Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any updates

IV teams - Any updates on immigration? Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute ikass has a reputation beyond repute
Default H-4 Spouse Employment Authorization Rule-making

Dear IV leaders,

As you may know this specific H4 rule has been published and delayed many times before. I believe this rule is currently published and is expected to be completed by end of JAN 2014. Is there anyway we can provide our feedback or push to get this rule active and completed in 2014? Many immigration lawyers indicate that if addressed properly, this rule can be completed by April or May of this year. So, I`m requesting IV leaders to provide any insights on this rule and if there is anything we can do to help to get more coverage on this rule and its completion?

Thank you.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cyrilg is on a distinguished road
Default H-4 Spouse Employment Authorization Rule-making

ikass,

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd been following it for a while now. Any insight or direction from the IV leadership will immensely help. The understanding is that USCIS will make a decision by end of Jan 2104. what are the thoughts of other IV members on this ?

Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bracelet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilg View Post
ikass,

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd been following it for a while now. Any insight or direction from the IV leadership will immensely help. The understanding is that USCIS will make a decision by end of Jan 2104. what are the thoughts of other IV members on this ?
House is going to release his immigration principles next week. It looks like they have already set High skill immigration principles.

I have got something from Oh Law firm.

Increase the employment-based green card quota beyond the current 140,000 a year limit, counting only principals toward the quota, eliminate the per country limit for employment-based immigrants and exempt from the annual limit foreign nationals with a master’s degree or higher from a U.S. university in a STEM field.

Increase the annual H-1B visa cap and expand current exemptions from the cap for highly skilled foreign nationals.

Establish a visa category for immigrant entrepreneurs.
Create a temporary visa category for agriculture that is far easier to use than the current H-2A category.

Establish a temporary work visa category that will allow full-year (as opposed to seasonal) work in the jobs typically held by unauthorized immigrants in fields like construction and hospitality.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikass View Post
Dear IV leaders,

As you may know this specific H4 rule has been published and delayed many times before. I believe this rule is currently published and is expected to be completed by end of JAN 2014. Is there anyway we can provide our feedback or push to get this rule active and completed in 2014? Many immigration lawyers indicate that if addressed properly, this rule can be completed by April or May of this year. So, I`m requesting IV leaders to provide any insights on this rule and if there is anything we can do to help to get more coverage on this rule and its completion?

Thank you.
Focus on getting greencard and not H4.
Only 1 or 2 is playing drums for it for like past few years and giving false hope. It only gets them followers and business. Its not going to pass.

You have a choice. Support IV and get a bill and get greencard or stay on H4 status forever with ability to work.

What will you choose?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilg View Post
ikass,

I keep writing to Kevin(kevin.j.cummings@uscis.dhs.gov) the person responsible for this rule.
There is a facebook group H4Visa which has close to 5k members. Join it.

IV must be doing something in the background. It would be great if we get any guidance from IV about this?

Old 01-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to bust your bubble….

Even if you send 5o emails a day you will NEVER get any reply. I do not know why people who come to this country from the boat for may years think that they will write email and government will listen and reply to them. If email is so good, why don’t you send it to your Manhoman singha and ask him to stop corruption and give you an update asap in an email reply. After all you are an NRI, send $$ to India and are best and the brightest of India. World will stop working if you do not write code for a day!

These 5K H4s you talk about are lazy, incompetent and whining dependents. All they do is whine and trouble their spouses for not being able to get a job. If they are bright, they should get an H1B job just like us. There is no ban on H4s to apply for H1. If they do not have qualifications, they should join a college and get a degree. Moreover when they applied for a H4 visa they knew they cannot work in USA. So why did they come? Or their spouse did not tell them?

There are hundreds of thousands of H1s in the country. Giving work permits to H4 dependent spouses and eligible children would flood the workforce by double or more. Imagine what it will do to the salaries, work culture and US citizens. As it is H4s have earned a bad name by faking resumes and getting tester or programmer jobs even through they are just B.A. English or B.Com. etc.

H4s are absent from any volunteering in Non profit. I am yet to see IV run by H4s. Even if these 5K H4 spend $10 each they will collect enough money to get help from IV lobbyists on the rule. But they will not do it and whine on Facebook and websites. It is their destiny.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Sorry to bust your bubble….

Even if you send 5o emails a day you will NEVER get any reply. I do not know why people who come to this country from the boat for may years think that they will write email and government will listen and reply to them. If email is so good, why don’t you send it to your Manhoman singha and ask him to stop corruption and give you an update asap in an email reply. After all you are an NRI, send $$ to India and are best and the brightest of India. World will stop working if you do not write code for a day!

These 5K H4s you talk about are lazy, incompetent and whining dependents. All they do is whine and trouble their spouses for not being able to get a job. If they are bright, they should get an H1B job just like us. There is no ban on H4s to apply for H1. If they do not have qualifications, they should join a college and get a degree. Moreover when they applied for a H4 visa they knew they cannot work in USA. So why did they come? Or their spouse did not tell them?

