Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Action Item - Seeking support for more Green Cards to reduce backlogs (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095341-action-item-seeking-support-for-more-green-cards-to-reduce-backlogs.html)

Administrator2 07-09-2013 01:46 AM

Action Item - Seeking support for more Green Cards to reduce backlogs

------------------------------------------------------
URGENT TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM

ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Please Oppose H.R. 2131

Dear Friends,

This is a time sensitive action item. In the background, there is a systematic campaign to undermine the effort for more EB green card numbers. Some of our employers, including some of the tech companies are engaged in pushing for more temporary visas only. These employers are also working to hurt their employees who are oblivious to what's going on behind the scenes.

Please treat this action item VERY SERIOUSLY. Our concern is that with no meaningful green card increase in the House bill, the Conference report will end up with almost no green cards for skilled immigrants and significant increasing temporary visas.

Some estimates suggest that there are over 1 million people waiting in EB green card backlogs. House bill H.R. 2131 proposes increasing temporary visas without proportionately increasing green card numbers. So much so that H.R. 2131 will create 10 times bigger backlogs of 10 million people. Here is a summary of SKILLS Jobs Act H.R. 2131 - http://immigrationvoice.org/media/SK...ct_Summary.pdf

Please click here to send a message to your member of Congress that no green card increase will hurt U.S. economy. Ask Congress to set the priorities straight, not to focus on temporary visas, rather focus on green cards for tax paying law abiding highly skilled immigrants -

Thank you,

krupa 07-09-2013 02:58 AM

Sent eMail Message

Sent eMail Message

LglImi 07-09-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3574546)
URGENT TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM

Dear Friends,

This is a time sensitive action item. In the background, there is a systematic campaign to undermine the effort for more EB green card numbers. Some of our employers, including some of the tech companies are engaged in pushing for more temporary visas only. These employers are also working to hurt their employees who are oblivious to what's going on behind the scenes.

Please treat this action item VERY SERIOUSLY. Our concern is that with no meaningful green card increase in the House bill, the Conference report will end up with almost no green cards for skilled immigrants and significant increasing temporary visas.

Some estimates suggest that there are over 1 million people waiting in EB green card backlogs. House bill H.R. 2131 proposes increasing temporary visas without proportionately increasing green card numbers. So much so that H.R. 2131 will create 10 times bigger backlogs of 10 million people. Here is a summary of SKILLS Jobs Act H.R. 2131 - http://immigrationvoice.org/media/SK...ct_Summary.pdf

Please click here to send a message to your member of Congress that no green card increase will hurt U.S. economy. Ask Congress to set the priorities straight, not to focus on temporary visas, rather focus on green cards for tax paying law abiding highly skilled immigrants -

Thank you,

VERY important action item. Thanks admin for this. I will be calling, emailing my congressman. Will try setup an appointment and if succeed, will involve local IV...

manchala 07-09-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LglImi (Post 3574553)
VERY important action item. Thanks admin for this. I will be calling, emailing my congressman. Will try setup an appointment and if succeed, will involve local IV...

Done!!!

spicy_guy 07-09-2013 08:50 AM

Thanks, IV.

Done!

tsnaresh 07-09-2013 08:52 AM

Done!!!

Completed the action item.

Gravitation 07-09-2013 08:56 AM

Done.

starscream 07-09-2013 09:06 AM

Done

mugembo 07-09-2013 09:13 AM

AI Completed x 2

laddu0 07-09-2013 09:15 AM

AI Done.

Yesterday only my friend told me that all the consulting company employers are meeting regularly and lobby Republicans across US to only increase H1B and not GC.

Thanks for IV to make me part of this AI.

np5337 07-09-2013 09:23 AM

AI done...

prahlad401 07-09-2013 09:31 AM

Sent email

AI Done

legalimmi11 07-09-2013 09:35 AM

Done.

gcbikari 07-09-2013 09:42 AM

emails done, will call today

smitin_2000 07-09-2013 09:44 AM

Done.

Go IV!