Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of

Or just all seasons of "The West Wing" and get an idea of what happens in Washington
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
So you are offended to read about freeloaders and arm chair critics? No one has the time to educate you or anyone coming in new with politics and how to participate. You have to educate yourself and figure it out if you are stuck in the backlog. Do not expect anyone to pamper you so you can open your wallet. If you contribute, you contribute for yourself. If you feel offended, you can do your thing. Either way, it is your problem. If you feel it your problem, you need to figure out how to manage it. You are doing no one any favor if you contribute. There is no room for complaints.
I am not the one who complains in every thread about freeloaders and armchair activists. This forum is a really strange place. It is called a "forum". But many senior people don't want discussions on this forum. Why? Apparently because just forum discussions are useless and produce no results. Fair enough. Then, what is the purpose of the forum? What are we supposed to use it for? Can you answer that? Isn't the very purpose of the forum to seek and share information and knowledge? So, your statement, "educate yourself and figure it out" is meaningless in this context.

Regarding donations - if someone wants to donate the money, is it not fair to want to know what exactly the organization does, what results it gets and how the money will be used before they open their wallet and donate? Perhaps, there are some people who will blindly open their wallet and donate, but most reasonable people expect to know some background information before donating. But what I have heard on this thread and other threads is that even to have that background info, you will have to donate. Do you not see the circular logic / catch 22 there? Donor says, "I need some info before I donate." IV says, "You freeloader, first donate and then we will give you some info." Does this sound reasonable to you?

Finally, your point that no one has the time to educate any new people makes absolutely no sense. One of the main functions that IV does is to educate and inform new volunteers on how to work the system to get the results. So, the time and effort is being spent on that. IV does need more and more new participants to join the effort and contribute with their money, time and energy to make this a success. It's not unreasonable for the new people to expect some information based on which they can contribute money, time and energy.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done

Done !

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

$100 HR3012 Drive + Attended San Jose Rally
$150 Sponsor trip to DC
$600 2010 & 2011-Advocacy Campaign.
$410 Contribution towards the Visa Recapture and Omnibus Drive
$25 Monthly recurring

PD: May 2003 (EB3)
I-140: 12/26/2006
I-485 Filed 06/29/2007 July 2nd receipt

FL Chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice/

Getting there...
Support IV

Old 07-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswami View Post
I am not the one who complains in every thread about freeloaders and armchair activists. This forum is a really strange place. It is called a "forum". But many senior people don't want discussions on this forum. Why? Apparently because just forum discussions are useless and produce no results. Fair enough. Then, what is the purpose of the forum? What are we supposed to use it for? Can you answer that? Isn't the very purpose of the forum to seek and share information and knowledge? So, your statement, "educate yourself and figure it out" is meaningless in this context.

Regarding donations - if someone wants to donate the money, is it not fair to want to know what exactly the organization does, what results it gets and how the money will be used before they open their wallet and donate? Perhaps, there are some people who will blindly open their wallet and donate, but most reasonable people expect to know some background information before donating. But what I have heard on this thread and other threads is that even to have that background info, you will have to donate. Do you not see the circular logic / catch 22 there? Donor says, "I need some info before I donate." IV says, "You freeloader, first donate and then we will give you some info." Does this sound reasonable to you?

Finally, your point that no one has the time to educate any new people makes absolutely no sense. One of the main functions that IV does is to educate and inform new volunteers on how to work the system to get the results. So, the time and effort is being spent on that. IV does need more and more new participants to join the effort and contribute with their money, time and energy to make this a success. It's not unreasonable for the new people to expect some information based on which they can contribute money, time and energy.
Look man, as you said, forum is not where meaningful discussion can take place. You can argue for as long as you want. You seem like a smart man to understand that no one lobbying in Washington will announce much of the behind the scene on the internet. You can poke, cry and argue for as long as you want but you will not get this information on the forum. I did not understand it either until I visited Washington for lobbying event in 2012. No one in IV is paid to "educate" you or anyone else. If you feel you need to know stuff, did you email someone or did you pick up the phone try calling someone in IV? If you did not, then stop complaining.

