Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Action Item - Seeking support for more Green Cards to reduce backlogs (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095341-action-item-seeking-support-for-more-green-cards-to-reduce-backlogs.html)

waitingnwaiting 07-22-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutrip (Post 3575061)
Have done that via email and phone.

His staff diplomatiically skirts the personal meeting requests.

Don't Fake it!

Many people here are veterans and can easily know when you lie.
I have myself met so many lawmaker offices including from FL. Don't lie you have been trying to get personal meeting requests. You can't impress anyone by saying you have been calling Congressmen and CEOs. (plural). It reduces your credibility and confirms you a troll.

It is very easy to take appointment. No office can refuse a constituent. They have to give appointment. It seems you have just sent 'one' email only recently and you are posting a standard response you got. It means zero. Each one of us have got hundreds of such emails from many years. We know what it means and we do not even post it.

My suggestion is to start monthly contribution to IV first and prove that you are not a troll.

CVK 07-22-2013 01:22 PM

EAD for H4 visas is it in the bill?

soorya 07-22-2013 02:19 PM

Posting Marathon

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutrip (Post 3575106)
i dont have to prove anything to anybody....

It seems like you're doing a "posting" marathon all over the forum. If you're hired to do that- then good for you. Else, rethink about what and whether you need to post? Btw, you should meet "aswami" who does things in your way too!!!

hopefullgc 07-25-2013 12:35 PM

Hoping for best

Hoping for best.

itkris 07-25-2013 01:05 PM

This is (one of) what we're up against:
Late heiress' anti-immigration efforts live on - latimes.com

dwai 07-25-2013 04:43 PM

Just bumping up the conversation.

Is CIR still alive?? what is happening over the house debate?

eastindia 07-25-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwai (Post 3575249)
Just bumping up the conversation.

Is CIR still alive?? what is happening over the house debate?

I do not think you will find day to day updates on any website. Most lobby information is discussions and these meetings are not posted.

I can tell you that some volunteers in IV are meeting Reps regularly. IV has been giving me guidance and did tell me updates on CIR related to my Rep. You should take appointment with your Rep. It is a good time for it.

GCTorture 07-26-2013 09:57 AM

Meeting Rep

Hi,
Somebody from IV please direct me on how to meet my Rep? I am from NY. Also, how I should prepare, and what to represent. I really appreciate. Thank you.

eastindia 07-26-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCTorture (Post 3575268)
Hi,
Somebody from IV please direct me on how to meet my Rep? I am from NY. Also, how I should prepare, and what to represent. I really appreciate. Thank you.

I had sent an email to my state chapter. I think the email format for New York will be ny@immigrationvoice.orgg

I wrote in the email my name, address, phone number, my profession, my participation in the past and said that I have been contributing. Someone from IV called me after that.

rupen 07-26-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCTorture (Post 3575268)
Hi,

Send email to ny@immigrationvoice.org