Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutrip View Post
It's over!

We lose our last chance

what happened???
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of

Quote:
House won't take senate bill wanna go with piece by piece approach
Game over

Old 07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's over!

We lose our last chance
where did you get that dude?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's over!

We lose our last chance
are you surprised? really?

It was designed to fail from the beginning. Now some smart people like ron hira, imh1 and more start preaching me that i am talking negative.

Jet

Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viswanadh73 View Post
I like IV mission and appreciate what they are doing for the immigration community. I think this bill fix few things on the existing backlogs, that is good thing. I don't think the future estimated backlogs are correct in a real time scenario.
does all H1-B' holders apply for GC?
Is it possible to increase GC numbers in the same ratio H1 increase? if that is the case then why H1, instead we can ask for GC directly.
dont we need the increase of H1?

I think we need to support the bill and lobbying for more GC's is the right thing as of my opinion.
When you get married, you can wear any ordinary shirt. Then why do we try to wear the best dress available to us? Because it is once in a lifetime event. Similarly, CIR is a once in a lifetime event. I do not want to be shortchanged. I do not want to get greedy to settle with small fixes.

Almost all H1Bs want to apply for GCs. No one enjoys or likes being on H1B if there is a choice to be on GC. One can always go back even if you get GC. But employers file GC in the 6th year when they can nolonger keep someone here on H1B only. If there was a choice for people to file GC, most people will want GC over H1B any day.

Someone pointed out that prior to the year 2000, green card to H1B ratio was 2.1:1. Yes, it should be possible to increase GC is the same ratio. The reason people first land on H1B is because GC number is too low so there is a long backlog. Otherwise, given a choice, donít you think most people would prefer GC over H1B?

We do need to increase H1B. But it should be proportionate to GCs.

I meet IV members in DC in 2012. They discuss and explore different options. This bill removes per country limits which is why I went to DC. After I saw this thread I trust that IV has already tried to increase GCs in this bill but it did not work. With no choice left they decided to oppose this bill. Sometimes you just have to read between the lines to interpret what is going on behind the scenes.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's your take on this

Joint Statement By House GOP Leaders On Immigration Reform - GOP.gov

Isn't CIR and our last chance have been killed?
this is a good development....... there will be many more such items which are all good news even when it sounds negative.....

if house gop would have come out saying that they will not do any bill..... then it would have meant that its over...... but for the 345th time... in case you missed it the previous 344 times...... these guys are saying they will not bring senate bill and they will do their smaller bills...... it just means they are doing smaller bills without alienating republican leadership from its base...... why is this bad?

they will do a few smaller bills in the house & create the bundle of these smaller bills taking them to conference with senate immigration bill.... this was known all along in the media.... so why is this a new information & why is this bad news

there is lot of fluff & noise out there...... perhaps u were not around in 2006 & 2007...... before it is dead or before it becomes law..... you'll see over 10,000 news articles claiming why it will pass or why it will fail..... filter out the noise from real news & u'll find yourself living in a happier world.....

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You will make a good general who will motivate his troop by saying "so what we are surrounded by enemy on all 4sides good news is we can shoot in any direction"

Having said that hope you are right!
even before senate bill was voted on the senate floor..... bohener started saying that he will not bring senate bill for vote in the house.... he also said repeatedly that house will do its own bill..... tell me why is it so bad?..... he has been consistent...... he would be a lair if he said one thing & changed his position now... wouldn't he.....

who in their right mind expected house to pass senate bill?..... & is there anyone reasonable who expected house to pass path to citizenship?......

these issues will be resolved in conference between senate bill & handful of small bills that will pass the house......

nothing wrong with that......

Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute

Chill out guys we all know its going to be slow and it has been slow.why get worked up ..let me try to had some sattire if you will .

"GC ka intezaar ek mulk kay 100000 logon se jyada ko hai, lekin GC milna mushkil hi nahin na mumkin hai.."

If HR3012 could be held hostage by 1 or 2 people and failed eventually , this bill is a major major initiative , every one will want to have a piece of the pie ..just hope the pie does not get messed up in the process (if it has not already been messed up)

IV what next ? lets us know we are ready for more AI's

Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Politics @ its best !!!.

