Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Action Item - Seeking support for Warren Amendment #1532 (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095282-action-item-seeking-support-for-warren-amendment-1532-a.html)

jetflyer 06-26-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutrip (Post 3574058)
IV we neeed your direction and strategy for the abobe development if its truem

Dear friend, this is just the beginning. Rand Paul said it is already dead in House, because it is designed to fail by both parties.

Any ways I made calls to the senators and hoping for the best.

Jet

vinod14 06-26-2013 11:16 AM

Called CT, NY and TX senators so far
 
Called CT, NY and TX senators and left a message at their office.

Sen. John Cornyn (REP - TX): 202-224-2934 is apparently not in favor of the Warren Amendment.

Regards,
Vinod

shortduck 06-26-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod14 (Post 3574060)
Called CT, NY and TX senators and left a message at their office.

Sen. John Cornyn (REP - TX): 202-224-2934 is apparently not in favor of the Warren Amendment.

Regards,
Vinod

Thanks for the info., I will call him too.

Administrator2 06-26-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutrip (Post 3574058)
IV we neeed your direction and strategy for the abobe development if its truem

Please try to be realistic and not jump the gun on every news article. Its not possible to have boilerplate strategies lying around. There will be hundreds of articles saying all sorts of things. We request you to stick to the plan and keep making phone call and please keep sending messages to the Senate offices.

Since 2007 bill, we have come a long way. This bill has a lot of things we have advocated for long time -

* Per country elimination
* Dependents exemptions
* STEM exemptions
* Recapture

So please just stick to the plan and not worry about the noise.

Administrator2 06-26-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod14 (Post 3574060)
Called CT, NY and TX senators and left a message at their office.

Sen. John Cornyn (REP - TX): 202-224-2934 is apparently not in favor of the Warren Amendment.

Regards,
Vinod

Not true. We had a conversation with Sen. Cornyn ofc earlier today. Cornyn ofc is NO on the entire bill. They are undecided on Warren amendment. But it won't matter. So we are in good shape. The staffer who picked up your phone just meant that Senator is opposed to immigration bill, which everybody already knows.

Just stick the plan and keep making phone calls.

jetflyer 06-26-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3574065)
Not true. We had a conversation with Sen. Cornyn ofc earlier today. Cornyn ofc is NO on the entire bill. They are undecided on Warren amendment. But it won't matter. So we are in good shape. The staffer who picked up your phone just meant that Senator is opposed to immigration bill, which everybody already knows.

Just stick the plan and keep making phone calls.

you mean if Our amendment passes and whole bill fails. it is going to be helpful for us?

Jet

Administrator2 06-26-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetflyer (Post 3574067)
you mean if Our amendment passes and whole bill fails. it is going to be helpful for us?

Jet

You know better than that. It is public knowledge that Sen. Cornyn is expected to vote against the bill. There are 99 other Senators, out of which 65-70 are expected to vote for the bill. I am unable to see a point you are trying to make. Are you saying that because Senator Cornyn will vote against the bill that it will not pass the Senate?

ebizash 06-26-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetflyer (Post 3574067)
you mean if Our amendment passes and whole bill fails. it is going to be helpful for us?

Jet

I think he means that we are not counting on his vote for the entire bill and the bill can pass even without his vote. However, sen is not decided on the amendment vote and our repeated calls may be able to sway him our way - for the amendment.

jetflyer 06-26-2013 03:39 PM

Boehner: We Will Not Hold a Vote on the Senate Immigration Bill - Guy Benson

pankajkchhabra 06-26-2013 04:37 PM

Called Barbara Boxer, Ted Cruz
 
called Barbara Boxer, Ted Cruz.

Phone lines for John Cornyn (tx), Dianne Feinstein (CA) is busy.

Administrator2 06-26-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetflyer (Post 3574072)

You probably doesn't know what this means, nothing wrong with that. Allow me to explain. "Boehner not going to hold a vote on the Senate immigration bill" means that Speaker of the House will not bring the exact Senate version of the immigration bill in the Senate. But it also doesn't mean that he cannot bring House version of the immigration bill. Look for H.R.2131 - One of the House version of immigration reform.

If you follow the legislative process, you will see that large bills are almost always different in Senate and House. After the bills passes the two chambers of Congress, the two different bills go for reconciliation process so they can agree on the final version of the bill. That is a standard process.

jetflyer 06-26-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3574077)
You probably doesn't know what this means, nothing wrong with that. Allow me to explain. "Boehner not going to hold a vote on the Senate immigration bill" means that Speaker of the House will not bring the exact Senate version of the immigration bill in the Senate. But it also doesn't mean that he cannot bring House version of the immigration bill. Look for H.R.2131 - One of the House version of immigration reform.

If you follow the legislative process, you will see that large bills are almost always different in Senate and House. After the bills passes the two chambers of Congress, the two different bills go for reconciliation process so they can agree on the final version of the bill. That is a standard process.

You are correct. I thought it means there will no bill in house. thank you for explaining. hoping for the best.

Amig 06-26-2013 07:06 PM

Called senators and also contributed $100 to support IV.

Receipt ID
3265-3970-7592-7917


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org