Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indianguy220 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Thanks for sharing the article and bumping the thread. Much of the work happens in the real world, out of the forums or online discussions. Yes, we believe that President knows the difference and things are getting into crunch time. You will see many different articles and opinions as time progress, so hand-in tight before it all unfolds.
Admin, do you still think H4 EAD would happen or is it now dependent on EO. I always thought that H4 EAD is taking its own course as part of rule making process and now I see a lot of people saying it would be part of EO etc.

There are a lot like me whose life tremendously improves with such changes(H4 EAD) in the short term while we realize the bigger changes will take time to make.

Thanks for all the effort behind the scenes.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute

IV Team -- Thanks for all your efforts. I have tried to play my part by donating periodically to IV so that you guys can continue your advocacy efforts.

From your website the paypal donation was not working. I had to send a check via mail.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites...0President.pdf

Could this doom EO for legal immigration just like HR 3012 ?

Old 10-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of

Exclusive: Obama Administration Quietly Prepares 'Surge' Of Millions Of New Immigrant IDs

Does this mean everything for illegal immigrants and nothing for legally?? Millions of illegals and only 140,000 legals?? That too not sure??

Old 10-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light
Default Media Report

These are just media report, most probably exaggerated by GOP.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream26 View Post
Exclusive: Obama Administration Quietly Prepares 'Surge' Of Millions Of New Immigrant IDs

Does this mean everything for illegal immigrants and nothing for legally?? Millions of illegals and only 140,000 legals?? That too not sure??
Legals are getting what they most want. You see almost 50% legals (all spouses) want H4s able to get work permit. They are getting it. The remaining people are divided between countries. All countries except India do not have a long wait time. So that leaves us with a smaller percentage of people. In that small minority of non dependent Indians, many are porting to EB2 and are mostly happy. Almost all EB2 want a non existant EB1C fraud stopped. They spend all their energies on posting about it or watching visa bulletins. So they really do not want anything from President except EB1C fraud stopping and ban on porting.

That finally leaves a very tiny minority of EB3 non-dependent Indians that cannot port. Their energies are spent in trying to find some porting option or accepting their fate. They are mostly burned out waiting and will not do anything.

You will say every year new people come or want to come as students, dependents, tourists wanting H1B, H4 wanting H1B, students wanting H1B, J1 wanting H1B etc. This is a big majority and they all want H1B. For them President is already working on increasing the H1B quota and ending lottery system so that everyone can get H1B.

This is a win win for all legal immigrants because every legal group kind of gets something. From economy perspective, more H1B is more good for economy than greencards. Imagine if companies can employ bright talented professionals at a reduced rate for more number of hours. They will also not leave the job. This is great for the economy. It is also great for lawyers who will get more clients to file H1B every year and renewals.

It is hard to please everyone but by and large all legal people should rejoice at the upcoming reforms. They are getting a lot more than they worked for.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Legals are getting what they most want. You see almost 50% legals (all spouses) want H4s able to get work permit. They are getting it. The remaining people are divided between countries. All countries except India do not have a long wait time. So that leaves us with a smaller percentage of people. In that small minority of non dependent Indians, many are porting to EB2 and are mostly happy. Almost all EB2 want a non existant EB1C fraud stopped.
Nice points..... But say for example someone from EB3 gets out of status and becomes illegal, he/she can instantaneously get GC. Which is far far better than getting GC thru the regular process.

Here we are talking about 4 million illegals getting GC. Removing dependents from counting for eb categories is a awesome step, no doubt. But still any person with priority date anytime in 2014 or 2013 can't expect to be current within couple of months of this news. But illegals being so huge still can expect it.

Seniors can correct me if wrong. At the end of the day we are not denying that legals are not getting what they want. But the speed of getting will still be slower than illegals. In other words be illegal u will definitely be rewarded.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice points..... But say for example someone from EB3 gets out of status and becomes illegal, he/she can instantaneously get GC. Which is far far better than getting GC thru the regular process.
This is a misconception. if that is true what is stopping all legals to throw their passport away and join the line to get greencard. Undocumented are merely getting a document that allows them to work and get in the system. Compare it with EAD that even all legals are also getting. If someone thinks undocumented are getting a better deal there is noone stopping them to join the undocumented line today.

