Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default People waiting from 2002-what is in for them

What is in for people waiting from 2002..any shorter pathway to citizenship?..or do we have to wait 5 years after the GC?..can the time count from when we applied for 485?.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of
Default Great idea

I like this idea too....I wish this could be a provision that could make it into the CIR bill that's being discussed. Waiting a decade for GC and then another 5 years for citizenship is unfair.

In fact the illegals will have a slightly shorter path (~15 yrs worst case) to citizenship.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitlsu View Post
I like this idea too....I wish this could be a provision that could make it into the CIR bill that's being discussed. Waiting a decade for GC and then another 5 years for citizenship is unfair.

In fact the illegals will have a slightly shorter path (~15 yrs worst case) to citizenship.
This is already discussed in a different thread. I guess there is a provision. Not sure if that is pushed into the CIR update list. But yes, this is deserved one.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default which thread

can u post the link

Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pani_6 View Post
What is in for people waiting from 2002..any shorter pathway to citizenship?..or do we have to wait 5 years after the GC?..can the time count from when we applied for 485?.
What about people waiting since 2005? That is more than 7 years which is totally insane. This does not count the period before someone applied for greencard. Some people spent many years on H1B before their employer applied for greencard. What about those people who landed here before 2002 and do not have greencard till now?

Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitlsu View Post

Just ask any illegal if he wants to swap your place nid he will happily do to it. Are you willing to go illegal and get the benefit of CIR? All you have to do is throw your documents. It's easy to become illegal if you think they are getting a fair deal.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future Dingdong has a brilliant future
Default Swapping positions despite a higher moral ground?

So, after completing half the race, I should consider swapping my position with someone just starting the race? The point being made is whether distance for the race should be equal for all or not. We may not have the political backing but the moral argument is strong enough that you enter a country legally, pay all the taxes, abide by the rules and all of a sudden the distance you have to cover turns out to be the same as for those who broke the laws and did not stand in the line. Where is the fairness and justice in that? In practical terms, there is hardly any difference between a RPI and a green card holder. How fair is that either? Not that we harbor any ill will against them but there is no doubt that the current bill favors them a lot more than us.