Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
With all the above 8 points I am still unable to get how the process is going to reduce time for people who are already been waiting from 2003? I think I am missing something here. Can some one explain? I could allow people who missed 2007 train to be on board again, but that would just give EAD and nothing much. It's been 7 years and extending EAD after EAD every time. I see no end to the process.

If you are asking about EO adding more green cards, then the answer is - very unlikely. Green cards cannot be added by EO, it will need act of Congress. But that doesn't mean that anything less than adding more green cards is not welcome. We expect that EO will have fixes that will make it easier to change employer, or, maybe start your business, or, do the things that one would otherwise be able to do after getting green card. Is that not be a welcome change? Nowhere in the law says that employees can change employer with as much ease before getting green card, but we believe that EO will enable immigrants their life with more freedom. Which is why EO is most significant change since over a decade.

Overall the key is - will it help large number of immigrants - Yes. Will EO give everyone green card quickly - No. Will everybody benefit from EO - yes, in some way, a lot of immigrants directly and some indirectly. You have been renewing EAD for 7 years, would it not help to get clarity that will allow you to change employer and live with more security? That is less than getting a green card but is it not better than where you are today?

We all agree that EO is not going to be the end of it. We will still need Congress to add more green cards and remove per-country limits, which is why we need everyone to NOT sit back after benefiting from EO.

If anyone here thinks that these possible changes doesnít affect you, then thatís fine. Let work with Congress to pass a bill for more green cards and remove per country limits. But we believe that a lot of skilled immigrants will benefit from these changes.

Hope this clarifies.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough

Thank you so much IV for your leadership and putting points across to Administration for high skilled immigrants. Let's hope that we will see these changes in tomorrow's announcement.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Visa re-capture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
If you are asking about EO adding more green cards, then the answer is - very unlikely. Green cards cannot be added by EO, it will need act of Congress. But that doesn't mean that anything less than adding more green cards is not welcome. We expect that EO will have fixes that will make it easier to change employer, or, maybe start your business, or, do the things that one would otherwise be able to do after getting green card. Is that not be a welcome change? Nowhere in the law says that employees can change employer with as much ease before getting green card, but we believe that EO will enable immigrants their life with more freedom. Which is why EO is most significant change since over a decade.

Overall the key is - will it help large number of immigrants - Yes. Will EO give everyone green card quickly - No. Will everybody benefit from EO - yes, in some way, a lot of immigrants directly and some indirectly. You have been renewing EAD for 7 years, would it not help to get clarity that will allow you to change employer and live with more security? That is less than getting a green card but is it not better than where you are today?

We all agree that EO is not going to be the end of it. We will still need Congress to add more green cards and remove per-country limits, which is why we need everyone to NOT sit back after benefiting from EO.

If anyone here thinks that these possible changes doesnít affect you, then thatís fine. Let work with Congress to pass a bill for more green cards and remove per country limits. But we believe that a lot of skilled immigrants will benefit from these changes.

Hope this clarifies.
Doesn't the visa/GC recapture mentioned as part of EO practically remove the backlogs? ... not sure why you mentioned that EO won't add any GCs...

Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Smile Thank you

Quote:

Hope this clarifies.
Thank you soo much IV, Aman and team for all the hard work. I want to join you all in this fight. Are you all planning any advocacy event in Washington DC anytime soon?

Old 11-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light

Now I believe that something is going to happen for legal. I was little skeptical because there was no update from IV till now.

Thank you for your effort

Old 11-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute

Sir , do you feel that this could potentially create another backlog for EAD and AP extensions ? please share your opinion

Old 11-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
Doesn't the visa/GC recapture mentioned as part of EO practically remove the backlogs? ... not sure why you mentioned that EO won't add any GCs...

SO what he is saying there will be no new green cards added i.e. during a year the number remains 140K.

However, the EO should fix the backlog situation as it will infuse unused numbers from prior years and removal of dependents. This should make all numbers current and folks whose 485s are pending can get their much awaited GCs

Cheers
Shining

Old 11-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd052011 View Post
True. It seems like I am one of the cynics. I do not think the EO will have any provisions for legals. Maybe just the H4 work permit and increased H1s but thats it.

I sure would like to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow.
Don't get disheartened by IV 8 Point Agenda, POTUS is using it as toilet paper. He is going to listen to DHS Secretary and other USCIS officials who know what they are talking about. From what the below report says, you and I will get benefited when the POTUS announces his EA tomorrow evening!

Obama to shield 5 million from deportation - POLITICO

Old 11-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusdude007 View Post
Don't get disheartened by IV 8 Point Agenda, POTUS is using it as toilet paper. He is going to listen to DHS Secretary and other USCIS officials who know what they are talking about. From what the below report says, you and I will get benefited when the POTUS announces his EA tomorrow evening!

Obama to shield 5 million from deportation - POLITICO

We would be very happy, rather astounded if the President decides to do recapture and/or dependents exemption. This is one of those things where we would welcome to be wrong in our assessment. We have also separately asked and advocated for recapture and dependents exemptions but the truth is that the chances are very less for recapture and/or dependents recapture, and we are only helping you manage your expectations ahead of the announcement.

