Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can IV request authorities to update demand data

IV Leaders -

Can we request authorities to update the demand data? The current data does not seem to reflect the porting. As a result EB3-I numbers in 2004, 2005 are showing up as higher that they should and may be prohibiting the dates to advance.

I know you have competing priorities but your help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

It only proves that data published is never accurate. We should not be relying too much on such data that is unreliable and play number games, predictions. I have seen people planning their future decisions in life on predictions. Even some lawyers now do predictions because they know people will come more to their site. It is a fact that IV was the first to get the data and forced government to make it public every month. But nobody now gives due credit to IV and urge people to support it. Why don't people who run their predictions business get this info themselves? To me any admin fix is more beneficial if CIR is not coming. My date is too far from getting current anytime soon. It does not matter to me if there are 1K less or more people in front of me.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decisions made on inaccurate data

The Dept of State seem to be making priority dates cut-off decisions based on that data. If this data is inaccurate, it would help many skilled immigrants languishing in EB3 to get their GC.

IV is the only conduit we have between skilled immigrants such as ourselves and legal + federal + exec branch of government

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
It only proves that data published is never accurate. We should not be relying too much on such data that is unreliable and play number games, predictions. I have seen people planning their future decisions in life on predictions. Even some lawyers now do predictions because they know people will come more to their site. It is a fact that IV was the first to get the data and forced government to make it public every month. But nobody now gives due credit to IV and urge people to support it. Why don't people who run their predictions business get this info themselves? To me any admin fix is more beneficial if CIR is not coming. My date is too far from getting current anytime soon. It does not matter to me if there are 1K less or more people in front of me.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by looivy View Post
The Dept of State seem to be making priority dates cut-off decisions based on that data. If this data is inaccurate, it would help many skilled immigrants languishing in EB3 to get their GC.

IV is the only conduit we have between skilled immigrants such as ourselves and legal + federal + exec branch of government
How will accurate data help EB3 backlog as you say? Government gives accurate number of greencards each year now. There has been no wastage. If number of pending applications have zero error it will not mean having any extra EB3 getting a greencard beyond yearly quota.

If Government wants to make data accurate, they must invest and overhaul their data system. It is not just employment based but every other category. This is a huge dollar expense you are proposing. And for what? so that people can predict more.
I think the more we get into the game of predicting the more we move away from getting any real admin fix that actually benefit our life and immigration status.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
How will accurate data help EB3 backlog as you say? Government gives accurate number of greencards each year now. There has been no wastage. If number of pending applications have zero error it will not mean having any extra EB3 getting a greencard beyond yearly quota.

If Government wants to make data accurate, they must invest and overhaul their data system. It is not just employment based but every other category. This is a huge dollar expense you are proposing. And for what? so that people can predict more.
I think the more we get into the game of predicting the more we move away from getting any real admin fix that actually benefit our life and immigration status.
So that EB2 to EB3 porting numbers are accurately reflected in the data. The EB3 number is higher than it should be and that is not allowing dates to advance as fast as it should.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
So that EB2 to EB3 porting numbers are accurately reflected in the data. The EB3 number is higher than it should be and that is not allowing dates to advance as fast as it should.
It does not really matter if dates advance or go back. Ultimately what matters is at the end of the year they should not waste EB3 India visas. So they can plan however they want. Dates cannot advance beyond annual quota for EB3. I have figured the hard way while waiting for many years.

And why do we need porting numbers? So that our speculations threads run forever. How will these calculations help get a quota increased?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
IV Leaders -

Can we request authorities to update the demand data? The current data does not seem to reflect the porting. As a result EB3-I numbers in 2004, 2005 are showing up as higher that they should and may be prohibiting the dates to advance.

I know you have competing priorities but your help is appreciated.

Thanks.
If I remember, couple of years back , instead of each and every one filing the FOIA request for inventory of 485 pending apps , IV collected the monies and filed for the FOIA request for inventory of 485's. From then on we have quarterly inventory of 485's pending reported.

If 'think the numbers are inaccurate , you can lead a drive and collect monies and file a request for the accurate information or explanation from USCIS.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute
Default My wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
If I remember, couple of years back , instead of each and every one filing the FOIA request for inventory of 485 pending apps , IV collected the monies and filed for the FOIA request for inventory of 485's. From then on we have quarterly inventory of 485's pending reported.

If 'think the numbers are inaccurate , you can lead a drive and collect monies and file a request for the accurate information or explanation from USCIS.
My wish list
========
Rather than demand data and inventory, I would like to see some report which states something as shown below. This DOS could easily generate while they release the visa number to uscis.

..A-number...DateFiled...DateApproved... category(EB1,2,3/FB1,2,3, etc)...Country...

Old 11-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb_newsletter View Post
My wish list
========
Rather than demand data and inventory, I would like to see some report which states something as shown below. This DOS could easily generate while they release the visa number to uscis.

..A-number...DateFiled...DateApproved... category(EB1,2,3/FB1,2,3, etc)...Country...
if they have ssn# probably they could avoid double counting guess A# may be multiple for a person with multiple cases

Old 12-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default waste thing

a beltway lawfirm with the pieces of inside information opines that the monthly numbers in oct'13 inventory may have been skewed coz of new applications still in data entry stage. There is no proting to EB3 I as stated. As always USCIS claims the inventory numbers are not accurate but they just give a waage idea of pending aproximate applications. "aproximate" being the key word.

what a waste !!

any talks of admin fixes ? similar to daca for groups like H4, EAD for those with 140 approved ?

Old 12-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
a beltway lawfirm with the pieces of inside information opines
Can you post the link to source information?

Old 02-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

there you go !!

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf

*No totals have been listed in the categories where the vast majority of demand is being received during the
course of each month. Therefore, the listing of any totals would be completely misleading.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely numbers are inaccurate.I don't understand how imh1b concluded & gave clean certificate to USCIS that "Government gives accurate number of greencards each year now". March 2014 Visa Bulletin shows Visa cutoff date for EB2 as 15NOV04 where as EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates shows 5 for EB2 before Jan 1, 2004

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/...utOffDates.pdf

OK fine.Why they are hiding for Before Jan 1, 2005/2006/2007 etc numbers instead show Before Jan 1,2009 for EB2.Look for EB3 all years (2005/2006/2007 etc) are shown.
Total bogus numbers.They are not reflecting EB3-->EB2 transfer demand. Definitely Double counting numbers.They must remove transferred numbers from EB3 instead they added transferred demand to EB2. Actually this was the reason why EB2 moved back to 15NOV04. A number of EB3 guys moved to EB2 especially from the years 2004 and 2005. First USCIS must disclose EB3 to EB2 moved numbers and immediately publish true numbers in their EB_I-485_Pending_Inventory report. They did not publish such report since Oct 1, 2013.

Quote:

Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

one can get information from uscis as explained here

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f.../FOIA-FAQs.pdf

Old 02-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2004
Compare
Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute Svee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interpret demand data?

How do i interpret demand data? I see that for EB3, prior to Jan 1st 2004, there are 2700 cases, approx. Per current rules, each country is eligible for 7K GC visa's .correct? Trying to correlate & and understand how much forward movement is possible.

( I am assuming that this data posted by DHS is right. i do understand the folks feel that its not right)