Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 38
2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
If you dig deeper you will see that what is see is not what you get. The real legal immigration issue is lack of available H1B numbers per year. Greencard backlog is NOT an issue. There is no study done on how increasing greencard will boost economy but there are many studies on how increasing H1B will boost economy. These studies are not done just morning. Someone saw a good reason in the idea and funded them. Greencard backlog or for that matter H4 issue is also not a human right issue that many spouses have misconception.

H4 EAD is being given for the reason that more workers will be brought to labor market who can work for less money and still be temporary. This temporary status will make them work hard to keep their status. The irony is that many spouses think 'H4 is a curse' and they want EAD. They will delete your post if you talk to them to ask for Greencard that is complete freedom or join Immigration voice. The level of intelligence is missing because most immigrants only mix in their native crowd and talk abut issues of their native country instead of being involved in US politics.

So what you will get is what increases number of workers. Best and the brightest already come through EB1 visa. EB2 and EB3 visas are mostly for 'workers'. Some exceptions are doctors or Research scientists who could not get EB1. But by and large EB2 and EB3 are 'workers; and they are needed in large numbers and temporary.

This is why I said temporary workers are getting the best deal they deserve and should rejoice. There is no other chance in the coming years for them to get anything by doing nothing.
I love this post. I falls under the unfortunate 'worker category'. I really hope that EO( if it happens) will include provision to file EAD upon 140 approval. I am not that fan of EAD for H4..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #152 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 870
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008candid View Post
I love this post. I falls under the unfortunate 'worker category'. I really hope that EO( if it happens) will include provision to file EAD upon 140 approval. I am not that fan of EAD for H4..
Thank you for reading my last few posts. I tried to explain.

I think your expectation of EAD after I140 is flawed. If you read my posts you will know why EAD after 140 has not happened in so many years.

To understand the reason, ask yourself how giving EAD after I140 will help large US corporates. It does not really matter if you and me are for or against EAD aupon I140 or EAD for H4.

But if Immigrationvoice.org can make a strong case for us, then we can surely expect this miracle to happen.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #153 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 38
2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Posting just to keep this thread active and hope alive.
An another forum is so active with high hopes, just wondering if IV has any insight of EO?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #154 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 75
greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008candid View Post
Posting just to keep this thread active and hope alive.
An another forum is so active with high hopes, just wondering if IV has any insight of EO?
Which forum? Link?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #155 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 641
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008candid View Post
Posting just to keep this thread active and hope alive.
An another forum is so active with high hopes, just wondering if IV has any insight of EO?
I have been to so many forums and must say that the inside information I get on Immigrationvoice can never be found on any other site. But here updates are only given sparingly and you have to look at website and also immigrationvoice facebook page for information. You will mostly find rumors and speculations elsewhere. Nobody has the kind of access that Immigrationvoice has. Being active with high hopes that have no basis or inside information has no meaning for me. My time is limited for gossip. It only helps their business so that more people can come to their for-profit websites.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #156 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2014, 02:30 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 433
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default

A must read for everyone here. Excellent article on the subject at hand

https://beta.cironline.org/reports/j...workers-in-us/
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #157 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 870
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
A must read for everyone here. Excellent article on the subject at hand

https://beta.cironline.org/reports/j...workers-in-us/

Firstly thank you for posting it.

Secondly I really wonder why nobody on this forum and even on other websites are not discussing this. For them calculating the next bulletin is more important or maybe they are also part of this fraud. They come to this country but hook or crook and cry fowl when they get a better option. So a part of me says I guess its good, if these fraud immigrants are badly treated. But I know its a bad thing to say. Fraud is a disease in H1B, EAD, H4, L1 community and it is high time it is cured. It is more important than getting greencard or H4 ability to work. If the system is clean, there will no backlog and even genuine qualified H4 will get H1B visas. Currently most H4s are just waiting to get work permit so that they can join these fraud consulting firms. And those who are not IT based can fake resume and can even get a tester role.

"But a loophole inserted amid heavy industry lobbying allowed companies to sue the departing workers for financial damages.

TechServe Alliance, the lobbying organization that represents technology labor brokers, took credit on its website for blocking “the most onerous proposals” in the 1998 bill, saving employers from “burdensome new regulations.”

By allowing labor brokers to recoup costs incurred when workers quit, the law enabled them to disguise illegal penalties, critics say." Is an important info. These guys are no big, but could put in resources and also have a PAC. PAC gives them more leg room to lobby. If you look at their events they are active at chapter level too. One would think that if these slimy guys could do this how come our folks are not united and active against this disease before and even after getting green cards. It seems like a just cause to rid the program of bad apples that bring disrepute to the whole system.

