Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Action Item - Seeking support for Warren Amendment #1532 (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095282-action-item-seeking-support-for-warren-amendment-1532-a.html)

Administrator2 06-25-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortduck (Post 3574003)
I see the the voting yesterday looks like they passed a big hurdle. my question do we still call the senators for both the amendments and the bill ?

Thanks

Yes it is.

WE ARE AT A VERY IMPORTANT PHASE.

PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER THIS ACTION ITEM AS MOST URGENT.

KEEP CALLING AND KEEP SENDING MESSAGES.

LglImi 06-25-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3574004)
Yes it is.

WE ARE AT A VERY IMPORTANT PHASE.

PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER THIS ACTION ITEM AS MOST URGENT.

KEEP CALLING AND KEEP SENDING MESSAGES.

I am following the action item and asking people around me to do so.

Question: Will all the amendments taken up for consideration? I heard that since the border security amendment is passed, they might just rush to vote on bill without considering other amendments...I hope that is wrong..

Again, calling and emailing senators right now...

imh1b 06-25-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LglImi (Post 3574005)
I am following the action item and asking people around me to do so.

Question: Will all the amendments taken up for consideration? I heard that since the border security amendment is passed, they might just rush to vote on bill without considering other amendments...I hope that is wrong..

Again, calling and emailing senators right now...

Did you hear it from another anonymous member from another forum? Let's not fall for rumors and do what we are told to do.

imh1b 06-25-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortduck (Post 3573954)
is this true ?

Please support Warren Amendments
to GangOf8:

Too late. Amendment process is over or lets say Harry Reid closed it via Parliamentary maneuvers.

Did you hear it from another anonymous member from another forum? Let's not fall for rumors they try to spread and just do what we are told to do. Every other person likes to become an fake expert and post their fake opinion. And some innocent people become victims.

shortduck 06-25-2013 01:03 PM

Some senators missing? it is on purpose ?

like.
Indiana: Coats (R-IN)

I see more. So Mr. Coats, like others, was not it the favor of the bill. Shouldn't we be calling them too ?

GCOP 06-25-2013 03:49 PM

Done

Called Senators' offices today, also.

greyhair 06-25-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imh1b (Post 3574006)
Did you hear it from another anonymous member from another forum? Let's not fall for rumors and do what we are told to do.

People want to make phone calls if you tell them that its done. If you tell us that there is less chance so just call Senators, then people don't respond well which is ironic. People want guarantees that if they call, the bill will pass :rolleyes:

I called all offices second day in the row. I left voice message for 18 Senators. Please tell me what more can be done.

dts 06-25-2013 05:51 PM

Done with AI

Called few Senators.. Still we need to get momentum. Keep words spreading and get friends on board.

abcdgc 06-25-2013 05:55 PM

Called all offices. I did not leave messages wherever no one picked up. Approximately 60 senators office picked up. Mostly they asked for zip code. Noted my name, appear to type something to note down my information and said they will relay the message. It was quick.

Do you want me to call tomorrow also?

ronhira 06-25-2013 06:14 PM

sen reid just said on the senate floor that they are working on a deal on all pending amendments......

AC123 06-25-2013 07:31 PM

Ai

Called about 20 Republican senators' office. Most noted down the name, zip code and issue I was calling about while just one of them wouldn't take my message and would rather have me call my state senators' (IN) office. I didn't leave any message where they didn't pick up the phone which may be about 5 or 6 of them. Incidentally, I don't see IN senators' phone number in this list.

indiantexan 06-25-2013 08:48 PM

letter draft

I have been going to senators website and contacting them..... I click on contact senator link and sending the draft as below.... did it for 40+ senators....

Hello Senator ________,

My name is __________ and I’m a member of Immigration Voice. I live in _______.

I am calling in to thank the Senator for supporting Immigration bill CIR S.744.

I want to request the Senator to support and vote for Senator Warren’s amendment #1532 which provides relief to high-skilled immigrants. I’ve many close friends and family members in _____ State and Immigration is a national issue and Senator _______'s vote will be of national significance, which is why I am emailing to request the Senator to support this bill and Senator Warren’s amendment #1532.

I would really appreciate Senator to support Warren Amendment #1532. Thank you.

What is Amendment #1532?
Quote:
• Senator Warren's Amendment #1532 provides immigrants with access to their immigration paperwork.
• Currently, all other categories of immigrants have access to their immigration paperwork. Without access to immigration paperwork, skilled immigrants cannot get driver's license, sign lease of mortgage, get car loan, admit child to school or even change jobs.
• Patriot Act requires skilled immigrants to carry their immigration paperwork, how can people carry their paperwork if they don't have it.
• Which is why Warren Amendment #1532 is a common sense fix?

whiteStallion 06-25-2013 09:21 PM

Sent emails.

heartbeat 06-25-2013 10:18 PM

As per IV leadership persons calling have more effect on garnering support than sending emails.