Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Action Item - Seeking support for Warren Amendment #1532 (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095282-action-item-seeking-support-for-warren-amendment-1532-a.html)

devasuresh 06-26-2013 08:46 PM

Cruz ammendment S1586 will on floor tomorrow: Similar to Wayne ammendment

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpratap (Post 3573959)
Lets do our share of calling Senators, after all its helping ourselves.,

we are winning, We WILL.

Hi Guys,

As below Cruz ammendment supported by Hatch is going to be on floor.

It has all our wishes may be more than Wayne ammendment. May be should call all senetors to support Cruz S1586 (support of HATCH)

LglImi 06-26-2013 09:24 PM

This would be ridiculous if they dont allow other amendments to be presented for vote... it's all about damn illegals....BUT WE SHOULD STILL KEEP TRYING.

Senate takes another step toward passing immigration reform - CNN.com

"The 69-29 vote set up a procedural motion immediately afterward to limit debate on the roughly 1,200-page bill, which would provide an eventual path to citizenship for millions of immigrants living illegally in the country.

While some further amendments still could be considered, the measure appeared headed to a final Senate vote by the end of the week after the procedural motion passed in a 67-31 vote."

Administrator2 06-26-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devasuresh (Post 3574085)
Hi Guys,

As below Cruz ammendment supported by Hatch is going to be on floor.

It has all our wishes may be more than Wayne ammendment. May be should call all senetors to support Cruz S1586 (support of HATCH)

We will stick to the current plan of gathering support for Warren Amendment. Sen. Cruz is not supporting the bill, which is why most likely his amendment will be defeated, it doesn't matter what he is offering. That is how the system works.

ikass 06-26-2013 11:02 PM

Made calls to the Senators today... will do more tomorrow.

Made calls to the Senators today... will do more tomorrow.

Thanks

devasuresh 06-26-2013 11:30 PM

Cruz #1586 (co-sponspesed by Hatch) will voted tomorrow i.e. June 27th 2013 on senate

Quote:

Originally Posted by looivy (Post 3573941)
pl push this thread on homepage...I had to traverse 3 pages to get here

Hi and Administrators,

Cruz #1586 (co-sponspesed by Hatch) will voted tomorrow i.e. June 27th 2013 on senate floor as per below link.

Grassley objects to consideration of managers package and votes on series of bipartisan list of amendments to Immigration bill | Senate Democrats

It has all fixes we wished like

1. More EB visas
2. No STEM 5 year degree limit
3. No Country Limit etc..

And I think many more in our wish list... Some body can volunteer to find them and it is mainly for leagal and immigration visas.

I do not know when will be warren ammendment will be on senate floor.but Cruz ammendment will be there on senate floor.

Can we please call senator offices to vote in support of it?

Administrator2 06-27-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devasuresh (Post 3574100)
Hi and Administrators,

Cruz #1586 (co-sponspesed by Hatch) will voted tomorrow i.e. June 27th 2013 on senate floor as per below link.

Grassley objects to consideration of managers package and votes on series of bipartisan list of amendments to Immigration bill | Senate Democrats

It has all fixes we wished like

1. More EB visas
2. No STEM 5 year degree limit
3. No Country Limit etc..

And I think many more in our wish list... Some body can volunteer to find them and it is mainly for leagal and immigration visas.

I do not know when will be warren ammendment will be on senate floor.but Cruz ammendment will be there on senate floor.

Can we please call senator offices to vote in support of it?

This amendment was defeated in Judiciary committee. This amendment has zero chance of passing.

devasuresh 06-27-2013 01:16 AM

Sorry Administrator; did not see your comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3574101)
This amendment was defeated in Judiciary committee. This amendment has zero chance of passing.

Hi Administrator,

I did not see your earlier comment... before posting another reply

And posted reply on Cruz ammendment.

Yes it was defeated in Judieciery comment.

Please delete my quotes and thread if you think they are not needed...

Just some hopes that some wonder will happen may 1586 would passed of course it is very unlikely as u mentioned.

legalimmi11 06-27-2013 08:57 AM

Emailed and called Senators and contributed $100 to support IV.

Your receipt number for this payment is: 5288-5893-6190-1873.

The Alchemist 06-27-2013 10:44 AM

Latest Newsletter

Important Update on Immigration Reform

LglImi 06-27-2013 11:19 AM

Democrats want to leave our best amendment 1532 out.....Team, keep calling and keep the pressure... Hope some respect for legals law followers arise in the hearts of a few...everybody(especially Democrat leadership) want to make sure there is a "sure shot" path to citizenship for illegals, but all kind of loopholes for legal law followers like us..

Senator Reid asked unanimous consent that a managerís package of amendments, which is at the desk, be in order and considered, en bloc; that the Senate proceed to vote on adoption of the amendments in this package, en bloc; that upon disposition of the managerís package, the following amendments be in order to be called up and the clerks be authorized to modify the instruction lines to fit the committee-reported amendment, as amended, where necessary:

- Sessions #1334;

- Hirono #1718;

- Fischer #1594;

- Blumenthal #1636;

- Vitter #1445;

- Brown #1311;

- Toomey #1599;

- Hagan #1386;

- Coats #1563;

- McCaskill #1457;

- Johnson (WI) #1380;

- Boxer #1260;

- Cruz #1580;

- Feinstein #1250;

- Lee #1214;

- Udall (NM) #1218;

- Vitter #1577;

- Tester #1459;

- Vitter #1474;

- Heitkamp #1593;

- Lee #1207;

- Whitehouse #1419;

- Cruz #1579;

- Udall (NM) #1691;

- Cruz #1583;

- Heinrich #1342;

- Cruz #1585;

- Reed (RI) #1608;

- Cruz #1586;

- Nelson-Wicker #1253;

- McCain-Cardin #1469; and

- Portman-Tester #1634.

That at 9am, Thursday, June 27th, the Senate proceed to votes in relation to the amendments in the order listed; that the amendments be subject to a 60 affirmative vote threshold; that there be two minutes equally divided prior to each vote; and all after the first vote be ten minute votes; that upon disposition of the Portman-Tester amendment #1634, the pending amendments to the underlying bill be withdrawn; the Majority Leader then be recognized for the purpose of raising points of order against the remaining pending amendments to the substitute amendment; that after the amendments fall, the substitute amendment, as amended, be agreed to; the cloture motion with respect to the S.744 be withdrawn; the bill, as amended, be read a third time, and the Senate proceed to vote on passage of the bill, as amended.

Administrator2 06-27-2013 12:03 PM

Final vote on the bill in Senate at 4pm today

LglImi 06-27-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3574114)
Final vote on the bill in Senate at 4pm today

Its all about illegals for Democratic leadership. As soon as they get a clear path to citizenship - who care about skilled immigrants who followed law: Just vote it ahead.

For me now, without Warren amendment - better this bill fail in House, irrespective of the (incomplete) goodies it is bringing and the unfairness legals are being treated with. EAD ASAP to all illegals, but legals - sorry please...wait until your employer goes bankrupt and start the process again.