Why is nobody talking about it? Why is other media houses quiet about it? Why are big companies like Google, Microsoft, Apple not talking about it? I do not know really.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #158 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2014, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 144
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Firstly thank you for posting it.

Secondly I really wonder why nobody on this forum and even on other websites are not discussing this. For them calculating the next bulletin is more important or maybe they are also part of this fraud. They come to this country but hook or crook and cry fowl when they get a better option. So a part of me says I guess its good, if these fraud immigrants are badly treated. But I know its a bad thing to say. Fraud is a disease in H1B, EAD, H4, L1 community and it is high time it is cured. It is more important than getting greencard or H4 ability to work. If the system is clean, there will no backlog and even genuine qualified H4 will get H1B visas. Currently most H4s are just waiting to get work permit so that they can join these fraud consulting firms. And those who are not IT based can fake resume and can even get a tester role.

"But a loophole inserted amid heavy industry lobbying allowed companies to sue the departing workers for financial damages.

TechServe Alliance, the lobbying organization that represents technology labor brokers, took credit on its website for blocking “the most onerous proposals” in the 1998 bill, saving employers from “burdensome new regulations.”

By allowing labor brokers to recoup costs incurred when workers quit, the law enabled them to disguise illegal penalties, critics say." Is an important info. These guys are no big, but could put in resources and also have a PAC. PAC gives them more leg room to lobby. If you look at their events they are active at chapter level too. One would think that if these slimy guys could do this how come our folks are not united and active against this disease before and even after getting green cards. It seems like a just cause to rid the program of bad apples that bring disrepute to the whole system.

Why is nobody talking about it? Why is other media houses quiet about it? Why are big companies like Google, Microsoft, Apple not talking about it? I do not know really.
The fraud is starting from the people who are defrauded, most of the time. Why would someone take up a job for 40-45K, if they have the skills required for a high skilled work visa? The obvious reason is that these people are coming in with fake resumes, proxy interviews, etc. I am sure some legitimate people get victimized too. But, that is just collateral damage. A significant percent of people who come here on H1 are not truly qualified. I have personally met people at work places that don't have the skills that they claim to have. I have heard many many stories through friends. I have heard people taking up jobs for which they don't have the skills and pay someone else in the team to do the work. The reference to Osmanabad University and the mentality of those students speaks volumes about what to expect. If only people with the right skills and qualifications are given H1 and L1 visas, EB2 and EB3 India wouldn't be backlogged this much.

A very very small percent of these fraud cases mentioned in this article have come to light because most of the time the immigrant settles it out with the fraud company because they themselves have a lot of baggage.

If you say these stuff to anyone in the Indian community, they will call you a traitor.

Why would Microsoft and Apple care if they can get cheap work force? There is no reason to believe that anything is going to change.
__________________
snt
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #159 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 870
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute
Default

More of this

Watching Silicon Valley's "Body Shop" Secret

Silicon Valley's "Body Shop" Secret: Highly Educated Foreign Workers Treated Like Indentured Servants | NBC Bay Area
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #160 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 433
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthampi View Post
The fraud is starting from the people who are defrauded, most of the time. Why would someone take up a job for 40-45K, if they have the skills required for a high skilled work visa? The obvious reason is that these people are coming in with fake resumes, proxy interviews, etc. I am sure some legitimate people get victimized too. But, that is just collateral damage. A significant percent of people who come here on H1 are not truly qualified. I have personally met people at work places that don't have the skills that they claim to have. I have heard many many stories through friends. I have heard people taking up jobs for which they don't have the skills and pay someone else in the team to do the work. The reference to Osmanabad University and the mentality of those students speaks volumes about what to expect. If only people with the right skills and qualifications are given H1 and L1 visas, EB2 and EB3 India wouldn't be backlogged this much.

A very very small percent of these fraud cases mentioned in this article have come to light because most of the time the immigrant settles it out with the fraud company because they themselves have a lot of baggage.

If you say these stuff to anyone in the Indian community, they will call you a traitor.

Why would Microsoft and Apple care if they can get cheap work force? There is no reason to believe that anything is going to change.
People against removing slavery in America often blamed African Americans. They often said that:
- "look at how blacks dress" - Not acknowledging that African Americans were poor and were not allowed to own property.
- "they have no education or look at how they talk" - Not acknowledging that African Americans were not immigrants and not allowed education.
- Or "look at how they behave or look or their moral are low"
And the list goes on.

No matter what you say, you cannot blame African Americans for slavery in America. Likewise, you cannot blame immigrants on H1/L1 for the slavery style system in America, a system protected and promoted by large technology companies (including the companies that many revere) and preserved by US Congress.

