Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Action Item - Seeking support for more Green Cards to reduce backlogs (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095341-action-item-seeking-support-for-more-green-cards-to-reduce-backlogs.html)

jetflyer 07-28-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutrip (Post 3575306)
Experts/admin,

Any thought on this?

why dont you get it my friend. as I said in the beginning that this bill was designed to fail. Nothing will happen. just wait for2014 election. may be they start talking again after that.

just relax and forget about this.

Jet

seahawks 07-28-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetflyer (Post 3575308)
why dont you get it my friend. as I said in the beginning that this bill was designed to fail. Nothing will happen. just wait for2014 election. may be they start talking again after that.

just relax and forget about this.

Jet

Hope is the only thing that will keep us motivated. We have to maximize our energies towards any opening or options that come up. People all around are working tirelessly meeting lawmakers, attending town hall meetings, talking to representative offices and keeping the pressure on. Don't take of your pedal and stay focused. Motivate yourself, motivate others and spread the word. There are action items that IV wants us to do, so keep at it, do it, motivate others to do it. Don't lost hope, as we will lose our focus. If there is someone new who is not aware of our struggle, engage with them and bring them up to speed for how far we have come. I know we may have not reached the promise land, but along the way many of us have enjoyed the benefits of all the struggle and hard work IV has done.

seahawks 07-28-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutrip (Post 3575312)
Why is not the action item posted on the forum.

If it posted please repost it.

If it exclusive only for donors please try to understand not everybody's financial situation will allow them to donate.

Any form of contribution is/will be helpful in this noble case..

The first page of this thread has the action item, I am surprised you never saw it even though you are actively posting on the same thread. Alternately look at the home page, there is a header with orange border that calls this thread out and will take you to the first page of this thread again. I can't imagine how we all get blinded and forget about what this thread was all about. It is not exclusively for donors and no I won't understand anyone's financial situation, period. Sorry for being blunt but I cannot comprehend people not able to donate, if I did not have money, I would skip a meal everyday to come up with that amount because the work that is being done is that important but that's me. To say I don't have 25 or 50 dollars to spare a month to setup a recurring donation is the most hardest thing for me to digest.

Hrithik 07-29-2013 12:48 PM

Email sent.
 
Email sent. :)

imh1b 07-29-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutrip (Post 3575312)
Why is not the action item posted on the forum.

If it posted please repost it.

If it exclusive only for donors please try to understand not everybody's financial situation will allow them to donate.

Any form of contribution is/will be helpful in this noble case..

Contribution is always in the form of $. Tell me how you can pass any bill without $. If you can do it, start your own organization without donors and get a bill passed. If you think by making posts everyday you are contributing you are not contributing. You are just doing time-pass.

If your financial situation is such that you cannot even contribute $25/50, then what exactly are you doing in this country? How much do you earn, pay rent. Do you have cable, internet? Do you ever go to any restaurant? Do you ever take your family to any event or fun trip? Do you ever visit Las Vegas, Niagra Falls, Disneyland or any other place in USA? Do you ever go to India in the last few years?

Man how do you live if you do not even have $25/50? Maybe this country is not the right place for you if you do not even have $25/50. Because if you are bright and well educated you will most surely get a good well paying job. There is so much demand and this is why there are so many immigrants coming every year on visa. If you are not earning, there is definitely some big problem with your skill level or you are living illegally with an expired visa.

You need to decide if it is really worth for you in this country without any money.

PC2013 07-31-2013 12:59 PM

Senator Dianne Feinstein responding about his support for S. 744
 
Below is the content of the response.

Thank you for your letter in support of comprehensive immigration reform. I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts and suggestions on this important issue, and I would like to take this opportunity to share my views.



I support comprehensive immigration reform. I believe reforms should be sensible and fair, meet the needs of families and workers, provide effective enforcement and security at the borders, improve immigrant detentions, and offer a pathway to earned citizenship that requires undocumented immigrants to pay taxes and fines, pass background checks, and learn English.



I am pleased to share with you that, on June 27, I voted for comprehensive immigration reform legislation, known as the "Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act" (S. 744), which the Senate passed by a vote of 68 to 32. In case you are interested, I have attached my floor statement on the bill.



This bill provides a practical way for undocumented immigrants to earn citizenship that would be contingent upon securing our borders, addressing the problem of foreign nationals who overstay their visas, and deterring future illegal immigration through the implementation of an effective and mandatory employment verification system. It would also improve our legal immigration system by reducing backlogs in the family and employment visa categories, and to facilitate the world's best and brightest ability to work and stay in the United States.



