Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
Forget for a moment about these administrative fixes for backlogs.
Wastage of Visas--This does not need any fix or new legislative law. Just implement existing rules.Why IV is keeping quite when existing rule is not implementing properly by DHS/DOS.
Why IV not paying attention about wastage of EB3 visas while DallaBlue and others crying for some collective action on this. We must collectively stop wastage of EB visas.
Need some guidance from IV gurus how to proceed on this.
What do you mean by collective. It's a good word to say. But in reality no one is actually willing to do anything. We all want to write and ask someone else to do it. We can only write because it is free and is hardly any effort. So yes I also think we should collectively put pressure and do something. I think we should vote and figure out what one thing we wil collectively work on. Then figure out how we can collectively work on It so that there is no money involved and we can simply sign a petition and send it.

Can someone become the election commissioner and take a vote on all ideas and find one idea we can collectively work on through a petition we can all sign?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Romeo is on a distinguished road
Default Administrative fixes

After years of lobbying and advocacy events those efforts are finally getting paid off however small it may be. At least recognition by administration for h4 spouses ordeals is a big achievement. Infighting and finger pointing will lead us nowhere.I whole heartedly appreciate the group that met the WH officials and their efforts that lead us at least to begin this journey. I am sure you will find dime a dozen who are armchair critics and just try to argue with everything with those who actually do.I wonder how many people of us sincerely believe that posting on boards and creating petition will help to pass a rule. Initially it may help to draw attention but with out follow up efforts and lobbying it's not going to go anywhere.There is no magic wand that's going to vanish our problems overnight.My request to IV if is lay out the proposals for administrative fixes and the budget required for follow up efforts that experts think can be achievable.Seek a poll on it and raise the funds and be transparent about it.May be IV did all this before and don't have interest to start fresh but that's how you lead. I am not from IT and relatively a newcomer on board and don't have much experience how this works. I made one small time donation during HR 3012 lobby and disappointed with how it didn't fruitify. People posting on the board should realize that your success is groups success and that's how everybody benefits. Please stop bickering about EB1/2/3 quotas and unite for the common good of every one.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indianguy220 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
There are so many opinions in online forums across the internet that its not worth the time to respond to the wackos. The reason being, there is no end to these opinions. But I cannot help but respond to this EB2 v/s EB3 ghost.
Please do not assume from a few who whine about everything. I thank you very much and I am sure there are a lot like me who feel the same but are just silent readers who wanted the work permits for their H4 spouses then anything else.

Green card is good, but work permit for H4 is what I really really wanted which will have a huge impact on my personal life and my wifes professional carrier. Thank you again!! I hope this gets through.

The public inspection details
https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...endent-spouses

Old 05-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to bring this to IV's notice on how we (may not be all EB3-I) feel.

On the other note please don't blame others without know the fact. I have participated 2010 DC advocacy event for 3 days. Additionally I have donated few hundred bucks over last few years. It might be very small compared to IV donors but still I think I did more than 90 percent of IV members with ZERO activity.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Suva dude you are fanning conspiracy theories only. You have some motive. Why did you send a private message and not post for everyone?

You think a senior member on a website is more credible than a junior member and you use it as evidence. Do you know a senior member is one that has made more posts. So this person could have just posted random things. It does not mean he is someone knowledgable. You should have at least known that since you are an IV member for many years. But how would you know that? You have never been part of any IV activity other than spending time on conspiracy theories and blaming everyone else around you because you do not have a greencard yet.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
Forget for a moment about these administrative fixes for backlogs.
Wastage of Visas--This does not need any fix or new legislative law. Just implement existing rules.Why IV is keeping quite when existing rule is not implementing properly by DHS/DOS.
Why IV not paying attention about wastage of EB3 visas while DallaBlue and others crying for some collective action on this. We must collectively stop wastage of EB visas.
Need some guidance from IV gurus how to proceed on this.
Always a good idea not to waste visas. But how did you conclude that we are already not working on this. In this one post you suggested that the this is an issue, then you implied that you are one of the few who cares for this issue, then you said IV is quite on visa wastage and IV is not doing anything. And to top it all, you are angry with something.

Look, try to bring back sanity to the discussion. Try not to live in an echo chamber where the only voice you hear is your own. To make echo chamber to work, you have to block every information that could reach you from outside. And only you can prevent outside information from reaching you. Its your choice. And if you have chosen the block information or tools accessible to you, and if you have chosen to listen to yourself, then obviously you will reach the conclusion that "IV not paying attention about wastage of EB3 visas". Which is fine if that is what makes you happy. But if you choose to get engaged and actively participate rather than venting on online forums, you will find out ways to get engaged to participate constructively. Its not rocket science.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
After years of lobbying and advocacy events those efforts are finally getting paid off however small it may be. At least recognition by administration for h4 spouses ordeals is a big achievement. Infighting and finger pointing will lead us nowhere.I whole heartedly appreciate the group that met the WH officials and their efforts that lead us at least to begin this journey. I am sure you will find dime a dozen who are armchair critics and just try to argue with everything with those who actually do.I wonder how many people of us sincerely believe that posting on boards and creating petition will help to pass a rule. Initially it may help to draw attention but with out follow up efforts and lobbying it's not going to go anywhere.There is no magic wand that's going to vanish our problems overnight.My request to IV if is lay out the proposals for administrative fixes and the budget required for follow up efforts that experts think can be achievable.Seek a poll on it and raise the funds and be transparent about it.May be IV did all this before and don't have interest to start fresh but that's how you lead. I am not from IT and relatively a newcomer on board and don't have much experience how this works. I made one small time donation during HR 3012 lobby and disappointed with how it didn't fruitify. People posting on the board should realize that your success is groups success and that's how everybody benefits. Please stop bickering about EB1/2/3 quotas and unite for the common good of every one.
IT projects work with specific timeline, man-hours and budget. And you will expect results when timeline is complete, man-hours exhausted and budget spent. Lobbying doesn't work like IT Project because there is large uncontrollable variable called politics.

