Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default GOP senator: 'Bill will crash and burn'

"I think it's going to pass the U.S. Senate with a substantial margin," Cruz said. But "absent major revisions ... this bill will crash and burn in the House. And it is designed to do so."

Source : CNN Headline
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetflyer View Post
"I think it's going to pass the U.S. Senate with a substantial margin," Cruz said. But "absent major revisions ... this bill will crash and burn in the House. And it is designed to do so."

Source : CNN Headline
You are eternal pessimist. On the ay when bill twice got more than 80 votes in the Senate, you think that the most significant news is the one quoting that guy out of 15 who voted against. Did you not find new article where other 80 senators voted in favor? Or perhaps House Speaker knows more about the House than Ted Cruz. But your pessimist world view probably did not see that one.

How about this one: Boehner: Immigration Bill Will Be Enacted By Year’s End - Washington Wire - WSJ

Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
You are eternal pessimist. On the ay when bill twice got more than 80 votes in the Senate, you think that the most significant news is the one quoting that guy out of 15 who voted against. Did you not find new article where other 80 senators voted in favor? Or perhaps House Speaker knows more about the House than Ted Cruz. But your pessimist world view probably did not see that one.

How about this one: Boehner: Immigration Bill Will Be Enacted By Years End - Washington Wire - WSJ
What else can you expect from trolls?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutrip View Post
what happened to the amendment to make it ASAP?
I really really wish IV is working on the amendments related to country cap removal. And I hope the effective date will be immediate and not 2014. Some may call it selfishness, some may preach around saying its the over all bill blah blah..., being on 10 year wait I know how it would be to hear another two years wait....

Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
What else can you expect from trolls?
Look at JetFlyer's - About me.

Will you consider attending the advocacy day or rally in DC in 2013.
No
Would you like to be a Immigration Voice Volunteer
No

He will do nothing, just talk to his attorney, and spread negative news, and keep asking about H4 ability to work. Some people think, the number of Words they key in, in a forum, and the number of intelligent questions one can ask in forums, will somehow have a butterfly effect in making something happen.

Though he posted the news, he did not publish it, so can't complain much, but persistent pessimism is annoying.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute

Can some let me know if these amendments are passed in the Senate in May session or do you think any other amendments should be added to the list regarding H1B issues.

Amendments

1) Whitehouse 6 (DAV13388) To modify provisions related to complaints against H1B employers. H1B
2) Lee 20 (EAS13427)
Limit that application of the amendments made by subtitle B of title IV to initial labor condition applications filed in support of a petition for initial admission of an H1B non immigrants. H1B
3) Lee 21 (BAG13299) To require only H1B dependent employers to offer the job to every equally or better qualified United States applicant. H1B
4) Lee 22 (BAG13300) To prohibit an H1B non dependent employer from displacing specific United States workers. H1B
5) Klobuchar 6 (ARM13625) To enhance the availability over the Internet of certain information relating to theH1B visa process. H1B
6) Hatch 12 (MDM13387)
To require H1B petitioners to conduct a good faith recruitment of United States workers in accordance with industry standards. H1B
7) Hatch 13 (MDM13388) To prohibit H1B petitioners from displacing specific United States workers with H1B non immigrants. H1B
8) Hatch 14 (MDM13389)
To encourage other countries to provide reciprocal treatment to the spouses of United States workers stationed in those countries by authorizing the Secretary of Homeland Security to suspend employment authorization for spouses of H1B
non immigrants coming from countries that do not permit the employment of similar situated spouses in their countries. H1B
9) Hatch 15 (MDM13391) To strike the outplacement limitation with respect to the definition ofH‐1B dependent employer. H‐1B
10) Hatch 16 (MDM13515) To clarify that the new restrictions on hiring H1B nonimmigrants focus on the initial hiring decision. H1B
11) Hatch 17 (MDM13478) To modify the definition of covered employer. H1B

12) Hatch 8 (MDM13489) To authorize additional visas for well educated aliens to live and work in the United States I d Act of 2013 H1B
13) Hatch 9 (MDM13519)
To increase the labor certification fee required under section 212(a)(5)(A) and to use these fees to enhance the economic competitiveness of the United States by improving STEM education and training in the United States.
Future flow: employment
14) Hatch 10 (MDM13513) To modify the method for calculating annual H1B visa limits. H‐1B