Now that is out of the way, let me mention this. It is because of immature folks who cannot have a civil discussion that it is difficult to share what we know. As soon as we share something real, there is always one to those idiot hiding somewhere who immediately pop-up its head just because he doesn't like the message. And then this group of mostly handful of immature folks start with attacking the messenger as if immediately the other person is the mortal enemy. Grow up please.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of
Default Thank you

Thank you Admin for saving our time. I was planning to watch Obama at 8 PM Thursday, but now, since IV has "set our expectations right", I would do something else.. like continue feeling miserable

Quote:
We would be very happy, rather astounded if the President decides to do recapture and/or dependents exemption. This is one of those things where we would welcome to be wrong in our assessment. We have also separately asked and advocated for recapture and dependents exemptions but the truth is that the chances are very less for recapture and/or dependents recapture, and we are only helping you manage your expectations ahead of the announcement.

Now that is out of the way, let me mention this. It is because of immature folks who cannot have a civil discussion that it is difficult to share what we know. As soon as we share something real, there is always one to those idiot hiding somewhere who immediately pop-up its head just because he doesn't like the message. And then this group of mostly handful of immature folks start with attacking the messenger as if immediately the other person is the mortal enemy. Grow up please.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2000 View Post
Thank you Admin for saving our time. I was planning to watch Obama at 8 PM Thursday, but now, since IV has "set our expectations right", I would do something else.. like continue feeling miserable
You have got to be kidding me. If you are affected by green card backlog did you even care to read this thread. We have been telling all along that Recapture and Dependents Exemption do not have a real chance. It was a diversion created by companies and most of those articles were planted to create diversion. If you had unrealistic expectations, it was your fault because you did not filter facts from bullshit. How come that is President's fault? Recapture and Dependents Exemption cannot be done with Admin Fix, it will require act of Congress. What part of Admin fix do we not understand?

And do you even understand the implications and benefits of other fixes that are on the table?

I have to be honest. Get real because Washington is a town where no one cares for folks with unrealistic expectations.

The problem with sharing any fact is no matter what happens, there are always handful of people who will not benefit from whatever is happening. And those few handful of people are often be vocal making it look like whatever is happening is worthless. But the guys are will benefit will just watch silently. Sometimes I feel that its a pitty the immature manner we behave as a community.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough

Totally agree with Admin. You guys have amazing patience to explain each impatient and selfish individual who just care about his/her case. They don't care about community and future generation or some other folks who can get big relief from some of these fixes. This is such a historic development and high skilled people in this forum are behaving in such a cynical way.

I would suggest you to ignore these guys and posts. thanks once again !!

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me. If you are affected by green card backlog did you even care to read this thread. We have been telling all along that Recapture and Dependents Exemption do not have a real chance. It was a diversion created by companies and most of those articles were planted to create diversion. If you had unrealistic expectations, it was your fault because you did not filter facts from bullshit. How come that is President's fault? Recapture and Dependents Exemption cannot be done with Admin Fix, it will require act of Congress. What part of Admin fix do we not understand?

And do you even understand the implications and benefits of other fixes that are on the table?

I have to be honest. Get real because Washington is a town where no one cares for folks with unrealistic expectations.

The problem with sharing any fact is no matter what happens, there are always handful of people who will not benefit from whatever is happening. And those few handful of people are often be vocal making it look like whatever is happening is worthless. But the guys are will benefit will just watch silently. Sometimes I feel that its a pitty the immature manner we behave as a community.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:30 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

If someone needs confirmation from other media reports of not having recapture, here we go

Obama Sets Immigration Rollout for This Week - WSJ

Old 11-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute

Finally, we come to know that there is nothing substantial for legal immigrants especially those affected by back logs and this administration has sold message to advocacy groups that undocumented immigrants cause is more important than legal immigrants.

Also tech companies under the cover must have lobbied not to have any meaningful reform to clear back logs. This country needs indentured workers to ensure that political parties and companies work hand in hand to make profits and make life of potential immigrants miserable.

Please don't tell me that we need to work with local congressman and senators and participate in advocacy. I have done that in the past and have seen how that has played out.

We have been cornered and I don't see anyone really interested in allowing to solve our problems. Probably a couple of Indian - American senators. A wild imagination!!
-------

Old 11-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_ramani View Post
Finally, we come to know that there is nothing substantial for legal immigrants especially those affected by back logs and this administration has sold message to advocacy groups that undocumented immigrants cause is more important than legal immigrants.

Also tech companies under the cover must have lobbied not to have any meaningful reform to clear back logs. This country needs indentured workers to ensure that political parties and companies work hand in hand to make profits and make life of potential immigrants miserable.

Please don't tell me that we need to work with local congressman and senators and participate in advocacy. I have done that in the past and have seen how that has played out.

We have been cornered and I don't see anyone really interested in allowing to solve our problems. Probably a couple of Indian - American senators. A wild imagination!!
I understand your frustration that there is nothing in terms of green cards. This IV had told long time back but we were reluctant to accept because of what we were seeing in various news reports.

Having said that, let's also realize what we are getting is not small thing. Getting EAD for thousands of people stuck in green card backlog is a giant step forward from current situation. And it is just not ead, there are some provisions which will make existing ead provisions better like redefining "same or similar occupations", not having to restart green card process again when employer is changed. These provisions will ensure proprt job mobility and remove indebtitude currently present.

Let's be apreciative of what we are getting and congratulate IV for that because everyone else was focused on illusioned green cards when IV picked up these important things which could be done