Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
That is so funny. I am rolling on the floor laughing out loud!
You have exposed this idiot paper tiger.
It is of course funny, because you are looking at my 2001 job title and making assumptions. LOL!

Old 11-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
You are qualified and skilled. Others are faking and padding resume. You did not pay for H1 and all others are frauds? Nice

Let me google that for you

Is this you?
https://twitter.com/snthampi

And this?
Nagendran Thampi | LinkedIn

So reaching the position of "Programmer Analyst" after 15 years explain why you feel that you qualified - for your current job. And you think there are not enough Americans available to do Programmer Analyst job?

And according to your Linkedin profile you seem to have came to US though InSyst Inc . Is this IT placement company? And you want everyone to believe that you did not pay for your H1 but all other are frauds?

I am simply asking questions because you are one making allegations. Can you answer these questions?
You are really !!!HIGH SKILLED!!! immigrant because you are looking at someone's 13+ years old resume and commenting on that. It is fair that people like you are waiting for 10 plus years for your GC.

"You did not pay for H1 and all others are frauds?" I didn't make that statement. Another idiot made that assumption. You have difficulty reading and understanding what people post. Follow a conversation before commenting.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthampi View Post
It is of course funny, because you are looking at my 2001 job title and making assumptions. LOL!
snthampi aka Nagendran Thampi aka "Only non-fraud High skilled",

Either you are this person with the job title in 2001, or, you are not this person. Make up your mind. Can't decide, you are High Skilled and others are all frauds, remember? So you it should not take you long to decide. Why is it taking so much time?

Why are you having your job title from 2001 in your linkedin profile? If you have updated other parts of your linkedin profile with latest employer info etc then why would you not change your title? Maybe because your high skilled green card application is not so high skilled because it is filed with job title - Programmer Analyst? And even though that is the job title in your labor certification, you are no longer working with that job title? Is that what you are trying to say? Well, in that case are you not defrauding the system by pretending someone you are not.

You are either Programmer Analyst and not high skilled and thus defrauding the system. Or, you are pretending to be Programmer Analyst and defrauding the system on your green card petition? Which one is it?

Oh, all others in the system are still frauds, isn't it?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 10 point obama plan

Hi Team

Found this Source: Obama to announce 10-point immigration plan via exec action as early as next week | Fox News online.

Was hoping to get some feedback from IV if it has something for high skilled immigrants.This article talks about some Tech visa through a government Agency which can provide around 500K tech visas. Not sure, if this is something that can help us.

Looking forward to reply from our senior members.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 11-13-2014, 02:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachuin23 View Post
Hi Team

Found this Source: Obama to announce 10-point immigration plan via exec action as early as next week | Fox News online.

Was hoping to get some feedback from IV if it has something for high skilled immigrants.This article talks about some Tech visa through a government Agency which can provide around 500K tech visas. Not sure, if this is something that can help us.

Looking forward to reply from our senior members.
Guys any inputs on this , if this has any positive impact on backlog.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_nagi@yahoo.com View Post
Guys any inputs on this , if this has any positive impact on backlog.

I was in the impression that with exec order president cannot increase h1 limit , but as per the news , Obama is passing order for half million visas .

Admin / sr members - your thoughts.

Also if undocumented can get ead , why not we be given a long term ead - it will reduce the pain of h1 folks.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_nagi@yahoo.com View Post
I was in the impression that with exec order president cannot increase h1 limit , but as per the news , Obama is passing order for half million visas .

Admin / sr members - your thoughts.

Also if undocumented can get ead , why not we be given a long term ead - it will reduce the pain of h1 folks.
While there is expectation that there maybe something for us based on our Immigration voice-Administration meetings and positive reaction to our proposed changes, at the end of the day whoever advocates the most gets it.