Quote:
Here we are talking about 4 million illegals getting GC. Removing dependents from counting for eb categories is a awesome step, no doubt. But still any person with priority date anytime in 2014 or 2013 can't expect to be current within couple of months of this news. But illegals being so huge still can expect it.
Undocumented are not getting immediate greencard. It is going to be a long process for them. But again if any legal thinks they are better off joining undocumented, there is no reason to stop them join the other line. In fact if reform is for undocumented you should expect every legal to join the undocumented line. But this is not going to happen. Because what you said is a good point in a post but in reality we all know the benefit of staying legal is far more than becoming undocumented. Try living a life of undocumented for a day. It is life of fear and uncertainty. Even if they get EAD life will be hard for them. The line for 14 million to get greencard is going to be very long.

Quote:
Seniors can correct me if wrong. At the end of the day we are not denying that legals are not getting what they want. But the speed of getting will still be slower than illegals. In other words be illegal u will definitely be rewarded.
You are mistaken. But let me clear it further. There is actually no difference between legal and illegal from a capitalist standpoint. The difference exist only in the mind of legals and this word is thrown by decision makers and corporates only to further their interests. In actuality both categories are just 'workers' at the end of the day. If agriculture industry is in desperate need for workers, they will not hire H1B computer programmers to work on fields. They will get agriculture undocumented workers asap and get greencards from government asap. This is a much higher level of policy planning that most legals do not understand because they are either so busy with their job, still trying to understand the country and not assimilated yet.... or simply watching their foreign country channels and news despite wanting to get a greencard in this country. There is a bigger capitalist culture at play and laws are made based on that.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
This is a misconception. if that is true what is stopping all legals to throw their passport away and join the line to get greencard.
Thanks a lot for your valuable time in writing 2 long posts and it helps understanding a lot more. You are right we IT folks have a tough time understanding the bigger picture and only look behind selfish motives. But in short your explanation and well written post makes my mind clear that watever we are getting is better than we expect and its still better than getting nothing.

Once again awesome replies from you and THANKS ONCE AGAIN for your time!!!

Old 10-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your valuable time in writing 2 long posts and it helps understanding a lot more. You are right we IT folks have a tough time understanding the bigger picture and only look behind selfish motives. But in short your explanation and well written post makes my mind clear that watever we are getting is better than we expect and its still better than getting nothing.

Once again awesome replies from you and THANKS ONCE AGAIN for your time!!!
Thank you for your appreciation and understanding my points.

Taking the post further I feel most of us do not really know whom we should blame for the long wait time of greencard. Some of us blame government, some blame lawyers, some companies , some people blame laws, some people other ethinic group for coming in huge number and some narrow minded even talk about blaming visa carryover rule change, some blame some organization etc. While I agree there are big sharks out there like companies that take advantage, lawyers that file slow for employers so that employee stays longer, websites that see a threat if their traffic gets greencard and thus will not be able to make money from advertising when people track cases, businesses that own such websites to sell their products that are fishy and so on.

People fail to understand the real reason for their sorrow and how they can overcome it. IN a capitalist economy where everything is driven by business interest, and democracy allows legal ways of lobbying, lobbying is the only way for us. We do not own multi million industries. But we can certainly have an organization , pool lot of money and spend on lobbying. This is one and only one option left for us. For that we will need constant flow of money because lobbying takes time to show results. Fortunately there is immigrationvoice.org to do that but legal immigrants are not woken up yet to this side of American democracy.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Thank you for your appreciation and understanding my points.

