Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LglImi View Post
And backlog is not the only reason for issues faced by skilled immigrants. Again, stop the hipocracy, your PERM is approved donot mean everybody's is...
Tell me please why are we all stuck without greencards? What is the single most important issue why most people without greencards are fighting? Why we need CIR to pass with greencard provisions?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, please, this is not helping. It is not like drinking cool-aid from a different cup. These issues are complicated, and although it may seem simple to us, anything in Government takes a long time. Moreover, the process in the House is underway. The bill debate doesn't start on the day when the bill shows up on the floor of the Congress, rather, by that time the battle-lines are already drawn, and its already decided who stands where on each issue. We will encourage everyone to call your local House representative to get the schedule of town hall meetings for next week. And spend 30 minutes constructively to attend the town hall and raising the issue of Immigration reform. Arguing on forums doesn't help anyone. Infact arguing on the forums is the best way to waste your valuable time. We ask you to spend time out of forums, in the real world, and not waste time with meaningless arguments. If we haven't already said it FORUMS ARE WASTE OF TIME. Politics is still old fashion and it demands 1-1 interaction. Online petitions and forum discussions etc are only good for organizing. But for any outcome, this organizing must translate into real action, out of virtual world, into the real world.

Please look beyond the immediate issue affecting your individual applications. Even if you get past PERM labor, you will still be in deep sea for decades if the bill doesn't pass. What good will it do? You are worried about 5 months, we are asking you to act and protect yourself from having to wait 15 years.

Please focus on the Immigration Reform. There is no magic wand. We need more people to step up. If you are not willing to step up and if you think others will do their share and you somehow can skip doing the real work then you would be only fooling yourself.

We ask everyone to NOT waste time on the forums and go out and make phone calls, go to town halls meetings, call your local Congressman and schedule a meeting with the member/staff. If possible, take friends and neighbors to the meetings/town-halls. There is nothing to be afraid of. Rather, you will find that calling your Congressman's office and meeting with them is very fulfilling. You will have real sense of having positively contributed to the debate. Then start developing relationship with the local Congressman's office. Be in constant communication, say once a week or fortnight. If nothing else, send them the latest article on the subject in local publication. We have been doing the exact same things for years, and we have made progress. That is shoe and leather advocacy which is effective and it produces results. It takes time. No single meeting will produce the end result. But the sum total of all the meetings in every part of the country WILL yield results. We request everyone to be smart about how you spend time.

Last edited by Administrator2; 06-28-2013 at 10:37 AM.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold

I also believe that just the following 4 things will help to bring down the back-lock.

As far as STEM 5 yr provision is concerned, we got four of our key provisions:
1.) Removal of per-country limits
2.) Exemption for dependents
3.) Recapture of unused green cards from previous years
4.) STEM exemption from labor certification and numerical count

Thanks IV.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future
Default a lame duck president and dead end it is for this bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetflyer View Post
very true. Nothing will change as long as both the senate and house are controlled by same party. they will play it out to the galleries to raise the funding.

true, as the senators know that house will not work on it so they wanted to get this bill out of their way to work on the other fund raising and seat sustaining avenues.

House GOP knows Dems never won back the house on immigration issue on the front so forget 2015 for a democratic controlled house.

same old 2k6 story , then it was DEMS/Harry Reid , now it is GOP/John Bohner. ;-0

Old 06-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LglImi View Post
I dont mind if this bill fails. Without 5yr clause removal - no help for me and many other IVians who are in 6th year of H1B and were getting PERM waiver with Warren's 10yr amendment.

But THANKS!! to IV team for what we have...Good luck to all..
I dont understand why everyone is worried about just this provision. All other provisions make the date current for everyone. Not just Indians. Big worry should be the house version where they have more H1s but less GCs going forward. Future generations will suffer much more because of this. Lets focus on the house side.

IV's contributions

Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks to Aman & IV Team

Thanks to Aman & IV team for our provisions included in the base bill AND for nonstop efforts to get amendments included.
Although we were not successful to get our amendments included. But Aman & IV team have tried everything they could. Thanks for Commendable Efforts.
Thanks a lot,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Participated in Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC, in April 2011 & Nov. 2012 (typo corrected, Had to post again, as Editing is not possible for the posted message)
Participated in DC Rally in 2007 , All Action Items & contributed

Old 06-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
very true. Nothing will change as long as both the senate and house are controlled by same party. they will play it out to the galleries to raise the funding.

true, as the senators know that house will not work on it so they wanted to get this bill out of their way to work on the other fund raising and seat sustaining avenues.

