B is exempt from cap. Maybe I am missing something? Where did you find this provision?

Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks to IV and next action item

First of all Thanks to IV . It has done great job .

I see lot of the provisions expected are missed from CIR .
Can someone form IV (core team) explain the high skilled provisions included and what should be our action item to get all our provisions in the CIR.

They are increasing H-1'a but not Greencards .
STEM Matsers are not exempted from numerical limits.
H-4 work authorization is not clear
No clarity on able to start companies
How the new merit system going to affect(help/adverse) the currebnt applications?

Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Work by IV !

Kudos to IV on introduction of CIR with all the provisions IV (we) have been asking for. Not a lot of people here know all the goodies for Employment category is solely the effort of IV.

Great work of IV need lot more appreciation !

Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default in simple terms

1. spouses and children excluded in GC count.
2. Workers with Extraordinary ability Excluded.
3. EB-2 get 40%
4. EB-3 get 40%
5. Special Immigrants get 10%
6. Immigrant Investors get 10%
7. recapture provisions - dont know from previous year also, but for future its there.
no country limits.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpratap View Post
Kudos to IV on introduction of CIR with all the provisions IV (we) have been asking for. Not a lot of people here know all the goodies for Employment category is solely the effort of IV.

Great work of IV need lot more appreciation !
You should also understand one thing that .Everyone here is not apprecaiting IV. This is CIR, once this is done you can't expect any changes for anoher two decades .

Along with appreciation, we should concentrate on what is required and make sure that everything is included in CIR.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhwinderd View Post
1. spouses and children excluded in GC count.
2. Workers with Extraordinary ability Excluded.
3. EB-2 get 40%
4. EB-3 get 40%
5. Special Immigrants get 10%
6. Immigrant Investors get 10%
7. recapture provisions - dont know from previous year also, but for future its there.
no country limits.
what's the effective date ? page no please.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaforopt View Post
You should also understand one thing that .Everyone here is not apprecaiting IV. This is CIR, once this is done you can't expect any changes for anoher two decades .

Along with appreciation, we should concentrate on what is required and make sure that everything is included in CIR.
"I rate this post as "Best post of the day"

Old 04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny2007 View Post
"I rate this post as "Best post of the day"
Thanks Sunny .

From whatever the summaries I am reading form other websites . I see nothing was done for Already waiting people in EB2 & EB-3 other than excluding the dependents form the count.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute

Great Job IV. Thanks a lot.

For those who are looking for where per country cap is eliminated:

SEC. 2306. NUMERICAL LIMITATIONS ON INDIVIDUAL FOREIGN STATES.
9 (a) NUMERICAL LIMITATION TO ANY SINGLE FOREIGN STATE.—Section 202(a)(2) (8 U.S.C. 1152(a)(2)) is
amended—
(1) in the paragraph heading, by striking
‘‘AND EMPLOYMENT-BASED’’;
(2) by striking ‘‘(3), (4), and (5),’’ and inserting ‘‘(3) and (4),’’;
(3) by striking ‘‘subsections (a) and (b) of section 203’’ and inserting ‘‘section 203(a)’’;
(4) by striking ‘‘7’’ and inserting ‘‘15’’; and
(5) by striking ‘‘such subsections’’ and inserting ‘‘such section’’.

If you go and look at U.S.C. 1152(a)(2), this talks about country caps for family and employment based categories. The above strikes of employment based country caps still keeping country caps for family based green cards.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Sub section 2306 : For future immigration for the new merit based system.

That indicates we have to suffer for five years , then start dreaming.