Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where is Pre-Registration and EAD clause?

Executive Actions on Immigration | USCIS

I don't see "Pre-Registration" anywhere.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikram_das_in View Post
Executive Actions on Immigration | USCIS

I don't see "Pre-Registration" anywhere.
Also, look at this:

"When : Upon issuing necessary guidance and regulations." As we know how USCIS works, this may take years in making. We are celebrating too early. Babaji ka Thullu na ho jaye.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV Rocks!!!

Big Milestone in a long journey. Thanks for all your effort and service. God bless.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anishNewbie is infamous around these parts anishNewbie is infamous around these parts anishNewbie is infamous around these parts

I am worried if the the people on I-140 would be able to apply for EAD..

From USCIS: Executive Actions on Immigration | USCIS

4. Modernize, improve and clarify immigrant and nonimmigrant programs to grow our economy and create jobs
Who

U.S. businesses, foreign investors, researchers, inventors and skilled foreign workers.

What

USCIS will:

Work with the Department of State to develop a method to allocate immigrant visas to ensure that all immigrant visas authorized by Congress are issued to eligible individuals when there is sufficient demand for such visas.
Work with the Department of State to modify the Visa Bulletin system to more simply and reliably make determinations of visa availability.
Provide clarity on adjustment portability to remove unnecessary restrictions on natural career progression and general job mobility to provide relief to workers facing lengthy adjustment delays.
Clarify the standard by which a national interest waiver may be granted to foreign inventors, researchers and founders of start-up enterprises to benefit the U.S economy.
Authorize parole, on a case-by-case basis, to eligible inventors, researchers and founders of start-up enterprises who may not yet qualify for a national interest waiver, but who:
Have been awarded substantial U.S. investor financing; or
Otherwise hold the promise of innovation and job creation through the development of new technologies or the pursuit of cutting-edge research.
Finalize a rule to provide work authorization to the spouses of certain H-1B visa holders who are on the path to lawful permanent resident status.
Work with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to develop regulations for notice and comment to expand and extend the use of optional practical training (OPT) for foreign students, consistent with existing law.
Provide clear, consolidated guidance on the meaning of “specialized knowledge” to bring greater clarity and integrity to the L-1B program, improve consistency in adjudications, and enhance companies’ confidence in the program.

When

Upon issuing necessary guidance and regulations.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, look at this:

"When : Upon issuing necessary guidance and regulations." As we know how USCIS works, this may take years in making. We are celebrating too early. Babaji ka Thullu na ho jaye.

Phatela jeb sil jayega jo chahe ga mil jayega..tere bhi din aayengay chotey acha khasa hil jayega..ruknay ka nahi thaknay ka nahi..advocacy kartey rehna ka.. bheja kyun sarkanay ka.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCkiyaGanja View Post
Phatela jeb sil jayega jo chahe ga mil jayega..tere bhi din aayengay chotey acha khasa hil jayega..ruknay ka nahi thaknay ka nahi..advocacy kartey rehna ka.. bheja kyun sarkanay ka.
So the Administration did something good for us and you complaint is that why can it not happen immediately? Is that right? Yes the change has to go through a process and it will take a few months for regulations to go in. They have assured us that the regulation process for these fixes will be quick, and even attempted to provide the timeline, but that is not enough. You want everything right now or else according to you nothing will happen, even after the fixes were announced?

If you are so good, why don't you ask your employer to do GC immediately for you. Or your lawyer to reply to your email immediately?

There is time to go back to your old self to bicker and waste time fighting with each other over online forums, and there is a time to at least be thankful to the President for did for us. But I guess some things never change.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, look at this:

Pre registration or early filing requires regulation and they even tried to provide the timeline of regulation. But since you know how USCIS works, what would be your appropriate time-line for this change? Do you want this change to go in-effect immediately? Well me too. But every change requires to follow a process.

Even when a bill passes the Congress, there is a effective date for each provision, often into next calendar year. This is not the first time we are going through this, so why is it that all of a sudden you want this like yesterday?

So what you have is these fixes compared to vacuum. What do you prefer, vacuum?

Old 11-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great news!!!

Kudos to IV for all the hard work across the years. This didn't happen overnight, credibility with the White House doesn't happen in a few months. These changes were YEARS in the making. Lots of hours, time away from families, sacrifices at home and work. IV Core, we salute you. Those of us that put in our little grain of sand are SOOOOO PROUD OF IV at this time.

