Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny2007 View Post
Looks like Admins are no longer working on this website. If they are , then they should delete all these crap from imh1b.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmunn View Post
So are you suggesting IV stop all activities to bring relief for EB2 and EB3 applicants ?

If they (EB2/3) are "highliy skilled" why don't they get PhD. You know you can get it. If your are smart , then get PhD from top univ, get a couple of patents and apply for GC under EB1 . All problems resolved. No need of IV.

BTW, which of your "skill" have you shown with IV ?

I never said IV shouldn't lobbying for h4 folks.
My point is signing a petition or flocking on Facebook does very little at hill. h4 folks should coordinate with IV team to lobby. because h4 has ample amount of time on their hand they can do a lot than rest of h1 folks.

At the end of the day EAD or GC is not a silver bullet one's skill or talent.
fine example is you can't get into Google even if you have EAD or GC.

FYI Phd and patents doesn't qualify you in eb1 there should be a job position that require phd and others at the company in that position also have phd.
Trust me I have top notch qualification but I don't have to beat my drum where I went to school and how many patents I have.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by katta View Post
I never said IV shouldn't lobbying for h4 folks.
My point is signing a petition or flocking on Facebook does very little at hill.
OP did not advise on Facebook. That is your (and immih1's) imagination. OP asked the status from IV core.
Quote:
h4 folks should coordinate with IV team to lobby. because h4 has ample amount of time on their hand they can do a lot than rest of h1 folks.
Your argument was "if h4 are "highly skilled" why dont they apply to h1b or get a MS/Phd. " By same logic , if H1 are "highly skilled" why don't they get a PhD and couple of patents ASAP.

Quote:
At the end of the day EAD or GC is not a silver bullet one's skill or talent.
fine example is you can't get into Google even if you have EAD or GC.
Not everyone works for Google , nor is everyone a Rocket Scientist. Do you work for NASA ? No. But are you valuable to the economy .. probably yes. Society need a variety of workforce right from janitor to Rocket Scientist. An H4 might be a very good Sales person Or a very good Office Clerk; both of which do not qualify for H1 (since it does not need a degree) .

Do you say all the GC aspirant coders are vital for Economy ?

Quote:

FYI Phd and patents doesn't qualify you in eb1 there should be a job position that require phd and others at the company in that position also have phd.
Trust me I have top notch qualification but I don't have to beat my drum where I went to school and how many patents I have.
You do not appear to know enough about EB1.

You should beat your drum . If you have enough patents, citations etc. you DO NOT need an employer. You can qualify for EB1-EA (Extraordinary Ability) based on your "top notch qualification" . The question is did you sweat enough to qualify for that ?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

EB1 has very high standards. I know this because I have deep knowledge in EB1 and did friendly guidance to few academics and scientist friends when they were dissatisfied with their lawyers. One of my friend went to MIT and his application was denied even though he had one of those big name lawyers people mention on forums. I have also seen level of difficulty has also increased with time in the last decade. My personal opinion is against the template approach used by lawyers for applications and it maybe a matter of time anti-immigrants find out and blow this. Having a Ph.D helps but does not mean EB1 approval. It is also not a requirement especially if you are claiming to be extraordinary in your field. It all depends on what kind of EB1 (a or b) you are seeking and what is your claim to 'stardom' in your area of expertise.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 01-22-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
EB1 has very high standards. I know this because I have deep knowledge in EB1 and did friendly guidance to few academics and scientist friends when they were dissatisfied with their lawyers. One of my friend went to MIT and his application was denied even though he had one of those big name lawyers people mention on forums. I have also seen level of difficulty has also increased with time in the last decade. My personal opinion is against the template approach used by lawyers for applications and it maybe a matter of time anti-immigrants find out and blow this. Having a Ph.D helps but does not mean EB1 approval. It is also not a requirement especially if you are claiming to be extraordinary in your field. It all depends on what kind of EB1 (a or b) you are seeking and what is your claim to 'stardom' in your area of expertise.
I agree EB1 has very high standard. You have to show that you missed Noble Prize by a whisk (or something like that ) .

But then, when people are advising all H4s can go to top univ , get MS and PhD and get a H1 if they sweat enough, it is only logical to think that all these advisors can qualify for EB1 if they sweat enough ... right ?

Old 01-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by looivy View Post
IV teams - Any updates on immigration? Thanks.
We have an advocacy day planned in March. Please register and come to Washington DC. More details on its thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ch-2014-a.html (IV Advocacy Event: 1st to 4th March, 2014)

We have regular conference calls for active volunteers to continue the work. To become a volunteer you need to first come to such events as above, and show sincerity to this effort by participating. The training is also very important to learn about IV, advocacy, politics and our strategy. Then we will include you in future plans and strategy work. Over time we have learned that to operate effectively we need a network of close knit and dedicated community that is willing to work selflessly. Forum can serve the purpose of announcements, helping each other with immigration questions, public action items. But for planning events, discussing strategy and volunteer work you need to move beyond anonymous profiles and pick from people who have shown commitment and can be leaders. By engaging too much on the forums, you risk spending valuable energy with people who come for entertainment or heckle or end up spending way too much time away from your own job and IV work. With our limited time and resources it is realistic to make limited investments of resources and personal time in advocacy work and forum work. This is a reason you probably see forums a little quiet. It has its disadvantages and advantages. It is people's effort and each one of us need to step up and become leaders. Contributions are also important and expected from each one of us on monthly basis. It goes without asking.