If immigrants are exploited by their employer and employer is not giving immigration paper work, will immigrants not take desperate measures to change and go to another employer? Is that wrong to take desperate measures to avoid exploitation? The current system is so heavily tilted in favor of the employer that if employer won't give you pay stubs, experience letters, H1 document, copies of green card petition - then it is so difficult to change employer. And 99.99% employers follow the practice that they will not give one or the other document to their immigrant employees.

Is it wrong for employees on H1/L1 to take desperate measures including padding resume, just so they can avoid the exploitation of their current employer? Even law allows to kill someone else in self defense, but some purist will make everyone on H1 and L1 believe that what we go through is somehow our fault or as Microsoft CEO Satya might like to call it "karma". This is bullshit.

It doesn't matter what is the degree, qualification or caliber of H1/L1 immigrant. What matters in any system is if the employee has the freedom to change employer.

Even someone with PhD will be subjected to exploitation in a corrupt system if:
1.) she/he is working in an system that makes it difficult for her/him to change employer and the system is heavily tilted in favor of the employer.
2.) employer wants to exploit their employee, and it could be because of any reason including - just because the law allows the employer to conduct itself in unethical manner.

There I take exception to your statement that:
Quote:
The fraud is starting from the people who are defrauded
Because it is not applicable in the current H1/L1 employee context.

Employees on H1/L1 are cowards, not frauds. They are suffering from apathy for the lives of their own children, but they are not frauds. They are not civilized enough for wanting to live free in a civilized society because they will not speak up, but not frauds. Unwilling to speak-up for their rights and unaware of the wrongs being caused to their families, but not frauds.

And the proof is, people on H1/L1 are unwilling to talk about this honest article. When oppressed or exploited people are unwilling to take on truth head-on, that is weakness, and no system can change with weakness.

If you talk 1-1 with people in desi parties, everyone will tell you their story of how they are being exploited by their employer, but not many people are willing to come forward to tell their real story.

So I take exception to your statement implying that H1/L1 employees are frauds. But maybe it is worse to be cowards, apathetic and uncivilized to ask for equal rights.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #161 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 870
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
People against removing slavery in America often blamed African Americans. They often said that:
- "look at how blacks dress" - Not acknowledging that African Americans were poor and were not allowed to own property.
- "they have no education or look at how they talk" - Not acknowledging that African Americans were not immigrants and not allowed education.
- Or "look at how they behave or look or their moral are low"
And the list goes on.

No matter what you say, you cannot blame African Americans for slavery in America. Likewise, you cannot blame immigrants on H1/L1 for the slavery style system in America, a system protected and promoted by large technology companies (including the companies that many revere) and preserved by US Congress.

If immigrants are exploited by their employer and employer is not giving immigration paper work, will immigrants not take desperate measures to change and go to another employer? Is that wrong to take desperate measures to avoid exploitation? The current system is so heavily tilted in favor of the employer that if employer won't give you pay stubs, experience letters, H1 document, copies of green card petition - then it is so difficult to change employer. And 99.99% employers follow the practice that they will not give one or the other document to their immigrant employees.

Is it wrong for employees on H1/L1 to take desperate measures including padding resume, just so they can avoid the exploitation of their current employer? Even law allows to kill someone else in self defense, but some purist will make everyone on H1 and L1 believe that what we go through is somehow our fault or as Microsoft CEO Satya might like to call it "karma". This is bullshit.

It doesn't matter what is the degree, qualification or caliber of H1/L1 immigrant. What matters in any system is if the employee has the freedom to change employer.

Even someone with PhD will be subjected to exploitation in a corrupt system if:
1.) she/he is working in an system that makes it difficult for her/him to change employer and the system is heavily tilted in favor of the employer.
2.) employer wants to exploit their employee, and it could be because of any reason including - just because the law allows the employer to conduct itself in unethical manner.

There I take exception to your statement that:

Because it is not applicable in the current H1/L1 employee context.

Employees on H1/L1 are cowards, not frauds. They are suffering from apathy for the lives of their own children, but they are not frauds. They are not civilized enough for wanting to live free in a civilized society because they will not speak up, but not frauds. Unwilling to speak-up for their rights and unaware of the wrongs being caused to their families, but not frauds.

And the proof is, people on H1/L1 are unwilling to talk about this honest article. When oppressed or exploited people are unwilling to take on truth head-on, that is weakness, and no system can change with weakness.

If you talk 1-1 with people in desi parties, everyone will tell you their story of how they are being exploited by their employer, but not many people are willing to come forward to tell their real story.

So I take exception to your statement implying that H1/L1 employees are frauds. But maybe it is worse to be cowards, apathetic and uncivilized to ask for equal rights.
Very well said. 100% agree.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #162 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 38
2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light
Default Eo

Looks like all backlogged countries H1Bs are excited about EO (me too). But I don't have high hope. Can we at least expect EAD filing upon 140 approval? IV is keeping silent on this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #163 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 144
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
People against removing slavery in America often blamed African Americans. They often said that:
- "look at how blacks dress" - Not acknowledging that African Americans were poor and were not allowed to own property.
- "they have no education or look at how they talk" - Not acknowledging that African Americans were not immigrants and not allowed education.
- Or "look at how they behave or look or their moral are low"
And the list goes on.

