Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   People waiting from 2002-what is in for them (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095145-people-waiting-from-2002-what-is-in-for-them.html)

pani_6 05-21-2013 01:57 PM

People waiting from 2002-what is in for them

What is in for people waiting from 2002..any shorter pathway to citizenship?..or do we have to wait 5 years after the GC?..can the time count from when we applied for 485?.
:(

nitlsu 05-21-2013 02:23 PM

Great idea

I like this idea too....I wish this could be a provision that could make it into the CIR bill that's being discussed. Waiting a decade for GC and then another 5 years for citizenship is unfair.

In fact the illegals will have a slightly shorter path (~15 yrs worst case) to citizenship. :)

spicy_guy 05-21-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitlsu (Post 3572684)
I like this idea too....I wish this could be a provision that could make it into the CIR bill that's being discussed. Waiting a decade for GC and then another 5 years for citizenship is unfair.

In fact the illegals will have a slightly shorter path (~15 yrs worst case) to citizenship. :)

This is already discussed in a different thread. I guess there is a provision. Not sure if that is pushed into the CIR update list. But yes, this is deserved one. :)

pani_6 05-21-2013 05:56 PM

which thread

can u post the link

imh1b 05-21-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pani_6 (Post 3572682)
What is in for people waiting from 2002..any shorter pathway to citizenship?..or do we have to wait 5 years after the GC?..can the time count from when we applied for 485?.
:(

What about people waiting since 2005? That is more than 7 years which is totally insane. This does not count the period before someone applied for greencard. Some people spent many years on H1B before their employer applied for greencard. What about those people who landed here before 2002 and do not have greencard till now?

imh1b 05-21-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitlsu (Post 3572684)

Just ask any illegal if he wants to swap your place nid he will happily do to it. Are you willing to go illegal and get the benefit of CIR? All you have to do is throw your documents. It's easy to become illegal if you think they are getting a fair deal.

Dingdong 05-22-2013 03:03 PM

Swapping positions despite a higher moral ground?

So, after completing half the race, I should consider swapping my position with someone just starting the race? The point being made is whether distance for the race should be equal for all or not. We may not have the political backing but the moral argument is strong enough that you enter a country legally, pay all the taxes, abide by the rules and all of a sudden the distance you have to cover turns out to be the same as for those who broke the laws and did not stand in the line. Where is the fairness and justice in that? In practical terms, there is hardly any difference between a RPI and a green card holder. How fair is that either? Not that we harbor any ill will against them but there is no doubt that the current bill favors them a lot more than us.