Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute

And a little more research about Systems In Motion, to which Mr. Neeraj Gupta is the CEO reveals the following. They have filed for a total of 11 H1B and 1 got denied. The company started in 2009 and have filed 4 LCAs for H1B in 2012 and 5 in 2011. No records of filing green cards to any of them. Why is not he hiring American citizens with associate degrees and training them to do the job. Also the company has not filed for any Green cards so far. One of the complaints we heard during the testimony was the offshore companies won't sponsor GCs. Mr. Neeraj Gupta himself has mentioned accenture as an example. Why is he not filing for Green Cards for his H1B employees immediately.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

Very valid points.

Basically this guy's testimony was a very opportunistic statement...if he becomes the CEO of Infosys tommorow his stance and testimony will change.
His company website claims that they focus on "domestic outsourcing". The current legislation lays a lot of restrictions on H1B-dependent employers..which is why he says why focus on local H1b dependent companies??, why dont you target the bigger outsourcing/offshoring companies who are the "real problem"? And according to him, once they don't get visas, it will free up H1B for Microsoft and Google!? (cleverly hiding behind other real technology companies).
He thinks that once offshoring companies are targeted and get lesser visas (which will never happen..they have much more lobbying power and will always find a loophole in any law), he can hire more of the H1Bs that he is currently speaking against. typical corporate hypocrisy and narrow-mindedness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_pathuri View Post
And a little more research about Systems In Motion, to which Mr. Neeraj Gupta is the CEO reveals the following. They have filed for a total of 11 H1B and 1 got denied. The company started in 2009 and have filed 4 LCAs for H1B in 2012 and 5 in 2011. No records of filing green cards to any of them. Why is not he hiring American citizens with associate degrees and training them to do the job. Also the company has not filed for any Green cards so far. One of the complaints we heard during the testimony was the offshore companies won't sponsor GCs. Mr. Neeraj Gupta himself has mentioned accenture as an example. Why is he not filing for Green Cards for his H1B employees immediately.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I totally agree with gvenkat. Why didn't he tried to clean the sewer before he got his GC. Has he told his employer that he didn't deserver his GC and his work can be performed by anybody with an associate degree.
It is easier said than done. None of us are capable of cleaning that sewer. When we are on H1B visa and do not have a greencard we are scared to do anything like that. Our goal is to simply get a greencard. We all suffer from employers, greencard backlog, lack of promotion, pay hikes, wife not able to work on H4 ....Once we get a greencard many people focus on career, peaceful life and prefer not to look back. Some start their own consulting firms and do the same others did and try to profit from other H1Bs. No one has ever decided to clean the system. No one wants to. We love to talk how bad consulting firms are when we are exploited. Check websites where people write reviews of firms if you do not believe me. But we go back to them when we lose our jobs or want to file in EB2. Isn't that true? We also take advantage of them in a way.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute kiran_pathuri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
It is easier said than done. None of us are capable of cleaning that sewer. When we are on H1B visa and do not have a greencard we are scared to do anything like that. Our goal is to simply get a greencard. We all suffer from employers, greencard backlog, lack of promotion, pay hikes, wife not able to work on H4 ....Once we get a greencard many people focus on career, peaceful life and prefer not to look back. Some start their own consulting firms and do the same others did and try to profit from other H1Bs. No one has ever decided to clean the system. No one wants to. We love to talk how bad consulting firms are when we are exploited. Check websites where people write reviews of firms if you do not believe me. But we go back to them when we lose our jobs or want to file in EB2. Isn't that true? We also take advantage of them in a way.
I agree with your points on how we behave. But if you take adavantage of a system to get your own GC and then speak against the same system that profited you once because speaking against it now profits you, it is called hypocrisy, not cleaning the sewer.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with your points on how we behave. But if you take adavantage of a system to get your own GC and then speak against the same system that profited you once because speaking against it now profits you, it is called hypocrisy, not cleaning the sewer.
If not hypocricy, he might have visited Buddha Gaya as does not need to get his visa stamped after GC/citizenship and got the Gnanodayam.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seriously!!!

Quote:
Can we look at it another way? These 2 guys have decided to clean the sewer that is giving bad reputation to our country. They have been in the trenches and seen it as first hand experience. They are not like some folks who go through H1B, get greencard and then start their own consulting companies to continue the same cycle. These 2 are better guys who have chosen to clean the system.
Read http://www.oalj.dol.gov/Decisions/AL...6_CADEC_SD.PDF
Counsel Announce $29.75 Million Settlement in Employment Class Action Lawsuit Against the Indian Conglomerate Tata - Yahoo! Finance

There are many links we can find. Don't we all wish the name of our country shine in the world and we lead by example? We are from a land of Mahatma Gandhi and other great leaders and saints. What have we become now?
Like every system, H1b is polluted but painting all Indian only companies for their personal gains is wrong. You can definitely find links for abuses of H1b visa by US companies to like Cisco or Facebook. I do not have beef with Ron Hira but Neeraj gupta. Ron Hira also singled out Facebook and BAC H1b practices.whatever he is doing he may be right in his own mind but Mr Neeraj Gupta is just trying their to seek advantage for his US based company.

I do not see difference between Chuck Grassley /Jeff Session who is trying to paint all immigrants as terrorist in Boston bombing context and Neeraj Gupta who trying to paint all h1b as low skill workers in context of few instances of h1b abuses even though he was one of them.

Every Visa category has abuses including f1 visa, diversity lottery visa, and Asylum seeker visa through which these Boston bombers came through.
It is unbelievable we are bashing fellow Indians by testimonies driven for personal gains by fellow Indians. I still have to see any Hispanics to come forward and speak against IILEGAL workers or proposed W visa.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not denying this but CIR bill is not forum clean this sewer there are other forums to deal with these dirt bags especially consulting firms as Mr Smith indicated. No law could prevent those parasites to use this system because they are overnight shops can easily manipulates any loopholes. Only those kind of testimonies are going to hurt eligible immigrants and paint our whole community in bad light. World can take Neeraj Gupta testimonies as confession for all.
I really like H1b provisions to curb abuse in current bill and Grassley amendments in HR 3012 for Audits and hope more will be done in this regard but this time Neeraj Gupta testimonies ticked me off when he tried to painted everyone with same color.

But as you refering earlier like we are from country of Mahatama but we are also country of Jaichand.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Good work Kiran..

Also I do not understand why Neeraj/Ron Hira complained Indian IT companies for not filing for GC. Intent of H1b is temporary worker .isn't?