And, why do you keep coming back asking questions and accusing others of not answering your questions. If you really want others to provide you answers, then passing the judgement on everyone is not going to help. You can take your attitude and your keyboard somewhere else for all I care. Asking Why, Why, Why, for everything is not helping either. You think you are frustrated, you have no idea how others feel about having to wait for years. But venting on others is not helping. What may sound unreasonable to you could be reasonable to others. Maybe you will see it the same way if you had the experience. And because you did not, don't expect someone is waiting for you on the internet to answer all your questions just because one fine day you have a sudden urge to "know" things. Maybe you need to start your forum.

Happy arguing. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute

Take it easy in a few years from now Julian Assange will post on wikileaks what really happened , oh no Mr.Snowden might know too??..have patience for a few more years ... till then do what we can do , what else can we do..??

Old 07-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pass the Bill

Pass the Bill says David Brooks on NYTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/op...src=rechp&_r=0

Old 07-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts

are we supposed to do this every day ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
------------------------------------------------------
URGENT TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM
------------------------------------------------------

ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Please Oppose H.R. 2131

Dear Friends,

This is a time sensitive action item. In the background, there is a systematic campaign to undermine the effort for more EB green card numbers. Some of our employers, including some of the tech companies are engaged in pushing for more temporary visas only. These employers are also working to hurt their employees who are oblivious to what's going on behind the scenes.

Please treat this action item VERY SERIOUSLY. Our concern is that with no meaningful green card increase in the House bill, the Conference report will end up with almost no green cards for skilled immigrants and significant increasing temporary visas.

Some estimates suggest that there are over 1 million people waiting in EB green card backlogs. House bill H.R. 2131 proposes increasing temporary visas without proportionately increasing green card numbers. So much so that H.R. 2131 will create 10 times bigger backlogs of 10 million people. Here is a summary of SKILLS Jobs Act H.R. 2131 - http://immigrationvoice.org/media/SK...ct_Summary.pdf

Please click here to send a message to your member of Congress that no green card increase will hurt U.S. economy. Ask Congress to set the priorities straight, not to focus on temporary visas, rather focus on green cards for tax paying law abiding highly skilled immigrants -

ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Please Oppose H.R. 2131

Thank you,

Old 07-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute

I just got off the phone with one of the admins that works in our local Senator's office and described the problem. She had no idea about this, it's amazing how some people assume "temporary" and "permanent" to both mean the same thing - expats coming to the US for work. It was good that she got the problem, she did mention she'd pass on the message to the Senator. Fingers crossed, this has to get fixed. I waited for years to get my Green Card so I know the feeling. Good luck to everyone!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute antri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sent email again to Republicans

I just got a response from Harry Reid. But the republicans did not bother to reply back so I sent emails to those people again.

Republicans are working hard to be wiped out of congress this time.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Look man, as you said, forum is not where meaningful discussion can take place. You can argue for as long as you want. You seem like a smart man to understand that no one lobbying in Washington will announce much of the behind the scene on the internet. You can poke, cry and argue for as long as you want but you will not get this information on the forum. I did not understand it either until I visited Washington for lobbying event in 2012. No one in IV is paid to "educate" you or anyone else. If you feel you need to know stuff, did you email someone or did you pick up the phone try calling someone in IV? If you did not, then stop complaining.

And, why do you keep coming back asking questions and accusing others of not answering your questions. If you really want others to provide you answers, then passing the judgement on everyone is not going to help. You can take your attitude and your keyboard somewhere else for all I care. Asking Why, Why, Why, for everything is not helping either. You think you are frustrated, you have no idea how others feel about having to wait for years. But venting on others is not helping. What may sound unreasonable to you could be reasonable to others. Maybe you will see it the same way if you had the experience. And because you did not, don't expect someone is waiting for you on the internet to answer all your questions just because one fine day you have a sudden urge to "know" things. Maybe you need to start your forum.

Happy arguing. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.
Yes, I did email info at IV dot org and my state chapter offering my help and asking what I can do to help. I had someone write back asking additional info about me, and I replied to that. After that there was no more information.