It's so funny to see folks complaining about the EO's, yes they are not perfect, yes we'd like more clarity and details and precise timelines, etc. But guess what? TODAY WE CELEBRATE!!!!! We'll look into details tomorrow.

If you have read anything on these forums at all during the last years, you'll see IV's hand on ALL of the admin fixes for employment-based immigrants. GREAT JOB!!!

Old 11-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
So the Administration did something good for us and you complaint is that why can it not happen immediately? Is that right? Yes the change has to go through a process and it will take a few months for regulations to go in. They have assured us that the regulation process for these fixes will be quick, and even attempted to provide the timeline, but that is not enough. You want everything right now or else according to you nothing will happen, even after the fixes were announced?

If you are so good, why don't you ask your employer to do GC immediately for you. Or your lawyer to reply to your email immediately?

There is time to go back to your old self to bicker and waste time fighting with each other over online forums, and there is a time to at least be thankful to the President for did for us. But I guess some things never change.
Admin, These people are workers that try to sell insurance. Ask them if every claim is denied citing pre-existing conditions? Isnt it true that when the customer contacts after the claim is denied, you do not respond or say that they should directly contact the company and they are mere agents? GCkiyaGanja show me 5 people who have been paid the claims and I will personally verify your information and will take back my words.

I really wonder why people are such fools to still buy insurance knowing that they are being fools. GCkiyaGanja is one such idiot who has I bet done nothing for immigrant problem. GCkiyaGanja get the fcuk out of this site and focus on getting more people to buy your insurance.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thokkalohdi is infamous around these parts

well, as far as i can say.. every1 i knew said just one thing "finally we got something done, if for nothing else EAD for H4 is great news itself".

Old 11-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Members are requested to only post links from government sources. No publicity to businesses is allowed. And you have seen by now that even media reports were incorrect so far in the last 3 months. We have been proven correct once again and others had incorrect idea what they were saying.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 11-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I there any chance of date movement for EB3 - India with priority date 2003 & 2004 ?

Please advise.

thx

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness! DONATE

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 11-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Donate to iv

I forgot to mention. We need to support IV as well. This change didn't happen because of good intentions. It took lots of passion, time and financial support. LOTS. Now more than ever we need to support IV and DONATE. I am a recurring donor and will pledge an additional $100 today to THANK IV for getting the job done.

If you have never donated, today is the day. Sign up for a recurring donation, help keep the work IV does alive. We are not done yet, this is a GREAT first step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosetavo View Post
Kudos to IV for all the hard work across the years. This didn't happen overnight, credibility with the White House doesn't happen in a few months. These changes were YEARS in the making. Lots of hours, time away from families, sacrifices at home and work. IV Core, we salute you. Those of us that put in our little grain of sand are SOOOOO PROUD OF IV at this time.

It's so funny to see folks complaining about the EO's, yes they are not perfect, yes we'd like more clarity and details and precise timelines, etc. But guess what? TODAY WE CELEBRATE!!!!! We'll look into details tomorrow.

If you have read anything on these forums at all during the last years, you'll see IV's hand on ALL of the admin fixes for employment-based immigrants. GREAT JOB!!!

Old 11-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosetavo View Post
I forgot to mention. We need to support IV as well. This change didn't happen because of good intentions. It took lots of passion, time and financial support. LOTS. Now more than ever we need to support IV and DONATE. I am a recurring donor and will pledge an additional $100 today to THANK IV for getting the job done.

If you have never donated, today is the day. Sign up for a recurring donation, help keep the work IV does alive. We are not done yet, this is a GREAT first step.
Couldn't agree with you more. Having been to the two most recent advocacy events I can speak from experience when I say the biggest constraint is money right now.

If you want to help, donate at donations.immigrationvoice.org. I am told they prefer subscriptions since it lets them plan ahead. I am donating at $100/mo and am told that is the recommended donation. That said you should donate what you can.

My paypal transaction ID is: S-30T81161CN022104A

Old 11-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaurav77 will become famous soon enough
Default Thank you IV

A heartfelt gratitude and sincere thanks to Aman and his team. You have touched so many lives with your selfless work. May God shower you with success and health.