Undocumented have been advocating a lot for many years. They have invested millions in it. For legals it has been companies who have advocated and have invested millions. So if we want interests of legal immigrants not be overlooked we should be speaking up more, travel more often in large numbers to DC, have recurring contribution every month. This is the only way IV can put in more resources at work, do more frequent meetings so that the issue is not buried. Legal immigrants who have received greencards or have become citizens also need to continue the association and play a larger role in terms of campaign contributions to lawmakers, having a PAC, investing in policy research and basically formalizing this effort on a much larger scale. This issue needs to tackled beyond forums, selfish interests, calculations and tracking discussions, and petty differences. I do not see any other way that we can get everything we want on forums be given to us.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 11-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road

Check this out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/14/us...=top-news&_r=1

Old 11-14-2014, 12:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvenkat View Post
How far did the advocacy take us? We have been advocating for how long? 6-7 years. What has drastically changed? Apart from two year EAD what changes have happened in the past?

The issue is Eb3-I is a miniscule minority that is getting screwed over. That is the fact. People have the right to be frustrated. Apart from the 10k eb3 people who have to endure this frustrating wait, Everyone else gets their GC within a 5-6 year period which is a fair time line. So don't blame the people who have every right to get frustrated.

What are you talking about? The entire backlog is EB3-I. It is not a "miniscule minority". Eb3-I is a huge majority. The majority of cowards and wussies. Yes people have right to be frustrated. But people who don't do anything about their problems, will surely be frustrated. Congratulations that you deserve that right. Oh, let me take that back because Eb3-I don't deserve that right. Because if you were truely frustrated, you would be writing letters, doing meetings with lawmakers, collaborating with others wanting to make policy change and shouting on top of the roof to change your situation. Have you done any of this? No. That means you are not frustrated yet. You only pretend that you are frustrated. But you wussies have no guts and no backbone to do anything for yourself. Look at your pathetic self, you think that posting on some internet forum anonymously you are expressing frustration? I'm Eb-2 and I sound more frustrated or hungry to get greencard. On the contrary you sound like a phony, pretending to be frustrated. Which is why you have not done anything to improve your condition. Now don't show your childish behavior telling me to have pitty on you because you are Eb-3 and I am Eb-2. I've traveled to Washington 4 times for 3 days on each trip to speak with lawmakers about backlogs. And most of the time I spoke about solutions for Eb-3 backlogs. What have you done for yourself and Eb-3? Please tell me why others should not blame you for your problems? More importantly, get your facts straight. Eb3-I backlog is a lot more than 10k. Which also explains why you are in this shithole - because if you don't even care to measure the depth of the shithole you are in, then how can you come out of it.

It is not your fault that you don't understand the meaning of advocacy. Advocacy is not an IT project that there is an allocated time & budget, and at the end of budget, on due date you have expected outcome. Politics doesn't work like that which is why advocacy doesn't work like that. Advocacy is generally multi year process which takes time to change the hearts and minds of policy makers, then you have to wait for the opportune time and political climate, find your champion to push for your bill and then neutralize all opponents so majority will vote for your position. This is just a small summary because it is lot more complex than that. When I was traveling to DC for one of the IV advocacy event, during the training session, IV lobbyist suggested that we read the book - the art of war by Sun Tzu. I came back home and many months later, last year I found time to read this book. It was an eye opener. You should consider reading it if you have time.

There is only one way to fix Eb3-I. Advocacy. What else is the alternative? tracking your dates? Best of luck.

Nothing personal and no hard feelings.

Respectfully and In peace,

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

The immigration waiting game will end soon - CNN.com

Old 11-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
Same day Pigs will fly. This President has been all great talks.. and well very little substance with immigration.