There maybe an email newsletter also sent out by a volunteer. Please make sure your email address in the profile is updated. Sometimes we also call people from specific states, cities, neighborhoods or employers for specific advocacy work. Please make sure your profile contact information is updated.

We look forward to meeting you in Washington DC in March.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 01-22-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OP did not advise on Facebook. That is your (and immih1's) imagination. OP asked the status from IV core.

Your argument was "if h4 are "highly skilled" why dont they apply to h1b or get a MS/Phd. " By same logic , if H1 are "highly skilled" why don't they get a PhD and couple of patents ASAP.

"highly skilled" l. Have you heard of sarcasm? because h1b is highly skilled or having advanced degree doesn't mean h4 is of same level.
being a spouse of h1b doesn't mean she/he should be given slack to get a job.
For that fact companies can't favor a person during hiring because they are spouse of someone so why h4 should be given slack let them get h1b like everyone else.

If h1b allows full time Phd lot them would do it. some h1b do part time Phd.
I said that because h4 are saying they have nothing to do rather than sitting at home. the best thing they can do for them is further their education and volunteer and be ready to jump into workforce and excel when their spouses get EAD.

Not everyone works for Google , nor is everyone a Rocket Scientist. Do you work for NASA ? No. But are you valuable to the economy .. probably yes. Society need a variety of workforce right from janitor to Rocket Scientist. An H4 might be a very good Sales person Or a very good Office Clerk; both of which do not qualify for H1 (since it does not need a degree) .

Do you say all the GC aspirant coders are vital for Economy ?

I said "Fine example" Have you ever heard of drawing an analogy from example? Google is an example of top company you need top talented people like coders, managers, sales, marketing etc to be a top company.
Every society needs from janitor to a president and I respect their contribution. We are talking about h1b and I bet janitors are not going to qualify for h1b. Everyone one on this earth is talented in their own way but we are talking about h1b and law. Law doesn't capture intangible things.

You do not appear to know enough about EB1.

You should beat your drum . If you have enough patents, citations etc. you DO NOT need an employer. You can qualify for EB1-EA (Extraordinary Ability) based on your "top notch qualification" . The question is did you sweat enough to qualify for that ?
You said phd+patents = qualification for eb1. that is not true read subcategories in EB1.
I'm giving you company in the backlog lol

Old 01-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
You said phd+patents = qualification for eb1. that is not true read subcategories in EB1.
I'm giving you company in the backlog lol
First I am not in backlog --- crossed that bridge sometime back ... are you heartbroken ?

Second, to qualify for EB1 -EA one need to satisfy 3 of 10 points and the bottomline is a "highly talented" person like you should sail through if you sweat enough . So this means you are not sweating enough . Go and do that rather than bashing H4.

Third, we are NOT discussing H1 . You forgot the topic. We are discussing H4 and a proposed change in law NOT the existing law. BTW, all of you are also asking for a change of Law -- albeit to benfit your cause of getting a GC not EAD for H4.

Fourth, "being a spouse of h1b doesn't mean she/he should be given slack to get a job." --- never. But do you think getting an EAD gets you a job automatically ? You still need to appear for interview and prove yourself. Again NOT ALL JOBS qualify for H1

Fifth , talented you -- please learn how to use the Quotes properly when replying a post ... not really a rocket science

Old 01-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hfourvisa has a spectacular aura about hfourvisa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
oneamongall1 you said "if you are so scared of your job, update yourself and be competent. I am more than 100% sure a competent person will find a job not only here in us but anywhere. "

it applies the same to you and h4s. Why do you want an easy route to work? H4s are not banned from applying for h1 visa. Try to get an h1 like everyone else.

I also raised the point of choosing between getting h4 rule approved and getting greencard. Problem with h4s is that they think too narrowly. The big problem is greencard backlog. If you get greencard, you will get work permit. So don't try and create a narrow group on facebook where some business will come and sympathize with you and make the most of you. All it is a group where each person will sympathise with other's sob stories and 'like' each other. In the end all you do is sign an online petition, write one or two posts or complain to your lawyer to save you because you are suffering. How ignorant is that? Get together and join hands with iv and get a law passed. You should not just be a onlooker and creating a profile today only to respond to me. You should be actively posting on your facebook group and getting h4s to support immigration voice if you really care about anything. This is what i said. But you whiners only see what you want to see and have no intention of doing anything constructive.
agree 100%

Old 01-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
oneamongall1 you said "If you are so scared of your job, update yourself and be competent. I am more than 100% sure a competent person will find a job not only here in US but anywhere. "

It applies the same to you and H4s. Why do you want an easy route to work? H4s are not banned from applying for H1 visa. Try to get an H1 like everyone else.