House GOP knows Dems never won back the house on immigration issue on the front so forget 2015 for a democratic controlled house.

same old 2k6 story , then it was DEMS/Harry Reid , now it is GOP/John Bohner. ;-0
jetflyer is anti immigrant..... he is only discouraging people from doing anything..... his agenda is to spread pessimism..... as someone said here earlier.... pessimism is the tool of the week which is bound to bring failure.... be careful about what this guy jetflyer says..... ignore him

Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future
Default impasse could only be broken by prez/WH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
jetflyer is anti immigrant..... he is only discouraging people from doing anything..... his agenda is to spread pessimism..... as someone said here earlier.... pessimism is the tool of the week which is bound to bring failure.... be careful about what this guy jetflyer says..... ignore him

always there is a higher percentage of chance of a senate passed bill to be passed in the house than the other way around. Lets see if the lameduck WhiteHouse , just-speeches-no-action president, can break into the GOP house leadership.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

We just received the following message from extremely sincere voluteers in Dallas, TX

As you can see, people are doing their share to spread the word, whatever it maybe. You could as well step up and do your share. All that we ask is to protect your family and stand up for yourself. It doesn take much time at all. And it will be 100 times more effective and lot less than time you spend on meaningless forum discussions. Please do youself a favor and engage in real advocacy.

---------------------------------------------
Many thanks to Attorney Pallaviji Ahluwalia, we will have about five minutes on her Radio Show on Friday between 10am to 10:30 am. The Show starts at about 10am and she intends to call two of us in the early part of the show at 10am. She willsay few words about IV.Pallaviji has been a vocal supporter of the immigration bill. She has done my green card in the past and she is one of the best attorneys in the nation. Have referred many friends to her for Immigration work and she has done an awesome job.

Radio channel is 104.9 Fm for those who are in DFW area.

Four outside Dallas, you can listen to 104.9 FM on this link (There are two channels ... click on 104.9 FM)
http://www.funasia.net/index.php"

Old 06-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
There are some new guys joined after CIR was introduced. They only post against the bill negatively. If they are true supporters they would have joined IV volunteers by now. No IV volunteer will ever post like that because we all go and meet our reps. and know better about CIR. They would have been talking about their meetings with IV instead.The fact that they post negatively means they have not and do not have interests aligned with us.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
We just received the following message from extremely sincere voluteers in Dallas, TX

As you can see, people are doing their share to spread the word, whatever it maybe. You could as well step up and do your share. All that we ask is to protect your family and stand up for yourself. It doesn take much time at all. And it will be 100 times more effective and lot less than time you spend on meaningless forum discussions. Please do youself a favor and engage in real advocacy.

---------------------------------------------
Many thanks to Attorney Pallaviji Ahluwalia, we will have about five minutes on her Radio Show on Friday between 10am to 10:30 am. The Show starts at about 10am and she intends to call two of us in the early part of the show at 10am. She willsay few words about IV.Pallaviji has been a vocal supporter of the immigration bill. She has done my green card in the past and she is one of the best attorneys in the nation. Have referred many friends to her for Immigration work and she has done an awesome job.

Radio channel is 104.9 Fm for those who are in DFW area.

Four outside Dallas, you can listen to 104.9 FM on this link (There are two channels ... click on 104.9 FM)
http://www.funasia.net/index.php"
We should promote and refer business of our friends to such attorneys who support IV.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
always there is a higher percentage of chance of a senate passed bill to be passed in the house than the other way around. Lets see if the lameduck WhiteHouse , just-speeches-no-action president, can break into the GOP house leadership.
You cannot put the buden on 1 guy even if she/he is the President. Immigration bill is a large social change. Social changes are driven by public pressure, and the President can do his share. You and everyone who wants to see Immigration bill pass have to step up and do your share. Mearly saying "Lets see what the lameduck Whitehouse...." is not helping anyone. This bill is not about whether you like the President. Like any large bill, this bill will affects millions of lives. If people don't step up, if masses (which includes all of us) don't demand the change, then it wont happen. And then no one has the moral right to blame Congress or the President. You can still continue to say what you want, but it won't change anything.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
We should promote and refer business of our friends to such attorneys who support IV.
Can we please not just engage in small talk and attorney and promote business etc. Time is very precious. Please see the bigger picture. Act now, do your share, or else dont complain latter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Guys, Current House bill increase H1 limit to 195K without increasing green cards. The bill of 1986 created a systen of H and L visa and the EB system. After 27 years, Congress is trying to improve upon the current system. If the new proposed system surives for 20 years, the House bill will being in 10 million more people on H &L visa than the number of green cards offered. Over 20 years period, House bill will being in 14 Million immigrants that will be feeder system to EB system. But during the same period, House bill will allocate 3.3 million EB green cards. That means green card deficit of 10 million.

This will increase backlogs, not reduce backlogs. The new backlogs will ve so large thaf it will make current backlogs look like the best time of our lives.

Engage and call your local Congressman NOW. Setup an appointment with the local office and meet with them. This is very important.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold
Default We need new actipon item

ok Admin/Aman/Pappu

1. Please replace the existing home page action item with a new one.

2. Pls insert link to find local representative: Find Your Representative House.gov

3. We will also need to facts and figures to explain them.

Lastly, when is the house bill coming up for discussion ?

Thanks