No matter what you say, you cannot blame African Americans for slavery in America. Likewise, you cannot blame immigrants on H1/L1 for the slavery style system in America, a system protected and promoted by large technology companies (including the companies that many revere) and preserved by US Congress.

If immigrants are exploited by their employer and employer is not giving immigration paper work, will immigrants not take desperate measures to change and go to another employer? Is that wrong to take desperate measures to avoid exploitation? The current system is so heavily tilted in favor of the employer that if employer won't give you pay stubs, experience letters, H1 document, copies of green card petition - then it is so difficult to change employer. And 99.99% employers follow the practice that they will not give one or the other document to their immigrant employees.

Is it wrong for employees on H1/L1 to take desperate measures including padding resume, just so they can avoid the exploitation of their current employer? Even law allows to kill someone else in self defense, but some purist will make everyone on H1 and L1 believe that what we go through is somehow our fault or as Microsoft CEO Satya might like to call it "karma". This is bullshit.

It doesn't matter what is the degree, qualification or caliber of H1/L1 immigrant. What matters in any system is if the employee has the freedom to change employer.

Even someone with PhD will be subjected to exploitation in a corrupt system if:
1.) she/he is working in an system that makes it difficult for her/him to change employer and the system is heavily tilted in favor of the employer.
2.) employer wants to exploit their employee, and it could be because of any reason including - just because the law allows the employer to conduct itself in unethical manner.

There I take exception to your statement that:

Because it is not applicable in the current H1/L1 employee context.

Employees on H1/L1 are cowards, not frauds. They are suffering from apathy for the lives of their own children, but they are not frauds. They are not civilized enough for wanting to live free in a civilized society because they will not speak up, but not frauds. Unwilling to speak-up for their rights and unaware of the wrongs being caused to their families, but not frauds.

And the proof is, people on H1/L1 are unwilling to talk about this honest article. When oppressed or exploited people are unwilling to take on truth head-on, that is weakness, and no system can change with weakness.

If you talk 1-1 with people in desi parties, everyone will tell you their story of how they are being exploited by their employer, but not many people are willing to come forward to tell their real story.

So I take exception to your statement implying that H1/L1 employees are frauds. But maybe it is worse to be cowards, apathetic and uncivilized to ask for equal rights.
You just downloaded a half page of crap with all false equivalences.

You can change jobs on H1. I have changed jobs on H1. Many of my friends have done it. If you have the skills, you can get a job anywhere in the US on H1 visa. So, your argument on that point is mute.

Did you even read everything I wrote? I never said all H1s/L1s are frauds. A person with required qualifications and skills for a H1 visa doesn't have to take up a job for 40-45k. If you do, you really don't have the skills and are getting into it by a false resume. Whether you agree or not, that is fraud.

Trying to justify fraud with personal situations is pathetic. Re-read my first post before downloading your crap again.
__________________
snt
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #164 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 870
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthampi View Post
You just downloaded a half page of crap with all false equivalences.

You can change jobs on H1. I have changed jobs on H1. Many of my friends have done it. If you have the skills, you can get a job anywhere in the US on H1 visa. So, your argument on that point is mute.

Did you even read everything I wrote? I never said all H1s/L1s are frauds. A person with required qualifications and skills for a H1 visa doesn't have to take up a job for 40-45k. If you do, you really don't have the skills and are getting into it by a false resume. Whether you agree or not, that is fraud.

Trying to justify fraud with personal situations is pathetic. Re-read my first post before downloading your crap again.
If these H1Bs do not have skills and are not bright enough, how are they surviving in Microsoft, Apple, Cisco etc? Either the top companies in the world according to your logic are not good enough for your standards or there is some error in your logic.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #165 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 139
Blog Entries: 1
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008candid View Post
Looks like all backlogged countries H1Bs are excited about EO (me too). But I don't have high hope. Can we at least expect EAD filing upon 140 approval? IV is keeping silent on this.
What do you? A running commentary?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Administrative Fixes.... RNGC All other Green Card Issues 5 02-17-2014 06:30 PM
Massive IV campaign for Administrative fixes pappu IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 931 04-19-2010 06:46 PM
Tracker: campaign for Administrative fixes: pappu IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 126 03-18-2008 12:01 PM
Administrative fixes post I-140 deba IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 1 12-16-2007 03:49 PM
Truth, Fiction and Lou Dobbs gcpool All other Green Card Issues 6 05-31-2007 12:24 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org