Old 11-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
What are you talking about? The entire backlog is EB3-I. It is not a "miniscule minority". Eb3-I is a huge majority. The majority of cowards and wussies. Yes people have right to be frustrated. But people who don't do anything about their problems, will surely be frustrated. Congratulations that you deserve that right. Oh, let me take that back because Eb3-I don't deserve that right. Because if you were truely frustrated, you would be writing letters, doing meetings with lawmakers, collaborating with others wanting to make policy change and shouting on top of the roof to change your situation. Have you done any of this? No. That means you are not frustrated yet. You only pretend that you are frustrated. But you wussies have no guts and no backbone to do anything for yourself. Look at your pathetic self, you think that posting on some internet forum anonymously you are expressing frustration? I'm Eb-2 and I sound more frustrated or hungry to get greencard. On the contrary you sound like a phony, pretending to be frustrated. Which is why you have not done anything to improve your condition. Now don't show your childish behavior telling me to have pitty on you because you are Eb-3 and I am Eb-2. I've traveled to Washington 4 times for 3 days on each trip to speak with lawmakers about backlogs. And most of the time I spoke about solutions for Eb-3 backlogs. What have you done for yourself and Eb-3? Please tell me why others should not blame you for your problems? More importantly, get your facts straight. Eb3-I backlog is a lot more than 10k. Which also explains why you are in this shithole - because if you don't even care to measure the depth of the shithole you are in, then how can you come out of it.

It is not your fault that you don't understand the meaning of advocacy. Advocacy is not an IT project that there is an allocated time & budget, and at the end of budget, on due date you have expected outcome. Politics doesn't work like that which is why advocacy doesn't work like that. Advocacy is generally multi year process which takes time to change the hearts and minds of policy makers, then you have to wait for the opportune time and political climate, find your champion to push for your bill and then neutralize all opponents so majority will vote for your position. This is just a small summary because it is lot more complex than that. When I was traveling to DC for one of the IV advocacy event, during the training session, IV lobbyist suggested that we read the book - the art of war by Sun Tzu. I came back home and many months later, last year I found time to read this book. It was an eye opener. You should consider reading it if you have time.

There is only one way to fix Eb3-I. Advocacy. What else is the alternative? tracking your dates? Best of luck.

Nothing personal and no hard feelings.

Respectfully and In peace,
greyhair: just wow at the hate you spewed in your post and lumping everyone in that category into one bucket. I especially loved your closing: "Nothing personal and no hard feelings. Respectfully and In peace". Classy.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizkreeg View Post
greyhair: just wow at the hate you spewed in your post and lumping everyone in that category into one bucket. I especially loved your closing: "Nothing personal and no hard feelings. Respectfully and In peace". Classy.
I did not lump anyone in any category. You read my post and your guilt of not doing enough/anything is creating your perception that I'm lumping you. I merely tried to describe your behavior of apathy towards yourself . But according to you, my description of your behavior is hate, but your behavior is one of a sage. That's just great.

You seem to be the one who is guilty conscious. And that is my fault? Good God!

Old 11-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
I did not lump anyone in any category. You read my post and your guilt of not doing enough/anything is creating your perception that I'm lumping you. I merely tried to describe your behavior of apathy towards yourself . But according to you, my description of your behavior is hate, but your behavior is one of a sage. That's just great.

You seem to be the one who is guilty conscious. And that is my fault? Good God!
calm down, tiger.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
While there is expectation that there maybe something for us based on our Immigration voice-Administration meetings and positive reaction to our proposed changes, at the end of the day whoever advocates the most gets it.

Undocumented have been advocating a lot for many years. They have invested millions in it. For legals it has been companies who have advocated and have invested millions. So if we want interests of legal immigrants not be overlooked we should be speaking up more, travel more often in large numbers to DC, have recurring contribution every month. This is the only way IV can put in more resources at work, do more frequent meetings so that the issue is not buried. Legal immigrants who have received greencards or have become citizens also need to continue the association and play a larger role in terms of campaign contributions to lawmakers, having a PAC, investing in policy research and basically formalizing this effort on a much larger scale. This issue needs to tackled beyond forums, selfish interests, calculations and tracking discussions, and petty differences. I do not see any other way that we can get everything we want on forums be given to us.
Thank you for all your efforts. It's been awfully quiet here, especially when immigration admin fixes is in the news everyday.