Taking the post further I feel most of us do not really know whom we should blame for the long wait time of greencard.
Sure. But do you know when is Obama releasing all the details? We do know it will be between 4th November to christmas BUT any more specific than these?
Has the press, AILA, immigrationvoice.ord invited for a event. Dont laugh if my question is funny.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Sure. But do you know when is Obama releasing all the details? We do know it will be between 4th November to christmas BUT any more specific than these?
Has the press, AILA, immigrationvoice.ord invited for a event. Dont laugh if my question is funny.
Your information on timing is correct as per media news.
I am sure as always Press. Immigrationvoice.org will be invited for the event. Not sure if lawyers are that powerful enough. They do not represent immigrants. And companies are represented by companies themselves in lobbying. Lawyers only represent themselves and there interest lies in more backlog and more people getting documented to increase business. I fail to understand why many of us think lawyers are some powerful lobby. Maybe there is lot of facade being created on internet and people cannot see through it. But I know from friends who are active with Immigration voice that government has regular meetings with the organization to discuss. So we should be happy that there is someone representing our interest. The problem is we are not not strong in resources. We should have been doing political dinners and election campaigns to get more close to US politics.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Your information on timing is correct as per media news.
I am sure as always Press. Immigrationvoice.org will be invited for the event. Not sure if lawyers are that powerful enough.
Thanks for sharing whatever you know. :-)
If whatever expected for backlogs is delivered by Obama than what do we think about the backlogs being current in 2015, 2016 or take longer than that for all EB categories? OR do you think everything would be current for a month and they would close all lines after that? repeat of 2007?

Excuse me for the above question, I am not very good at all this but always see people doing huge calcs which makes next to zero sense to me. I am not the best as you alll......

Old 10-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Thanks for sharing whatever you know. :-)
If whatever expected for backlogs is delivered by Obama than what do we think about the backlogs being current in 2015, 2016 or take longer than that for all EB categories? OR do you think everything would be current for a month and they would close all lines after that? repeat of 2007?

Excuse me for the above question, I am not very good at all this but always see people doing huge calcs which makes next to zero sense to me. I am not the best as you alll......
I think you are asking the same question someone asked after a Ramayan story was narrated. He wanted to know who Sita was.

All my posts above pointed to how meaningless the huge calculations people do. It takes away oxygen from the real solution to the problem and that is lobbying. The data available is not accurate. Approvals are not FIFO but still people track the person who signed their UPS application package. When you see those threads you begin to think if you are part of a category of people who call themselves best and the brightest.

The point I am making for you is it does not matter if backlog clears in 2015 or 2015 or never. EO is not made for that. People are thinking that someone signs petition or publishes a story in media and backlog will clear. It is not so. There is zero interest in clearing or creating a backlog for the powers that be. So trying to figure out if 'my' application will clear in Nov 2015 or May 2016 is moot and a waste of time. The reason is at a policy level what matters is what helps economy. What helps economy is what corporates ask. It means what the top firms want. Can you tell me if you have read them discussing clearing backlog 2015, 2016 or take longer or repeat of 2007? if you have not heard then it will not happen.

Coming back to people who calculate. If you read this post and last couple of posts again you will know they are not your heroes but the dumbest people of best and brightest group. Amen.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

If you dig deeper you will see that what is see is not what you get. The real legal immigration issue is lack of available H1B numbers per year. Greencard backlog is NOT an issue. There is no study done on how increasing greencard will boost economy but there are many studies on how increasing H1B will boost economy. These studies are not done just morning. Someone saw a good reason in the idea and funded them. Greencard backlog or for that matter H4 issue is also not a human right issue that many spouses have misconception.

H4 EAD is being given for the reason that more workers will be brought to labor market who can work for less money and still be temporary. This temporary status will make them work hard to keep their status. The irony is that many spouses think 'H4 is a curse' and they want EAD. They will delete your post if you talk to them to ask for Greencard that is complete freedom or join Immigration voice. The level of intelligence is missing because most immigrants only mix in their native crowd and talk abut issues of their native country instead of being involved in US politics.

So what you will get is what increases number of workers. Best and the brightest already come through EB1 visa. EB2 and EB3 visas are mostly for 'workers'. Some exceptions are doctors or Research scientists who could not get EB1. But by and large EB2 and EB3 are 'workers; and they are needed in large numbers and temporary.

This is why I said temporary workers are getting the best deal they deserve and should rejoice. There is no other chance in the coming years for them to get anything by doing nothing.