Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaurav77 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Aman/IV Core,

First of all, we all applaud your leadership, initiative and perseverance , in trying to make such a big difference to the community and the generations to come. Congratulations to all for the first milestone, while we roll our sleeves for the second and final one. Let us all spread the word and motivate whoever we can in joining this initiative.

I will call my local Congressmen Albio Sires (8th District, NJ) today to setup a meeting. And soon I will do the same the nearby districts too. Is there any background material we can use as part of the influencing process? i am basically looking for a structure to my communication with the congressmen, outlining what issues to raise, how to connect with them and try to influence them towards our side (using facts & reason).

Regards
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadonly View Post
We keep on saying this will happen but no body clearly says when ?

1.) Removal of per-country limits
When ?
2.) Exemption for dependents
When?
3.) Recapture of unused green cards from previous years
When?
4.) STEM exemption from labor certification and numerical count
When?
If we all do our tasks and president signs the bill

Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute
Default STEM Exemption Question

Hi, I was wondering if the 5yr limit is with respect to priority date or current calendar date.
For Example if you filed for GC within 5years of graduating in EB3 category then are you eligible for STEM exemption? It is more than 5years if you count from current calender date so this is not clear to me.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sripk View Post
Hi, I was wondering if the 5yr limit is with respect to priority date or current calendar date.
For Example if you filed for GC within 5years of graduating in EB3 category then are you eligible for STEM exemption? It is more than 5years if you count from current calender date so this is not clear to me.
Red this. It was posted earlier on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
I apologize, should have noted clearly. As of now, 4th provision means

> STEM exemption from labor certification and numerical count if the priority date is within 5 years of earning STEM degree.

We will continue to push for provisions that are inclusive of long backlogged skilled immigrants. But to get this done, please engage more friends, colleagues, neighbors etc. This can be done if enough people step-up. We got the amendment introduced, and will try to get that on the House side as well. But will need everyone to recruit and engage more people.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

To better understand what works, click on the link below and scroll to Minute 44 to hear if internet based petitions or online virtual march style has any affect.

Lofgren, Diaz-Balart on House Immigration Bill: Video - Bloomberg

As Congresswoman Lofgren and Congressman Diaz-Balart emphatically said - the most effective method to get support for any issue is to call and email your Member of Congress.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You cannot put the buden on 1 guy even if she/he is the President. Immigration bill is a large social change. Social changes are driven by public pressure, and the President can do his share. You and everyone who wants to see Immigration bill pass have to step up and do your share. Mearly saying "Lets see what the lameduck Whitehouse...." is not helping anyone. This bill is not about whether you like the President. Like any large bill, this bill will affects millions of lives. If people don't step up, if masses (which includes all of us) don't demand the change, then it wont happen. And then no one has the moral right to blame Congress or the President. You can still continue to say what you want, but it won't change anything.
With all due respect, do you really believe it is social change? If anything had to do with social changes then EB bill would have passed long ago we are also part of social system not outside it.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant2007 View Post
With all due respect, do you really believe it is social change? If anything had to do with social changes then EB bill would have passed long ago we are also part of social system not outside it.
Not sure what's your point. For well known reasons EB bill is unlikely to happen by itself. Get over it so you can see what is possible. Simply talking about EB reform will not help. If you have the strength, horn and the check book to convince Senate & House, please go right ahead and convince the Congress to do EB bill. If not, what is the point of unnecessary argument.

Large immigration bill that just passed the Senate is a social change. If it isn't, then don't know what is. And if you still disagree, forget about the label. All that we were trying to say was - President by himself can't pass large bills. Confress passes bills based on the mood of the people. And so, everyone who wants to see this bill pass need to step up and speak with their Member of Congress. You can disagree for all you want, but please feel free to push for EB only bill, if that is what you believe in.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute spaceguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default update the action item

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortduck View Post
ok Admin/Aman/Pappu

1. Please replace the existing home page action item with a new one.

2. Pls insert link to find local representative: Find Your Representative House.gov

3. We will also need to facts and figures to explain them.

Lastly, when is the house bill coming up for discussion ?

Thanks
As shortduck mentioned ,Please update the action item. What do we need to talk when we call congressman

Old 07-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutrip View Post
Aman,

Not sucking up to you but I totally concur with you!

I know even I have posted some negative comment before on this forum therefore it's not fair on my part to say this

BUT I make a request to you

Please disregard all these noise and KEEP UP the good work you are doing in leading us.

