Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Why do you write code in Java etc and not use plain English so it is easy for someone to read
I want to write in plain English. Computer programming will be so easy that even a monkey can do it and create programs for himself. But we are all getting paid for the mistakes of James Gosling.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Really???? Why is it still there? I thought you took care of this one and STEM definition was fixed to include your application. Was it not?
Oh yeah, I did...what did you do apart from your pathetic comments....ever contributed or volunteered for IV??

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashshriv is on a distinguished road
Default Any further updates..

Folks...any further updates on what amendements have been adopted...I have tried to go thru the amended bill/doc many times but am not able to understand if the amendments are faviourable or..detrimental...for EB Visas..

--Attended San Jose rally in 2012 and donate 200+ dollars during rally..will continue to donate.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute
Default Check back on Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashshriv View Post
Folks...any further updates on what amendements have been adopted...I have tried to go thru the amended bill/doc many times but am not able to understand if the amendments are faviourable or..detrimental...for EB Visas..

--Attended San Jose rally in 2012 and donate 200+ dollars during rally..will continue to donate.
EB related amendments will come tomorrow's markup session for discussion and vote.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutrip View Post
Not to sound pessimist but my law firm (very reputed one) states that House will kill this bill.

She says keep your hope alive but br prepared for worst!
This is really funny. Dude if you really want proper information, get it from the lobbyists or advocacy groups who know this topic by heart.

So is your lawyer a political expert or a law expert? If she is a law expert what kind of law expert is she? Does she fills Perm forms for you or does she write laws?

And can you explain what you mean by 'very reputed one'? If a lawyer charges you $250 for a 15 minute phone call, you think it is reputed? What is your measurement of reputation? I cannot believe you are a member since 2006 and still saying this in your posts. You gotta spend more time on forums and learn more about difference between lawyers, political pundits and advocacy experts.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not to sound pessimist but my law firm (very reputed one) states that House will kill this bill.

She says keep your hope alive but br prepared for worst!
Do you know the name of the law firm (very reputed one)? if yes please share the name with us and the source of the news.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

On the public forums and blogs we will only get general updates that is public information gathered from newspapers or on advocacy group website like IV information we can make public. To get more specific updates we invite everyone to get more involved and by working on action items, ... and you can provide updates yourself to the team members in your volunteer group because you will see things from ground zero.

Publicly you will see that some of the anti-immigrant amendments were defeated last week (as you would have seen in the live video feed.) The pathway to citizenship, the central part of reform is still intact and that is good news because our success is tied with what happens with undocumented as they are the big and most important piece of the reform in CIR. Note that this is not a piecemeal high-skill legislation so we should not be just looking at our portions in isolation. In CIR it is everything or nothing. The committee will work for the next two weeks. This week markup is happening on Tuesday, Thursday and maybe Friday.

This is what undocumented did last week: There were vigils in 15 states on the same day outside senate offices. More vigils are planned by undocumented folks on each day the bill is discussed for markup. There was also a heritage foundation report last week that has been used against the bill. There is a lot of advocacy work happening in DC by their groups and a good +ve momentum is in place.

IV has had many calls in the last few weeks, everyday with active volunteer members on action items and updates. If you wish to be more involved, please complete the action item asap at --- http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ll-2013-a.html (IV Action Item : CIR bill 2013) and if you wish to volunteer send an email to your state coordinator at [your state ID] at immigration voice.org. So for example, AZ state coordinator can be reached at az@immigrationvoice.org. Please provide your full name, address and contact phone number in the email and that you wish to volunteer your time for action items.

Last edited by pappu; 05-13-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetflyer View Post
Do you know the name of the law firm (very reputed one)? if yes please share the name with us and the source of the news.
Is it this one?
U.S. Attorney: Lawyer from Staten Island admits role in 'massive' immigration fraud scheme | SILive.com

Old 05-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashshriv is on a distinguished road
Default IV: Action Item completed

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 9HU21276MJ1126138.
Donated to IV. Please continue the good work..and we will support in whatever way we can small/big

Old 05-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
More than anybody I hope she is wrong!

She goes strictly by books and has not allowed my company to change my title for past 5 years although salary has gone up by 1.6 times!

Per her research and study of provisions of senate bill is too liberal for the likings of GOP who control the house!
lawyers don't like senate bill becoz if this bill passes...... they will no longer be able to give effective business advise to employers.... as to how use immigration laws to exploit immigrant employees .... this is the real reason y u'r lawyer doesn't like senate bill..... & she is blaming GOP for the bill to be too liberal......

be careful @ these lawyers & what they say @ senate bill.... take it with the grain of salt.... secretly these lawyers want senate bill to fail.... but it doesn't matter what immigration lawyers think @ senate bill....

Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LglImi View Post
Oh yeah, I did...what did you do apart from your pathetic comments....ever contributed or volunteered for IV??
I will take side of Greyhair on this. You are the one who worships lawyers as per your posts and so you do not have grey hairs yet. You lack wisdom, is easy to be manipulated and exploited. Have you gone and met your senator yet? You need to do that first before arguing and you will start to understand slowly what I am saying. If you do not do that you will argue with me too and use bad words like 'pathetic comments'. We are not enemies of each other. The real fight is with something else.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
I will take side of Greyhair on this. You are the one who worships lawyers as per your posts and so you do not have grey hairs yet. You lack wisdom, is easy to be manipulated and exploited. Have you gone and met your senator yet? You need to do that first before arguing and you will start to understand slowly what I am saying. If you do not do that you will argue with me too and use bad words like 'pathetic comments'. We are not enemies of each other. The real fight is with something else.
You seem as pathetic as greyhair. Yes, I have met Sen Durbin staff in Chicago downtown office. He was not available as he was in DC. Anyways, again, cut the crap and you sound as ridiculous as greyhair....again how have you contributed to IV apart from, I won't hesitate, pathetic comments....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Today Senate Judiciary Committee is getting ready to debate and amend Title IV at the mark-up of S.744. Title IV has the provisions that affect skilled immigrants. It is an important day for our issues.

Here is a link to amendments filed -
S.744 Amendments

Here is the link to watch the mark-up live:
Integrated Senate Video Player

Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LglImi View Post
You seem as pathetic as greyhair. Yes, I have met Sen Durbin staff in Chicago downtown office. He was not available as he was in DC. Anyways, again, cut the crap and you sound as ridiculous as greyhair....again how have you contributed to IV apart from, I won't hesitate, pathetic comments....
Did you take training from IV and did you go on behalf of IV? Because if you had taken training you will not be fighting like this. I am here since a long time and contributed in several ways including meeting many times. IV needs to train people better I think so that they understand the real problem and not fight with each other.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Today Senate Judiciary Committee is getting ready to debate and amend Title IV at the mark-up of S.744. Title IV has the provisions that affect skilled immigrants. It is an important day for our issues.

Here is a link to amendments filed -
S.744 Amendments

Here is the link to watch the mark-up live:
Integrated Senate Video Player
Is there any other site where I can watch it?
Flash is dead and still some sites use it.