I attended lobbying days event in Washington for 3 days 2 months back. There was a lot of snow in Washington. But IV explained why it is risky to post everything online which can sound odd for Facebook generation that is posting online picture when taking a bath or eating neighbor's cat. IV explained that the effort of HR3012 did not fail. The Senate immigration bill in 2013 or House immigration bill, both bills have provision to remove country limits in EB. In March I attended 14 meetings in the House of Representatives. In all the meetings everyone acknowledge awareness for removing country limits and agreed. Ashwin explained at the training that this is all a process and not an event. HR3012 was an event but effort to remove country limits. But this process has been underway since 2006. HR3012 was one (major) step to create awareness before the actual fix can happen. I was also disappointed when the bill did not pass in the Senate in 2012. But it made sense when Ashwin explained how the process works.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Romeo is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you for clarification

Undoubtedly this legislation needs some heavy lifting . While 4/10 are doing the legwork and volunteering their time rest of us are watching from sidelines. Together we can be successful but how can we unite everybody for the common cause and move forward. All of us have the Innate curiosity to know what's going on and keep coming to boards for updates.How about this group start a paid membership drive that whoever on a monthly basis contributes are going to get monthly newsletter with updates?I can't think of people subscribing to paid membership just to spit venom or ruin the cause?May be I am being naeve I am not sure.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice
Default Thanks IV

You guys are awesome. I know people ask for more. But these things take time and patience and also to be on top of the issue always.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AcuraTSX is on a distinguished road

Too bad.. one thing is certain…. All these breed class warfare among the so called educated, skilled workforce. EB1 does not care about EB2, EB2 does not care about EB3 and so on….
Fortunately, the undocumented have no such segregation. No wonder they are out in full force highlighting their issues.
I'm sure the undocumented will prevail in their fight to freedom, while the educated and skilled can just wait, wait and wait....................

Old 05-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ablor is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know what the second proposed provision means? Especially the last paragraph about changes in evidentiary criteria for EB1. I can't seem to find any details about this or a comment page similar to the first proposal on regulations dot gov.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
There are so many opinions in online forums across the internet that its not worth the time to respond to the wackos. The reason being, there is no end to these opinions. But I cannot help but respond to this EB2 v/s EB3 ghost.

There is a difference between tragedy and conspiracy. Wait times in EB3 category is a tragedy. But some seem to imply that EB3 wait times is a conspiracy. Not only that, rather some seem to imply that its IV's conspiracy. If you know how things work on the ground, you would not formulate these opinions which are out of lack of knowledge, instead of first had experience of how things really work on the ground.

While some folks read forums to formulate their opinion, there is a real work that happens out of these forums. If you ever attended a lobby day, you would have known that we have advocated for fixes that help all categories in the same way. So you cannot be further from truth when you or anyone try to even remotely imply that IV only supports EB2. You are seeing ghosts when you imply that there is a conspiracy underway or somehow IV wants to hurt EB3. And when you see ghosts around you, there is nothing that one can do to remedy your thinking.

When working on Administrative and Legislative fixes we do not distinguish between EB1/2/3. While some people see the world through the prism of monthly visa bulletin, IV has never considered this dichotomy of EB/1/2/3 when advocating fixes. IV has always advocated for legislative and administrative fixes that will help all categories equally and fairly. And although we do not have time or the inclination to respond to outrageous theories, you can go around seeing ghosts for as long as you want.
With all respect, my post was in response to Pappu's, who said that people were not with IV for GC reform and they were asking for H4 EAD. My opinion/logic was just about the utility of H4's given EAD's, that too after i140 approval. How many of such people exist -- only the people with PD's maximum 2008. And such old PD's will mean that the spouse has not worked a number of years and they will be hard pressed to go back to what their big degrees will qualify them for. Therefore the grocery bag remark.
No ghosts, sir. Just logic.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
With all respect, my post was in response to Pappu's, who said that people were not with IV for GC reform and they were asking for H4 EAD. My opinion/logic was just about the utility of H4's given EAD's, that too after i140 approval. How many of such people exist -- only the people with PD's maximum 2008. And such old PD's will mean that the spouse has not worked a number of years and they will be hard pressed to go back to what their big degrees will qualify them for. Therefore the grocery bag remark.
No ghosts, sir. Just logic.
edit: "that too after i140 approval" AND H1b beyond 6 years. As they say, "thoo"

Old 05-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold
Default H4 ead

I was wondering how easily H4 EAD proposal came into limelight dodging every other proposals like EB2/EB3 visas, STEM etc. Is this initiative from IV or some other organizations? The reason I am asking, why can not we move the other proposals in the same way as H4 EAD Proposal? For some reason I feel like If we fought hard on something, it might will not be considered. But the ones which we did fight for or fought little, gets approved very easily. Interesting..

Old 05-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute

"Employment Authorization for Certain H4 Dependent Spouses" is open for comment, but there is no discussion in this thread.

Please put your comments.

Regulations.gov

Old 05-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksvreg View Post
I was wondering how easily H4 EAD proposal came into limelight dodging every other proposals like EB2/EB3 visas, STEM etc. Is this initiative from IV or some other organizations? The reason I am asking, why can not we move the other proposals in the same way as H4 EAD Proposal? For some reason I feel like If we fought hard on something, it might will not be considered. But the ones which we did fight for or fought little, gets approved very easily. Interesting..
I wonder about the same thing. Much more important things have been totally ignored and this get priority ? There were other low hanging fruits too.