15) Hatch 11 (MDM13514) To strict the outplacement of L non immigrants. L1
16) Grassley 65 (ARM13465)
To modify the evidence of fraud or misrepresentation of fact applicable in application reviews in connection with the issuance of H1B visas.H1B
17) Grassley 66 (ARM13466)
To make investigations and hearings mandatory upon a finding of fraud or misrepresentation of fact in reviews in connection with the issuance of H1B visas.
H1B
18) Grassley 67 (ARM13467) To require audits of additional audits of employers employingH‐1B and L nonimmigrant H1B.
19) Grassley 57 (ARM13547) To modify the provisions on the wages rates paid to holders ofH‐1B visas. H‐1B
20) Grassley 58 (ARM13459)
To require additional information in Internet job postings for nonimmigrant employment in connection with the issuance Of H1B visas.
H‐1B
21) Grassley 59 (ARM13542)
To provide that the non displacement of employment requirements in connection with the issuance of H1B visas shall apply to all employers.
H‐1B
22) Grassley 60 (ARM13461)
To provide that the good faith efforts to recruit in the United States apply to all employers in connection with the issuance of H1B visas.
H1B
23) Grassley 61 (ARM13462) To strike nonprofit organizations from the organizations treatable as H1B dependent employers. H1B
24) Grassley 62 (ARM13464) To strike provisions relating to intending immigrants in connection with the issuance of H1B‐visas. H‐1B
25) Grassley 63 (ARM13464) To modify application requirements in connection with the issuance of H1B visas. H1B.
26) Grassley 54 (ARM13546)
To authorize employment for spouses of L visa holders under the same conditions as employment for spouses of H1B visa holders. L1.
27) Cruz 5 (MDM13527)
To amend the provisions in the Immigration and Nationality Act relating to the numerical limitations for H1B nonimmigrant. H1B
28) Coons 10 (DAV13371)
To provide that individuals authorized to be employed in the United States may not be denied professional, commercial, or business licenses on the basis of immigration status.
H1B

Old 06-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandini View Post
Can some let me know if these amendments are passed in the Senate in May session or do you think any other amendments should be added to the list regarding H1B issues.

Amendments

1) Whitehouse 6 (DAV13388) To modify provisions related to complaints against H1B employers. H1B
2) Lee 20 (EAS13427)
Limit that application of the amendments made by subtitle B of title IV to initial labor condition applications filed in support of a petition for initial admission of an H1B non immigrants. H1B
3) Lee 21 (BAG13299) To require only H1B dependent employers to offer the job to every equally or better qualified United States applicant. H1B
4) Lee 22 (BAG13300) To prohibit an H1B non dependent employer from displacing specific United States workers. H1B
5) Klobuchar 6 (ARM13625) To enhance the availability over the Internet of certain information relating to theH1B visa process. H1B
6) Hatch 12 (MDM13387)
To require H1B petitioners to conduct a good faith recruitment of United States workers in accordance with industry standards. H1B
7) Hatch 13 (MDM13388) To prohibit H1B petitioners from displacing specific United States workers with H1B non immigrants. H1B
8) Hatch 14 (MDM13389)
To encourage other countries to provide reciprocal treatment to the spouses of United States workers stationed in those countries by authorizing the Secretary of Homeland Security to suspend employment authorization for spouses of H1B
non immigrants coming from countries that do not permit the employment of similar situated spouses in their countries. H1B
9) Hatch 15 (MDM13391) To strike the outplacement limitation with respect to the definition ofH‐1B dependent employer. H‐1B
10) Hatch 16 (MDM13515) To clarify that the new restrictions on hiring H1B nonimmigrants focus on the initial hiring decision. H1B
11) Hatch 17 (MDM13478) To modify the definition of covered employer. H1B

12) Hatch 8 (MDM13489) To authorize additional visas for well educated aliens to live and work in the United States I d Act of 2013 H1B
13) Hatch 9 (MDM13519)
To increase the labor certification fee required under section 212(a)(5)(A) and to use these fees to enhance the economic competitiveness of the United States by improving STEM education and training in the United States.
Future flow: employment
14) Hatch 10 (MDM13513) To modify the method for calculating annual H1B visa limits. H‐1B