Furthermore, the agricultural worker provisions included in the bill, which I negotiated, will ensure that Americans continue to have access to a safe and healthy food supply by providing a stable, sustainable, and legal agricultural workforce.



The bill also addresses a growing problem faced by American companies – including many in California – in filling high-tech jobs in science and technology. For example, the legislation would raise the annual cap of H-1B visas from 65,000 to 115,000 and it would exempt science, technology, engineering, and mathematics graduates with doctoral degrees from the employment-based visa cap. At the same time, the bill includes safeguards to protect Americans from displacement and wage suppression.



Finally, this bill would be good for our economy. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found that the bill would meaningfully reduce the federal budget deficit by $158 billion over the next 10 years and by an additional $685 in the decade thereafter. The CBO also found that the bill would lead to a 5.4% increase in our gross domestic product (GDP) by 2033.



I firmly believe that now is the time to reform our broken immigration system, and that any reform legislation must include a pathway to citizenship. I believe the legislation introduced by the bipartisan group of senators represents a major breakthrough, and I look forward to continuing to work closely with my colleagues as this debate moves to the House of Representatives.



I appreciate knowing that immigration reform is important to you, and I invite you to continue to share your thoughts and suggestions as this discussion continues. Please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841 should you have any additional comments or questions.



Sincerely yours,


Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, Feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list. Click here to sign up. And please visit my YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

crownAmbassador 07-31-2013 02:46 PM

intresting move on CIR by President
 
President Obama’s no-Congress strategy - Edward-Isaac Dovere - POLITICO.com

looivy 08-02-2013 03:43 PM

Exec order
 
Dems: Obama can act unilaterally on immigration reform - The Hill's RegWatch

indiantexan 08-02-2013 08:11 PM

Bob Goodlatte preps 'Immigration Resource Kit'
 
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ource-kit.html

keyurpatel80 08-03-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indiantexan (Post 3575502)

would love to understand the statement on page 13

"Greater Flexibility for Employers and
Workers: The bill allows foreign students and
workers on temporary visas whose employment based green card petitions have been approved to continue to work in the U.S. until their green cards
become available"

imh1b 08-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looivy (Post 3575500)

It is wishful thinking by people in favor of undocumented. It will never happen. Immigration is not a burning issue for the country. Country's priorities are economy, jobs, energy and health.

Detach our personal immigration application for a while and think. Ultimately the best solution is to approach immigration issue in small steps as part of a long term plan. It can be in CIR or piecemeal approach. But congress should act fast on the issues instead of posturing or party fighting.

looivy 08-03-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imh1b (Post 3575525)
It is wishful thinking by people in favor of undocumented. It will never happen. Immigration is not a burning issue for the country. Country's priorities are economy, jobs, energy and health.

Detach our personal immigration application for a while and think. Ultimately the best solution is to approach immigration issue in small steps as part of a long term plan. It can be in CIR or piecemeal approach. But congress should act fast on the issues instead of posturing or party fighting.

don't shoot the messenger

imh1b 08-04-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looivy (Post 3575536)
don't shoot the messenger

Not shooting the messenger. Commenting on the organizations for undocumented and politicians who are their champions.

scrooge2011 08-07-2013 01:49 PM

Disappointed with the tone in this forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imh1b (Post 3575338)
Contribution is always in the form of $. Tell me how you can pass any bill without $. If you can do it, start your own organization without donors and get a bill passed. If you think by making posts everyday you are contributing you are not contributing. You are just doing time-pass.

If your financial situation is such that you cannot even contribute $25/50, then what exactly are you doing in this country? How much do you earn, pay rent. Do you have cable, internet? Do you ever go to any restaurant? Do you ever take your family to any event or fun trip? Do you ever visit Las Vegas, Niagra Falls, Disneyland or any other place in USA? Do you ever go to India in the last few years?

Man how do you live if you do not even have $25/50? Maybe this country is not the right place for you if you do not even have $25/50. Because if you are bright and well educated you will most surely get a good well paying job. There is so much demand and this is why there are so many immigrants coming every year on visa. If you are not earning, there is definitely some big problem with your skill level or you are living illegally with an expired visa.

You need to decide if it is really worth for you in this country without any money.

Sir,
And who, might I ask, gave you the moral high ground to judge who should and should not consider living in this country? What has that got to do with clearing backlogs of people in the EB3-I catagory? The gentleman in question may or may not want to contribute money based on his judgement and he is perfectly entitled to it. Please keep comments and arguments pertinent and relevant to the objectives of this forum and PLEASE refrain from making personal remarks about other people.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org