Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough

Emailed and called Senators and contributed $100 to support IV.

Your receipt number for this payment is: 5288-5893-6190-1873.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Latest Newsletter

Important Update on Immigration Reform

Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute

Democrats want to leave our best amendment 1532 out.....Team, keep calling and keep the pressure... Hope some respect for legals law followers arise in the hearts of a few...everybody(especially Democrat leadership) want to make sure there is a "sure shot" path to citizenship for illegals, but all kind of loopholes for legal law followers like us..

Senator Reid asked unanimous consent that a managerís package of amendments, which is at the desk, be in order and considered, en bloc; that the Senate proceed to vote on adoption of the amendments in this package, en bloc; that upon disposition of the managerís package, the following amendments be in order to be called up and the clerks be authorized to modify the instruction lines to fit the committee-reported amendment, as amended, where necessary:

- Sessions #1334;

- Hirono #1718;

- Fischer #1594;

- Blumenthal #1636;

- Vitter #1445;

- Brown #1311;

- Toomey #1599;

- Hagan #1386;

- Coats #1563;

- McCaskill #1457;

- Johnson (WI) #1380;

- Boxer #1260;

- Cruz #1580;

- Feinstein #1250;

- Lee #1214;

- Udall (NM) #1218;

- Vitter #1577;

- Tester #1459;

- Vitter #1474;

- Heitkamp #1593;

- Lee #1207;

- Whitehouse #1419;

- Cruz #1579;

- Udall (NM) #1691;

- Cruz #1583;

- Heinrich #1342;

- Cruz #1585;

- Reed (RI) #1608;

- Cruz #1586;

- Nelson-Wicker #1253;

- McCain-Cardin #1469; and

- Portman-Tester #1634.

That at 9am, Thursday, June 27th, the Senate proceed to votes in relation to the amendments in the order listed; that the amendments be subject to a 60 affirmative vote threshold; that there be two minutes equally divided prior to each vote; and all after the first vote be ten minute votes; that upon disposition of the Portman-Tester amendment #1634, the pending amendments to the underlying bill be withdrawn; the Majority Leader then be recognized for the purpose of raising points of order against the remaining pending amendments to the substitute amendment; that after the amendments fall, the substitute amendment, as amended, be agreed to; the cloture motion with respect to the S.744 be withdrawn; the bill, as amended, be read a third time, and the Senate proceed to vote on passage of the bill, as amended.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Final vote on the bill in Senate at 4pm today

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute LglImi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Final vote on the bill in Senate at 4pm today
Its all about illegals for Democratic leadership. As soon as they get a clear path to citizenship - who care about skilled immigrants who followed law: Just vote it ahead.

For me now, without Warren amendment - better this bill fail in House, irrespective of the (incomplete) goodies it is bringing and the unfairness legals are being treated with. EAD ASAP to all illegals, but legals - sorry please...wait until your employer goes bankrupt and start the process again.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Disappointing

I have been calling the offices of Senators everyday including Senate Majority leader's office. Even called today also. It is really disappointing that Warren amendment 1532 is not considered in the amendment package for voting.
I feel that at least voice vote should have been considered for Warren amendment 1532 which is non controversial and will easily pass with bipartisan support, if it is given chance.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCOP View Post
I have been calling the offices of Senators everyday including Senate Majority leader's office. Even called today also. It is really disappointing that Warren amendment 1532 is not considered in the amendment package for voting.
I feel that at least voice vote should have been considered for Warren amendment 1532 which is non controversial and will easily pass with bipartisan support, if it is given chance.
Is not the amendment by Hatch was approved where we can file adjustment of status (I 485) if our I-140 is cleared ??

Old 06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light

Guys

Don't loose hope yet. The senator for Louisiana, requested a consent by both parties to a list of amendments that she think are agreeable to all. What amendments are part of it, i don't know.

It will be all clear by 4 pm and later in day when we get more details. Keep calling....

Old 06-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LglImi View Post
Its all about illegals for Democratic leadership. As soon as they get a clear path to citizenship - who care about skilled immigrants who followed law: Just vote it ahead.

For me now, without Warren amendment - better this bill fail in House, irrespective of the (incomplete) goodies it is bringing and the unfairness legals are being treated with. EAD ASAP to all illegals, but legals - sorry please...wait until your employer goes bankrupt and start the process again.
Thanks IV for all the effort and we should keep trying(calling, emailing, contributing) even though Democrat Leadership don't care about us..

Old 06-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Make Phone Calls !!!

Lets make our last effort before senate starts voting on the bill.

Lets Jam the phone lines of Senators office with our calls for Warren Amendment 1532.

Keep calling !!!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutrip View Post
how about Warren Amendment.

I have been calling the offices all they say is we are undecided.
This is which office? I will call them too right away.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-00
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PC2013 is on a distinguished road
Default Sent email's to CA senator's & Donated $100.

I sent email to support warren amendment #1532. Also donated $100. Appreciate IV efforts in getting CIR passed.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phone Calls !!!

phone calls is the need of the hour ! Please make phone calls to senator's office !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC2013 View Post
I sent email to support warren amendment #1532. Also donated $100. Appreciate IV efforts in getting CIR passed.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpratap View Post
phone calls is the need of the hour ! Please make phone calls to senator's office !
Called 6 Senators, 3 Rep, 3 Dems

Dem response - Dems dont give a damn to their own democratic Senator Warren's amendment - they want to vote Yes on citizenship to illegals, and they are eager to vote on that at 4pm today.

Republican response - Very positive "We will pass onto the Senator to support this amendment and we support skilled legal immigrants"

Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold

Hey,
To all the office that I have called, they are saying since the closure motion is already done they wont be discussing any more amendments.

Admin: please let us the current stand on this.

Meanwhile I am calling. ohh btw,
Sen. Roger Wicker (REP - MS) 202-224-6253 - He is voting against the bill, members please call this office. esp ppl from Mississippi.

Thanks