Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Not true. We had a conversation with Sen. Cornyn ofc earlier today. Cornyn ofc is NO on the entire bill. They are undecided on Warren amendment. But it won't matter. So we are in good shape. The staffer who picked up your phone just meant that Senator is opposed to immigration bill, which everybody already knows.

Just stick the plan and keep making phone calls.
you mean if Our amendment passes and whole bill fails. it is going to be helpful for us?

Jet
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetflyer View Post
you mean if Our amendment passes and whole bill fails. it is going to be helpful for us?

Jet
You know better than that. It is public knowledge that Sen. Cornyn is expected to vote against the bill. There are 99 other Senators, out of which 65-70 are expected to vote for the bill. I am unable to see a point you are trying to make. Are you saying that because Senator Cornyn will vote against the bill that it will not pass the Senate?

Old 06-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetflyer View Post

Jet
I think he means that we are not counting on his vote for the entire bill and the bill can pass even without his vote. However, sen is not decided on the amendment vote and our repeated calls may be able to sway him our way - for the amendment.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Boehner: We Will Not Hold a Vote on the Senate Immigration Bill - Guy Benson

Old 06-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pankajkchhabra has a spectacular aura about pankajkchhabra has a spectacular aura about
Default Called Barbara Boxer, Ted Cruz

called Barbara Boxer, Ted Cruz.

Phone lines for John Cornyn (tx), Dianne Feinstein (CA) is busy.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

You probably doesn't know what this means, nothing wrong with that. Allow me to explain. "Boehner not going to hold a vote on the Senate immigration bill" means that Speaker of the House will not bring the exact Senate version of the immigration bill in the Senate. But it also doesn't mean that he cannot bring House version of the immigration bill. Look for H.R.2131 - One of the House version of immigration reform.

If you follow the legislative process, you will see that large bills are almost always different in Senate and House. After the bills passes the two chambers of Congress, the two different bills go for reconciliation process so they can agree on the final version of the bill. That is a standard process.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
You probably doesn't know what this means, nothing wrong with that. Allow me to explain. "Boehner not going to hold a vote on the Senate immigration bill" means that Speaker of the House will not bring the exact Senate version of the immigration bill in the Senate. But it also doesn't mean that he cannot bring House version of the immigration bill. Look for H.R.2131 - One of the House version of immigration reform.

If you follow the legislative process, you will see that large bills are almost always different in Senate and House. After the bills passes the two chambers of Congress, the two different bills go for reconciliation process so they can agree on the final version of the bill. That is a standard process.
You are correct. I thought it means there will no bill in house. thank you for explaining. hoping for the best.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light

Called senators and also contributed $100 to support IV.

Receipt ID
3265-3970-7592-7917

Old 06-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
devasuresh can only hope to improve
Default Cruz ammendment S1586 will on floor tomorrow: Similar to Wayne ammendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpratap View Post
Lets do our share of calling Senators, after all its helping ourselves.,

we are winning, We WILL.
Hi Guys,

As below Cruz ammendment supported by Hatch is going to be on floor.

It has all our wishes may be more than Wayne ammendment. May be should call all senetors to support Cruz S1586 (support of HATCH)

Old 06-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute

This would be ridiculous if they dont allow other amendments to be presented for vote... it's all about damn illegals....BUT WE SHOULD STILL KEEP TRYING.

Senate takes another step toward passing immigration reform - CNN.com

"The 69-29 vote set up a procedural motion immediately afterward to limit debate on the roughly 1,200-page bill, which would provide an eventual path to citizenship for millions of immigrants living illegally in the country.

While some further amendments still could be considered, the measure appeared headed to a final Senate vote by the end of the week after the procedural motion passed in a 67-31 vote."

Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by devasuresh View Post
Hi Guys,

As below Cruz ammendment supported by Hatch is going to be on floor.

It has all our wishes may be more than Wayne ammendment. May be should call all senetors to support Cruz S1586 (support of HATCH)
We will stick to the current plan of gathering support for Warren Amendment. Sen. Cruz is not supporting the bill, which is why most likely his amendment will be defeated, it doesn't matter what he is offering. That is how the system works.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Made calls to the Senators today... will do more tomorrow.

Made calls to the Senators today... will do more tomorrow.

Thanks

Old 06-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Cruz #1586 (co-sponspesed by Hatch) will voted tomorrow i.e. June 27th 2013 on senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by looivy View Post
pl push this thread on homepage...I had to traverse 3 pages to get here
Hi and Administrators,

Cruz #1586 (co-sponspesed by Hatch) will voted tomorrow i.e. June 27th 2013 on senate floor as per below link.

Grassley objects to consideration of managers package and votes on series of bipartisan list of amendments to Immigration bill | Senate Democrats

It has all fixes we wished like

1. More EB visas
2. No STEM 5 year degree limit
3. No Country Limit etc..

And I think many more in our wish list... Some body can volunteer to find them and it is mainly for leagal and immigration visas.

I do not know when will be warren ammendment will be on senate floor.but Cruz ammendment will be there on senate floor.

Can we please call senator offices to vote in support of it?

Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by devasuresh View Post
Hi and Administrators,

Cruz #1586 (co-sponspesed by Hatch) will voted tomorrow i.e. June 27th 2013 on senate floor as per below link.

Grassley objects to consideration of managers package and votes on series of bipartisan list of amendments to Immigration bill | Senate Democrats

It has all fixes we wished like

1. More EB visas
2. No STEM 5 year degree limit
3. No Country Limit etc..

And I think many more in our wish list... Some body can volunteer to find them and it is mainly for leagal and immigration visas.

I do not know when will be warren ammendment will be on senate floor.but Cruz ammendment will be there on senate floor.

Can we please call senator offices to vote in support of it?
This amendment was defeated in Judiciary committee. This amendment has zero chance of passing.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Sorry Administrator; did not see your comment

Quote:
This amendment was defeated in Judiciary committee. This amendment has zero chance of passing.
Hi Administrator,

I did not see your earlier comment... before posting another reply

And posted reply on Cruz ammendment.

Yes it was defeated in Judieciery comment.

Please delete my quotes and thread if you think they are not needed...

Just some hopes that some wonder will happen may 1586 would passed of course it is very unlikely as u mentioned.