Well, these GOP Rep. of the House are not really worried of the general election, as they know the Red & Blue states will remain the same when it comes to House, Senate or local elections. The purple state maters when it comes to National Stage and if you are aiming at the WH. The folks opposing or supporting who are also up for re-election are more worried about the primaries and their leadership wants to help their colleagues to the extent possible drives the decisions they are taking.

Yes, Immigration system is broke and need to be fixed ASAP (Agree !!!). Yes, it is in this broken stage for decades (so what, it is always been like that !!!). Yes, it is urgent and needs a quick resolution (Agree to some extent !!!), but it is not as critical as other pressing issues (makes sense !!!) as Economy, Employment Rate.... Still if it fits well with strategy for 2016 Nation election stage, then it will be addressed.

Well, it appears like it matters for 2016 win... CIR might take the path of Obamacare - i.e. They will be a CIR, but what it will contain will be determined by the lobbying powers. The groups that make the most noise and the group that is the largest will be heard loud and clear.

Just do your part and it will happen. If you have been following CIR for few years now, this year seems to have a best chance compared to the past few.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its NOT over

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/us...ration.html?hp

i am still hoping.
Would like to hear from IV leadership. Please SPEAK UP.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Ryan working behind the scenes to push comprehensive immigration legislation - The Washington Post

On Wednesday afternoon, Ryan made a similar plea at a special immigration meeting of the House Republican Conference. He linked stronger border security and citizenship for undocumented workers to a more vibrant economy, according to people in the room.
+1 on Google+
Follow us on Twitter

Old 07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration Doom And Gloom Is Giving John Boehner Some Room To Operate
+1 on Google+
Follow us on Twitter

Old 07-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCTorture View Post

i am still hoping.
Would like to hear from IV leadership. Please SPEAK UP.
Ignore the noise. These people do not know what is going on or understand how things work. People who have attended full day advocacy day trainings by IV have a better idea how all this plays out. And everything you see in links is not true. Some are opinions. Some are advocated by interests. Some are because a particular media outlet is known for certain leanings. It took us some time to understand this ourselves when IV was started.

There are action items going on. Please follow them. If you have more time, contact your state chapter. Tell them what you have done for IV in the past, what your expertise is and what you can do. If they need you they will contact you for help.

There was a newsletter sent recently with the update and action item. Please also start your monthly donation subscription if you have not done so already so that there are resources to do actual advocacy beyond posts on the website. Contributing to IV monthly is a way to show sincerity to the cause and appreciate that bunch of IV volunteers are taking time off from work and family to advocate in DC or do conference calls with other organizations, lobbyists and other members to get the organization running for all of us. Nothing can be achieved by staying a freeloader or an arm chair critic. Get inside the circle. It takes a lot to execute a single idea in advocacy world.

Lastly do not get influenced by all kinds of posts you see on websites. Many people do not have understanding of politics and have never done on-the-ground advocacy work. It is okay because many of us were like that before becoming active leaders or active volunteers in DC. It takes time to look at the problem unselfishly and see the whole picture. Many of us since the early years of IV have gone through several years of struggle and education on this. There are much higher level negotiations, discussions etc that happen. There are several organizations/interest groups, PACs, Companies that are doing a lot on this issue. We meet them regularly. What we hear on the forums are just arm chair critics who have probably never gone to any fundraising event, never met a lawmaker, never been active in advocacy and have mostly spend time tracking and watching bulletins. Some just come for entertainment or cannot look beyond their own PD on the issue. The political process is very complex and cannot be looked in black and white because of an article or an opinion.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to set things straight to educate people who are not aware and only spend their time on forums.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 07-11-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Ignore the noise. These people do not know what is going on or understand how things work. People who have attended full day advocacy day trainings by IV have a better idea how all this plays out. And everything you see in links is not true. Some are opinions. Some are advocated by interests. Some are because a particular media outlet is known for certain leanings. It took us some time to understand this ourselves when IV was started.

There are action items going on. Please follow them. If you have more time, contact your state chapter. Tell them what you have done for IV in the past, what your expertise is and what you can do. If they need you they will contact you for help.

There was a newsletter sent recently with the update and action item. Please also start your monthly donation subscription if you have not done so already so that there are resources to do actual advocacy beyond posts on the website. Contributing to IV monthly is a way to show sincerity to the cause and appreciate that bunch of IV volunteers are taking time off from work and family to advocate in DC or do conference calls with other organizations, lobbyists and other members to get the organization running for all of us. Nothing can be achieved by staying a freeloader or an arm chair critic. Get inside the circle. It takes a lot to execute a single idea in advocacy world.