And no, I am not asking why, why, why or asking for everything to be posted on the forum. If you recall this little back and forth between us, it started when I replied to Pappu's post, in which he referred to freeloaders and armchair discussions. This reference to freeloaders and armchair discussions happens in almost every big thread. So, I had two questions / suggestions:

1. Who are the "freeloaders" and what is it that they are getting for free?

2. If you want to avoid ineffective "armchair discussions" in a public forum, restrict the forum and/or guide the discussions in ways that you think are useful.

It is neither productive nor helpful to keep referring to freeloaders and ineffective armchair discussions when you provide an open public forum and you don't help the discussions be effective.

I don't have any interest in arguing with anyone. You are the one who interjected yourself into this discussion. If you don't want the interaction, you are welcome to end it from your side.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute
Post Clarification

Quote:

I think there maybe a misunderstanding on what this group and medium of communication is for. A lot of people consider this place to be a forum like a MAC Support or C++ forum where they ask questions and experts on hand answer questions. That is not what IV is about. Yes there are threads that "help" people with immigration issues with information but the main purpose of IV is to encourage legislative action to alleviate issues of immigrants who are stuck waiting for their GCs for decades. The purpose of most to these threads is to mobilize a grass roots effort through financial and physical contributions to get the US congress and senate to help us get out of this suffering. So think of these forums as a method to organize action committees to affect legislative actions. If you participate in these committees you will learn the process and the ins and outs of immigration but you should not be expecting that "experts" on these forums should answer immigration questions. This is not the purpose, in my opinion, of these forums. Call these "message boards" instead of "forums" and perhaps the purpose of what IV becomes a little more clear.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

$100 HR3012 Drive + Attended San Jose Rally
$150 Sponsor trip to DC
$600 2010 & 2011-Advocacy Campaign.
$410 Contribution towards the Visa Recapture and Omnibus Drive
$25 Monthly recurring

PD: May 2003 (EB3)
I-140: 12/26/2006
I-485 Filed 06/29/2007 July 2nd receipt

FL Chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice/

Getting there...
Support IV

Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I did email info at IV dot org and my state chapter offering my help and asking what I can do to help. I had someone write back asking additional info about me, and I replied to that. After that there was no more information.

And no, I am not asking why, why, why or asking for everything to be posted on the forum. If you recall this little back and forth between us, it started when I replied to Pappu's post, in which he referred to freeloaders and armchair discussions. This reference to freeloaders and armchair discussions happens in almost every big thread. So, I had two questions / suggestions:

1. Who are the "freeloaders" and what is it that they are getting for free?

2. If you want to avoid ineffective "armchair discussions" in a public forum, restrict the forum and/or guide the discussions in ways that you think are useful.

It is neither productive nor helpful to keep referring to freeloaders and ineffective armchair discussions when you provide an open public forum and you don't help the discussions be effective.

I don't have any interest in arguing with anyone. You are the one who interjected yourself into this discussion. If you don't want the interaction, you are welcome to end it from your side.
my friend there are three people in this forum who always try to interject and try to prove they are very smart.

1. Greyhair
2.Ron hira
3. imh1b ( something like that)

they know very well they can say anything here to anyone because they know that nobody can do anything. they are hidden behind keyboards.

i can bet you people like them can not say single words face to face.

Jet

Old 07-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antri View Post
I just got a response from Harry Reid. But the republicans did not bother to reply back so I sent emails to those people again.

It's such a fu.cking shame sometimes, innit?

Old 07-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antri View Post

All republicans are not same and all democrats are not same. If the are pro legal immigrant democrats the are antis too in it. Check Sen. Durbin's position on us. Similarly there a pro and anti republicans. Sen. Cornyn favors us. There are also fence sitters in both parties who vote based on what the issue is and how we convey to them our problem. It is not right to blame like that.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deecha is on a distinguished road

Nothing wrong with positive thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutrip View Post
dude seems like you are current in this visa bulletin therefore oozing with positive thinking.