Having said that please update us as to what you think will be the approach of the HOUSE; as they say they won't take up this S744 bill

You have led us to reach the 50 yard line like a good quarterback; now help us score the HOMERUN

Since we love cricket "be our Javed Miandad and score 6 of the last Ball! "

THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE!!!
ashutrip, you had earlier mentioned that you are a resident of Florida. And someone else had already pointed out, as how you should make contact with your state chapter, and sign up to volunteer. If you have already done that, cool, but from your above message it did not look like it. So again, can you please mail to "fl at immigrationvoice dot org" and ask that you would like to volunteer?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

@ashutrip You seem passionate about it, so I would request you to put your time and energy to better use than wasting it up on the forum.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best time is NOW

Quote:
Not sure what's your point. For well known reasons EB bill is unlikely to happen by itself. Get over it so you can see what is possible. Simply talking about EB reform will not help. If you have the strength, horn and the check book to convince Senate & House, please go right ahead and convince the Congress to do EB bill. If not, what is the point of unnecessary argument.

Large immigration bill that just passed the Senate is a social change. If it isn't, then don't know what is. And if you still disagree, forget about the label. All that we were trying to say was - President by himself can't pass large bills. Confress passes bills based on the mood of the people. And so, everyone who wants to see this bill pass need to step up and speak with their Member of Congress. You can disagree for all you want, but please feel free to push for EB only bill, if that is what you believe in.
Dear Friends,

I believe there has never been a better time for legal immigrants to push their case. House which is has a majority of republicans are more inclined towards legal immigrants than illegal. If you read all the recent articles you will see that all the republicans despise the current Senate bill , but they are also saying that they would like to see more for legal immigrants. Republicans in GOP are saying that legal immigrants who have followed the law should not be penalized at the cost of illegal immigrants. Republicans are more sympathetic towards legal immigrants.

If there was a good time, then it is now. We should work hard to push our case in House and get more amendmends in House bill. When House and Senate hold conference to consolidate both their bills we should see that our provisions make through. It seems Senate (Democrats) mostly cares for illegal immigrants whereas House ( Republicans ) cares for legal immigrants more than illegal ones.

Taking this in to consideration we should consider this time window as once in lifetime opportunity to push our case. Please let us put our egos aside and for once work towards betterment of our brothers and sisters. Its now or never.

Good luck and Happy Independence day in advance !

Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any time frame that House is considering to floor the bill?

Old 07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
tammman has a spectacular aura about tammman has a spectacular aura about

Sent emails to CA senators

Old 07-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by apshodh View Post
Dear Friends,

I believe there has never been a better time for legal immigrants to push their case. House which is has a majority of republicans are more inclined towards legal immigrants than illegal. If you read all the recent articles you will see that all the republicans despise the current Senate bill , but they are also saying that they would like to see more for legal immigrants. Republicans in GOP are saying that legal immigrants who have followed the law should not be penalized at the cost of illegal immigrants. Republicans are more sympathetic towards legal immigrants.

If there was a good time, then it is now. We should work hard to push our case in House and get more amendmends in House bill. When House and Senate hold conference to consolidate both their bills we should see that our provisions make through. It seems Senate (Democrats) mostly cares for illegal immigrants whereas House ( Republicans ) cares for legal immigrants more than illegal ones.

Taking this in to consideration we should consider this time window as once in lifetime opportunity to push our case. Please let us put our egos aside and for once work towards betterment of our brothers and sisters. Its now or never.

Good luck and Happy Independence day in advance !
there couldn't be dumber comments.....

did u not read the recent newsletter..... when house republicans say that they r for legal immigrants..... it means they want to increase h1 quota to 195,000 & no green card quota increase.... republicans r mostly in the pocket of us chamber of commerce..... they want to get more people so the cost of hr will go down for big business..... house republicans do not want more people on green cards..... they just want more "guest workers"..... obviously u fell for their talking points, no big deal.....

for anybody to think that house republicans are for legal immigrants to get more green cards.... u should first read house republicans stem jobs act bill..... & anyone who thinks that senate democrats did not want legal immigrants to get green cards..... read senate immigration bill.....

appearances are deceptive...... simple mind tries to find easy explanation for events..... in real life nothing is simple...... it is easy to conclude that democrats r only for illegals & republicans r only for legal immigrants..... truth is far from it & this is the dumbest conclusion one can draw.... u can't paint everyone with the same brush.... its like saying all blacks r good at football.... or all indians r good at cricket..... as u can tell, this is not true either......

house republicans only want more h1 visas.... the last newsletter said that house bill will create backlog of 10 million people...... this is 10 times bigger than current backlog...... with that kind of backlog..... there will be a lot of slave trade of people on h1...... keep counting on house republicans.....

Old 01-10-2014, 12:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lang..uage11 is infamous around these parts lang..uage11 is infamous around these parts

Fix for removal

leasing staff company

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.