Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future gc_rip has a brilliant future
Default Donation

Unfortunately could not join in person this time. But here is a small donation for the cause.
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 7ST91225V57176746.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
Even though it may seem like nothing is going on, some things are going on in background. Those who are still waiting on the sideline, there is still time left to register for the event and doing something about our cause.

Boehner: 'Healthy' talk with Obama on immigration reform - Washington Times
What difference does it make? I will be at the advocacy event, but I am getting more and more frustrated by this LGBT thing. And this comes from a supporter of LGBT issue.

Started CNN just now, for introduction of subjects he will cover today, Anderson Cooper spends 8 seconds on Russia invading Ukraine, but over 40 seconds on Jason Collins playing NBA game.

How is sexual orientation of NBA player more important than dangerously escalating situation between States with nuclear weapons? Why do anyone has to see or know what NBA player does in bed behind the close doors in private? Why is this news? And why is exploitation of 700,000 Indians not news?

Until now I was supporter of LGBT issue. I am starting to be pissed by the amount of attention given to this non-issue. If this trend continues I will start opposing LGBT issue starting posting messages on the website of every Member of Congress and Senator.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
What difference does it make? I will be at the advocacy event, but I am getting more and more frustrated by this LGBT thing. And this comes from a supporter of LGBT issue.

Started CNN just now, for introduction of subjects he will cover today, Anderson Cooper spends 8 seconds on Russia invading Ukraine, but over 40 seconds on Jason Collins playing NBA game.

How is sexual orientation of NBA player more important than dangerously escalating situation between States with nuclear weapons? Why do anyone has to see or know what NBA player does in bed behind the close doors in private? Why is this news? And why is exploitation of 700,000 Indians not news?

Until now I was supporter of LGBT issue. I am starting to be pissed by the amount of attention given to this non-issue. If this trend continues I will start opposing LGBT issue starting posting messages on the website of every Member of Congress and Senator.
We should only pick fights which we can win and which are beneficial to us. This may sound like selfish thing but that's what this world is about. It is not about what is fair. It is about who has more power/influence. The only reason that immigration reform is talked about is because of 11m undocumented people. Is it fair to us ? Definitely not. Is our cause held hostage to other reasons like undocumented which has nothing to do with us? Sure. But those questions do not mean anything because that's what current reality is and that's how it is going to be. When we can not change that reality, we should try to do best under given circumstances.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

if somehow we can add our issue with LGBT, we will have better chance.

just a suggetion.

jet

Old 03-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
metroparknj is a splendid one to behold metroparknj is a splendid one to behold metroparknj is a splendid one to behold metroparknj is a splendid one to behold metroparknj is a splendid one to behold metroparknj is a splendid one to behold metroparknj is a splendid one to behold
Default Donation

Could not make it this time, but here's a small contribution.
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 8FF79443HX8405435

Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advocacy Event 2014

Pappu and IV Admins,
I appreciate if you can share some of the outcomes of Advocacy event last week in DC. I am eager to know if there is anything going to happen that would change our lives !!!

Please,
thank you.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pritesh80 is on a distinguished road

Can you please update us on the outcome of the advocacy event?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritesh80 View Post
Can you please update us on the outcome of the advocacy event?
Members of Congress told me that pritesh80 will get green card in 2023. This is the outcome of advocacy event.

No one can provide you advocacy event updates over open internet. You have to experience it if you want to know. Why don't you come over next time. I will buy beer.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Members of Congress told me that pritesh80 will get green card in 2023. This is the outcome of advocacy event.

No one can provide you advocacy event updates over open internet. You have to experience it if you want to know. Why don't you come over next time. I will buy beer.
I do my bit of calling senators whenever I can....and this is no way to convince anyone to come anyway....is this how this forum runs or are you just one bad apple? just because you contribute a few bucks and went for a few events does not make you a superstar of this cause...so why don't you get off your high horse and actually go out and buy yourself a beer

Old 03-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritesh80 View Post
I do my bit of calling senators whenever I can....and this is no way to convince anyone to come anyway....is this how this forum runs or are you just one bad apple? just because you contribute a few bucks and went for a few events does not make you a superstar of this cause...so why don't you get off your high horse and actually go out and buy yourself a beer
No one is convince you to do anything. You can go %^&* yourself for all I care. For the record, you are not doing me a favor by calling senators. I don't give a damn for what you do or who you are. I am the good apple around here because I actually do what I say. Yes, traveling 1000 miles away from home & spending over $1000 of my money does make me a superstar and I am proud of it. You can try taunting me when you do more than just presenting to do "your bit", which is nothing. On Friday evening, I am already drinking beer and having a good time after a long week of work and advocacy event. Too bad you will never know what happened at the event.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

And for the record, Members of Congress did say that pritesh80 will get green card in 2023

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And for the record, Members of Congress did say that pritesh80 will get green card in 2023
from LGBT quota with you?

Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
No one is convince you to do anything. You can go %^&* yourself for all I care. For the record, you are not doing me a favor by calling senators. I don't give a damn for what you do or who you are. I am the good apple around here because I actually do what I say. Yes, traveling 1000 miles away from home & spending over $1000 of my money does make me a superstar and I am proud of it. You can try taunting me when you do more than just presenting to do "your bit", which is nothing. On Friday evening, I am already drinking beer and having a good time after a long week of work and advocacy event. Too bad you will never know what happened at the event.
Oh man....I am so sad I won't know the "secret" of the advocacy event.
With i***ts like you going to DC, I can understand why our cause is not moving anywhere. Maybe you should become the real 'supertar' of this cause by NOT going to DC. Please do all of us a favor.

For everyone else who went to DC, I appreciate a lot what you guys do. Please don't sit on high a horse like Mr. GreyHair here. This is a very big deal for a lot of us waiting for our GC's and we need good and humble leaders to represent us.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetflyer View Post
from LGBT quota with you?
This date is after applying LGBT reserved quota specially for pritesh80

Old 03-08-2014, 06:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2