I also raised the point of choosing between getting H4 rule approved and getting greencard. Problem with H4s is that they think too narrowly. The big problem is greencard backlog. If you get greencard, you will get work permit. So don't try and create a narrow group on facebook where some business will come and sympathize with you and make the most of you. All it is a group where each person will sympathise with other's sob stories and 'like' each other. In the end all you do is sign an online petition, write one or two posts or complain to your lawyer to save you because you are suffering. How ignorant is that? Get together and join hands with IV and get a law passed. You should not just be a onlooker and creating a profile today only to respond to me. You should be actively posting on your facebook group and getting H4s to support Immigration voice if you really care about anything. This is what I said. But you whiners only see what you want to see and have no intention of doing anything constructive.
Agree with your point on H4. With such a high percent of unemployment and the high availability of US citizens for non-technology jobs, it will be a real bad idea to give EAD to H4s. My spouse can also benefit from EAD for H4s, but that is against the interest of the citizens of this country.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthampi View Post
Agree with your point on H4. With such a high percent of unemployment and the high availability of US citizens for non-technology jobs, it will be a real bad idea to give EAD to H4s. My spouse can also benefit from EAD for H4s, but that is against the interest of the citizens of this country.
The anti-immigrants argue it is against the interest of the citizens to give Green Card and H1 to most except for the best abd brightest working in cutting edge technology (definitely not the Java developer number 34675) . Do you agree with them ?

Old 01-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The anti-immigrants argue it is against the interest of the citizens to give Green Card and H1 to most except for the best abd brightest working in cutting edge technology (definitely not the Java developer number 34675) . Do you agree with them ?
What's wrong with knowing java? I think it is pretty tough to learn the myriad j2ee technologies, and those who b-itch against it (including me) are just losers who couldn't scale it. This deserves to be noted

Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
What's wrong with knowing java? I think it is pretty tough to learn the myriad j2ee technologies, and those who b-itch against it (including me) are just losers who couldn't scale it. This deserves to be noted
Nothing wrong with knowing Java . But it does not require any Extra Ordinary talent . Also , according to anti-immigrants , there is no dearth of Java programmers in US and it is a bad idea to give H1 and GC to programmers ... just the way some of the members think that it is a bad idea to give EAD to H4 .... just different view points

Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Nothing wrong with knowing Java . But it does not require any Extra Ordinary talent . Also , according to anti-immigrants , there is no dearth of Java programmers in US and it is a bad idea to give H1 and GC to programmers ... just the way some of the members think that it is a bad idea to give EAD to H4 .... just different view points
"But it does not require any Extra Ordinary talent" -- depends on what you are doing with java. If you are writing a java compiler then you need to very talented or in your words "Extra Ordinary talent" otherwise for simple loops you don't need much. I'm not saying every java developer is writing java compilers. May to develop in krishmunn flavor of java language/compiler/JVM developers don't have to know much. lol
Software systems are important as well otherwise things like healthcare.gov saga happens.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
"But it does not require any Extra Ordinary talent" -- depends on what you are doing with java. If you are writing a java compiler then you need to very talented or in your words "Extra Ordinary talent" otherwise for simple loops you don't need much. I'm not saying every java developer is writing java compilers. May to develop in krishmunn flavor of java language/compiler/JVM developers don't have to know much. lol
Software systems are important as well otherwise things like healthcare.gov saga happens.
So you are saying every "talented" H1 holder and GC aspirant (excluding me of course ) are writing Java compilers/working in google/develpoing new OS etc. Good --- I do not see a reason why so many GC aspirants are languishing in EB3 . Every single GC aspirant sure can go for at least EB2-NIW (again DO NOT need a job offer) like Trevor Linus .

You know , these Extra Talented H1 holders are F-A-R superior than useless H4s and are given red carpet welcome in this country

Old 01-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
So you are saying every "talented" H1 holder and GC aspirant (excluding me of course ) are writing Java compilers/working in google/develpoing new OS etc. Good --- I do not see a reason why so many GC aspirants are languishing in EB3 . Every single GC aspirant sure can go for at least EB2-NIW (again DO NOT need a job offer) like Trevor Linus .

You know , these Extra Talented H1 holders are F-A-R superior than useless H4s and are given red carpet welcome in this country

"excluding me of course" once you were aspiring as well it seems like you feel you are born here now
They are languishing in EB3 because they developing in krishmunn Java in thin air that doesn't need electronics and material engineers build hardware.

I don't know which category Linus Torvalds got his GC but he came to US to work for a company Transmeta.

Dude take it easy I was being sarcastic not hurting your feelings.
I respect that everyone has different views. .