Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Action Item - Seeking support for Warren Amendment #1532 (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095282-action-item-seeking-support-for-warren-amendment-1532-a.html)

vijay_aswani 06-24-2013 02:44 PM

Done... I don't know why... but I think this time we will get IT! Great going IV. :)

gcbikari 06-24-2013 03:41 PM

1,2 and 3 completed. Will call senators this week.

1,2 and 3 completed. Will call senators this week.

keyurpatel80 06-24-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutrip (Post 3573965)
when is the vote on this?

it is on 4:30 CST

WhyThisOnePostDi 06-24-2013 06:07 PM

Done

Done ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3573957)
Guys,
Thank You!

Flyingcrow 06-24-2013 07:07 PM

The amendment that is on roll vote call right now is the border security one, not the hi-skilled one we are looking forward too.

sg27 06-24-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyingcrow (Post 3573970)
The amendment that is on roll vote call right now is the border security one, not the hi-skilled one we are looking forward too.

I think we should be looking forward to any amendment that can help get this bill passed in House and this "Border Security" or "Corker-Hoeven" could be key. Not sure if IV's main agenda is to just focus on getting our issues or amendments in the bill. Just my opinion, no offenses meant.

Flyingcrow 06-24-2013 07:16 PM

Voting is on...please visit senate.gov to watch the senate session live

Flyingcrow 06-24-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sg27 (Post 3573972)
I think we should be looking forward to any amendment that can help get this bill passed in House and this "Border Security" or "Corker-Hoeven" could be key. Not sure if IV's main agenda is to just focus on getting our issues or amendments in the bill. Just my opinion, no offenses meant.

By looking forward to I meant in a relative context - that we are directly interested in - for which the action item was requested by IV on this thread - the amendment about which nobody else other than the folks in hi-skilled segment will worry about :). Hope it explains.

kevin08 06-24-2013 07:30 PM

Done!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3573957)
Guys,

You got to trust us. We are going to get it done if everyone is doing their share. There is lot of negotiation going on in the back-end. Please stick to the plan, do your share, others (people you don't know) are doing their share, and we are confident that it will all fit in the end. Only small set of information is available in public domain. And we cannot share all information in the public domain without violating the trust of our friends, which we cannot afford. It is possible that Warren amendment may not be voted separately, but is included in another amendment. So You have nothing to lose, please trust the action item and do your share.

Please continue making phone calls and sending messages. We will WIN!

Thank You!

praskar 06-24-2013 08:49 PM

Action items done! Also please ask your friends who are naturalised citizens to call up Senators!

shortduck 06-25-2013 10:57 AM

Is this Action ITem still active ?

I see the the voting yesterday looks like they passed a big hurdle. my question do we still call the senators for both the amendments and the bill ?

Thanks