There are hundreds of thousands of H1s in the country. Giving work permits to H4 dependent spouses and eligible children would flood the workforce by double or more. Imagine what it will do to the salaries, work culture and US citizens. As it is H4s have earned a bad name by faking resumes and getting tester or programmer jobs even through they are just B.A. English or B.Com. etc.

H4s are absent from any volunteering in Non profit. I am yet to see IV run by H4s. Even if these 5K H4 spend $10 each they will collect enough money to get help from IV lobbyists on the rule. But they will not do it and whine on Facebook and websites. It is their destiny.
EAD for H4 is in IV's agenda. Thats why people come here with questions and contributions. Please dont publish your personal agenda here. There are better forums to bash H4s like try Numbers&&&.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post
EAD for H4 is in IV's agenda. Thats why people come here with questions and contributions. Please dont publish your personal agenda here. There are better forums to bash H4s like try Numbers&&&.
There are no free lunches in USA. One needs $$. So if you think by sending email, the law will be passed it is wrong.

Being on the agenda has no use if these H4s are not willing to come to IV, volunteer, contribute and actively participate in action items. If you look at the Facebook group, there is no mention of IV and posts motivating people to Join IV. Conversely I have seen some business taking advantage of these places by sympathizing with them and get more business through goodwill. Instead of sulking on Facebook they should be coming to IV first.

If they are not coming to IV it means they are lazy and whiners.

Getting greencard law passed is also on IV agenda for many years. Now tell me if it has passed? No. It is because people who want greencard did not come to rallies and lobby days. Only few people like to contribute. They would rather spend time debating on a tracking website and facebook group. If only one thousand people come for a rally it means only 1 thousand out of 1 million need greencard. If H4s are not participating in thousands on IV it means only handful H4s need work permit.

It is good you posted email address of the officer. You may now see many anti immigrants , greencard holders, EAD people and many H1B families opposing it by writing to the email ID.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
There are no free lunches in USA. One needs $$. So if you think by sending email, the law will be passed it is wrong.

Being on the agenda has no use if these H4s are not willing to come to IV, volunteer, contribute and actively participate in action items. If you look at the Facebook group, there is no mention of IV and posts motivating people to Join IV. Conversely I have seen some business taking advantage of these places by sympathizing with them and get more business through goodwill. Instead of sulking on Facebook they should be coming to IV first.

If they are not coming to IV it means they are lazy and whiners.

Getting greencard law passed is also on IV agenda for many years. Now tell me if it has passed? No. It is because people who want greencard did not come to rallies and lobby days. Only few people like to contribute. They would rather spend time debating on a tracking website and facebook group. If only one thousand people come for a rally it means only 1 thousand out of 1 million need greencard. If H4s are not participating in thousands on IV it means only handful H4s need work permit.

It is good you posted email address of the officer. You may now see many anti immigrants , greencard holders, EAD people and many H1B families opposing it by writing to the email ID.
If you truly want them to join you then stop attacking them calling fake resumes,...
Any time any one says EAD for H4 in IV then that person is attacked. If you want their contributions then attacking is not the right motivation.
I haven't seen an action items from IV for a long time. I would love to contribute to this effort EAD for H4 or CIR. I see the first one being more feasible than the latter and needs less effort. I will put my $ where there is more feasibility. I am pretty sure there are lot of people like me.

Anti immigrants already know those email addresses but the problem is immigrants doesn't know those email addresses

Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute

Mr or Mrs, imh1b
Whats going on? It seems that your H4 is not cooking for you!

Old 01-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post
If you truly want them to join you then stop attacking them calling fake resumes,...
Any time any one says EAD for H4 in IV then that person is attacked. If you want their contributions then attacking is not the right motivation.
I haven't seen an action items from IV for a long time. I would love to contribute to this effort EAD for H4 or CIR. I see the first one being more feasible than the latter and needs less effort. I will put my $ where there is more feasibility. I am pretty sure there are lot of people like me.

Anti immigrants already know those email addresses but the problem is immigrants doesn't know those email addresses
H4s did not come in large numbers, volunteer etc when there was lot of motivation and action items in the past. What makes you think they are a reformed lot now?

Why do you think H4 rule is simple than any other admin fix? Which official or has IV said that? How can flooding hundreds of thousands of new workforce in a weak economy be an easy fix?

Old 01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by looivy View Post

Every body knows about the issue of backlogs and long wait times.
But as the High skilled
Immigration community does not carry any political weight,so we are struck up

Old 01-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Someone from IV leadership...pl respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by looivy View Post
Can someone from IV leadership respond? This thread is turning into a shouting match. That is is a symptom of lack of periodic updates.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

To IV -- do you want people to join and flock to you? Then organize hangouts with the "important" people like Mayorkas etc. Put case studies of how IV helped people to speak to senators/uscis/etc and get results. If you need help organizing and presenting the facts on the website I volunteer for it. And stop writing any negative responses to people coming here looking for scraps of hope... if your hands are itching for action then there are many trolls here all the time using baiting questions to elicit naive responses... make their posts invisible or something