15) Hatch 11 (MDM13514) To strict the outplacement of L non immigrants. L1
16) Grassley 65 (ARM13465)
To modify the evidence of fraud or misrepresentation of fact applicable in application reviews in connection with the issuance of H1B visas.H1B
17) Grassley 66 (ARM13466)
To make investigations and hearings mandatory upon a finding of fraud or misrepresentation of fact in reviews in connection with the issuance of H1B visas.
H1B
18) Grassley 67 (ARM13467) To require audits of additional audits of employers employingH‐1B and L nonimmigrant H1B.
19) Grassley 57 (ARM13547) To modify the provisions on the wages rates paid to holders ofH‐1B visas. H‐1B
20) Grassley 58 (ARM13459)
To require additional information in Internet job postings for nonimmigrant employment in connection with the issuance Of H1B visas.
H‐1B
21) Grassley 59 (ARM13542)
To provide that the non displacement of employment requirements in connection with the issuance of H1B visas shall apply to all employers.
H‐1B
22) Grassley 60 (ARM13461)
To provide that the good faith efforts to recruit in the United States apply to all employers in connection with the issuance of H1B visas.
H1B
23) Grassley 61 (ARM13462) To strike nonprofit organizations from the organizations treatable as H1B dependent employers. H1B
24) Grassley 62 (ARM13464) To strike provisions relating to intending immigrants in connection with the issuance of H1B‐visas. H‐1B
25) Grassley 63 (ARM13464) To modify application requirements in connection with the issuance of H1B visas. H1B.
26) Grassley 54 (ARM13546)
To authorize employment for spouses of L visa holders under the same conditions as employment for spouses of H1B visa holders. L1.
27) Cruz 5 (MDM13527)
To amend the provisions in the Immigration and Nationality Act relating to the numerical limitations for H1B nonimmigrant. H1B
28) Coons 10 (DAV13371)
To provide that individuals authorized to be employed in the United States may not be denied professional, commercial, or business licenses on the basis of immigration status.
H1B
you can lookup -

Immigration

Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateet View Post
All of these amendments are more or less history for now and most of them were debated in Senate Judiciary Committee. In senate for now don't expect anything to change drastically for H1B or L1 provisions. Senate is focused more on core issues surrounding RPI and illegal immigrants.

IV is working hard to change effective date to Oct 1, 2013 and make sure STEM 5yr and recapture of old unused immigrant visas.
what do you mean? getting rid of country caps is not on IV agenda anymore? No, I wont believe that.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

Senate website finally posted the rollcall vote....and I'm mad...MAD that Mark Kirk (R) of IL voted No. His position, specially compared to IL demographics, is untenable. He needs to change his vote on the final passage or he's going down in 2016.

Going to call his office and demand an explanation for that vote. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Look up your state's senator's vote. If your state's senator voted No, then call their office and ask for an explanation. Follow up.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateet View Post
All of these amendments are more or less history for now and most of them were debated in Senate Judiciary Committee. In senate for now don't expect anything to change drastically for H1B or L1 provisions. Senate is focused more on core issues surrounding RPI and illegal immigrants.

IV is working hard to change effective date to Oct 1, 2013 and make sure STEM 5yr and recapture of old unused immigrant visas.
Please dont tell me - Country cap removal is not on IV agenda anymore. I cannot believe it. But then what date IV is working hard to make effective from Oct 1, 2013?

Old 06-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hopingforthebest is on a distinguished road
Default Per Country Limit

I am a newbie to the legislative process. I see that int he below link, Hatch 8 which has the per country limit removal clause in it does not show as adopted. Does that mean it's not in the bill that will be voted on?

S.744 Amendments :

Old 06-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold

Grassley said "No", I am surprised.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WalL View Post
Senate website finally posted the rollcall vote....and I'm mad...MAD that Mark Kirk (R) of IL voted No. His position, specially compared to IL demographics, is untenable. He needs to change his vote on the final passage or he's going down in 2016.

Going to call his office and demand an explanation for that vote. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Look up your state's senator's vote. If your state's senator voted No, then call their office and ask for an explanation. Follow up.
Thanks for the info. My MI senators both said "Yes", I am glad. I just called their office and extended my thanks.

I am under the impression that IV will be sending a Action Item to call the Senator offices to request them for a Yes. I know this is not the full voting, but still..

Thanks

Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortduck View Post
Thanks for the info. My MI senators both said "Yes", I am glad. I just called their office and extended my thanks.

I am under the impression that IV will be sending a Action Item to call the Senator offices to request them for a Yes. I know this is not the full voting, but still..

Thanks
IV Action items are going on. Check your inbox for emails from IV.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default No filibuster???

Does this vote mean that they cannot filibuster it?