Lastly do not get influenced by all kinds of posts you see on websites. Many people do not have understanding of politics and have never done on-the-ground advocacy work. It is okay because many of us were like that before becoming active leaders or active volunteers in DC. It takes time to look at the problem unselfishly and see the whole picture. Many of us since the early years of IV have gone through several years of struggle and education on this. There are much higher level negotiations, discussions etc that happen. There are several organizations/interest groups, PACs, Companies that are doing a lot on this issue. We meet them regularly. What we hear on the forums are just arm chair critics who have probably never gone to any fundraising event, never met a lawmaker, never been active in advocacy and have mostly spend time tracking and watching bulletins. Some just come for entertainment or cannot look beyond their own PD on the issue. The political process is very complex and cannot be looked in black and white because of an article or an opinion.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to set things straight to educate people who are not aware and only spend their time on forums.
Who are these freeloaders and what are they freely loading up on? Are they the people who participate on these forums without making a donation? If that is the case, why open this forum to "freeloaders" and complain about them in almost every thread? Why not make this a closed forum accessible only to those who donated?

I am new to IV forums and IV has a strange way of encouraging donations from new people by calling them 'freeloaders'. Have not seen any other non-profit organization do that. Every so-called freeloader is a potential donor who can be converted into an actual donor by providing the right information. Insulting them by using words like 'freeloaders' and 'armchair critics' is not productive and doesn't encourage donations from new members.

Further, the so-called armchair critics are not doing their armchair analysis for time pass or for deliberately hijacking the discussion or without any knowledge. They are all suffering in various stages of the immigration process and are affected by this mess. They contribute in the forums based on their level of knowledge. If we want a better discussion in the forums, the best way to achieve this is to provide more knowledge and information. But for some reason, the best and most useful information seems to be reserved and sold in exchange for 'donations'.

So, a new person has no access to the inside information by which he or she can know and understand IV's efforts. And, he or she is insulted as a freeloader and armchair critic to boot. Exactly what is the motivation for this person to open her/his purse and make a donation? Instead, all that he or she is left with are the news articles, and the 5 years of experience with a non-performing and obstructionist Congress which has one of the lowest approval ratings in the history of the country. So, of course, his/her forum posts will be influenced by this limited knowledge and experience. What is the point in blaming or criticizing such a forum member?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswami View Post
Who are these freeloaders and what are they freely loading up on? Are they the people who participate on these forums without making a donation? If that is the case, why open this forum to "freeloaders" and complain about them in almost every thread? Why not make this a closed forum accessible only to those who donated?

I am new to IV forums and IV has a strange way of encouraging donations from new people by calling them 'freeloaders'. Have not seen any other non-profit organization do that. Every so-called freeloader is a potential donor who can be converted into an actual donor by providing the right information. Insulting them by using words like 'freeloaders' and 'armchair critics' is not productive and doesn't encourage donations from new members.

Further, the so-called armchair critics are not doing their armchair analysis for time pass or for deliberately hijacking the discussion or without any knowledge. They are all suffering in various stages of the immigration process and are affected by this mess. They contribute in the forums based on their level of knowledge. If we want a better discussion in the forums, the best way to achieve this is to provide more knowledge and information. But for some reason, the best and most useful information seems to be reserved and sold in exchange for 'donations'.

So, a new person has no access to the inside information by which he or she can know and understand IV's efforts. And, he or she is insulted as a freeloader and armchair critic to boot. Exactly what is the motivation for this person to open her/his purse and make a donation? Instead, all that he or she is left with are the news articles, and the 5 years of experience with a non-performing and obstructionist Congress which has one of the lowest approval ratings in the history of the country. So, of course, his/her forum posts will be influenced by this limited knowledge and experience. What is the point in blaming or criticizing such a forum member?
So you are offended to read about freeloaders and arm chair critics? No one has the time to educate you or anyone coming in new with politics and how to participate. You have to educate yourself and figure it out if you are stuck in the backlog. Do not expect anyone to pamper you so you can open your wallet. If you contribute, you contribute for yourself. If you feel offended, you can do your thing. Either way, it is your problem. If you feel it your problem, you need to figure out how to manage it. You are doing no one any favor if you contribute. There is no room for complaints.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.