Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
Thank you for the patient ear.

Let me try and explain:

In this document: http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fil...pr_fr_2013.pdf

Please take a look at , "table 2." on page 2. for 2013:

Skilled workers, professionals, unskilled workers ... 43,632

Please take a look at , "table A1." on page 6 annual limit for 2013

Third: Skilled workers, professionals, and needed unskilled workers ..................... 45,321†

The first number 43,632 is the total quota for EB3 , and the second number 45,321 is the visas issued for EB3 in that financial year.
The difference between these two numbers in the document is unused visas for EB3 category.
Thus 1689 visas were unused in EB3 Category for the FY2013. These visas were used for other categories while there is a decade of waiting time in EB3I.

similary EB3 quota was underutilized in past several financial years.

Hope this explanation helps.

The solution that we were proposing for not wasting EB3 visa numbers was to move the cut of date , a.k.a. the visa bulletin dates, to move much ahead for EB3 and EB3I so that the visa numbers are not wasted.

What we were asking from the begining of the financial year was that the dept. of state (DOS) and CO (Mr. Charles Oppenheim , Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State ) to move the cut off dates ahead so that full use of EB3 quota happens thus reducing the backlogs in EB3I thru spillovers.
I have no way to validate your numbers. But if you truly believe in this, why don't you take this upon yourself and go to DC and setup appointments, and talk to some people. We have made these arguments years back and the data is no credible or inconclusive.

At IV, we do not have unlimited time and resources. We have only so much time and our focus is on policy issues. If you believe in seeking 100% efficiency of USCIS, rather than spending/wasting time talking about the same thing every day, why don't you go to Washington and talk to someone? Every time we post anything, which we think is 100 times more important, some folks keep repeating the same thing over and over again. What is the point of all this? I don't believe in this because your data is not convincing. So repeating the same thing over and over again will not change that. But you are free to do what you believe in. This thread has 100 times more relevant information about the subject at hand which we believe could potentially change hundreds and thousands of lives. What's the point of this back and forth on every thread all over the internet as if you have a smoking gun? And the more you keep repeating the same information, the more it sounds like a senseless broken record.

Please understand that repeating this information will not distract us from what we are working on. You are free to purse what you believe in, and we will work on what we believe in. Nothing wrong with that.

And this will be my last response on this subject. Hope I've clarified enough. Now you can go to Washington and do what you feel is best for you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2014, 12:58 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateet View Post
Thanks for the update. It's not about what makes everyone or anyone happy. We don't need to be critical of answering any and every question. We're just here for an informed discussion on the topic and as you rightly said to separate facts from fiction.

I really don't need to validate anything anywhere. I know for a fact that IV and many companies are lobbying behind the scenes for greater good. Keep up the good work.

Different strokes for different people. End result will most likely be for the same cause. Just because one disapproves or disagrees with one thing doesn't make it wrong or right. There are gray areas everywhere.
There are grey ares everywhere. But certain things are crystal clear. Its is absolutely clear without a doubt that the Administration cannot give what they don't have. Some of these lawyers are smart people. They know what is possible. But when you don't want something to happen, then the way to make that happen is to ask for outrageous things that the other party cannot give. If you have a single shot at something, why would you shoot in the air rather than aiming for the target that you can see?

We don't believe companies are sincere in their (green card) ask because their cause is somewhat different. Companies are seeking EADs for anyone who do not qualify for H1 lottery. That is their real ask. So they are making such a big ask on green card that the Administration cannot give, and then they turn around to say that when you can give EADs for undocumented, why not give EADs to everyone who did not qualify for H1 lottery. This gives companies additional 200K/year H1s. This is a game which one will see through if you see this long enough.

So these are different causes. Companies want more workers with less rights. We want immigrants to have equal rights to peruse their happiness and live a life that each person is potentially capable of living. These two are conflicting ideas thus different causes.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

I completely agree with "Companies want more workers with less rights". Isn't the same applicable to law firms many of which survive by filing H1/H4 extensions? Why would they want to let go hundreds of thousands of potential customers? And USCIS is also a self funded organization. I think they also would not want to lose revenues from H1/H4 extensions from a large population. So maintaining status quo is beneficial for many players on table and they will/can try their best to keep it that way while showing otherwise!!

Old 08-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

some people never learn. That's the plight of so called successful VISa holders.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

"EB VISA holders".
Can PM Modi help us? is it worth approaching him?

Old 08-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarang View Post
I completely agree with "Companies want more workers with less rights". Isn't the same applicable to law firms many of which survive by filing H1/H4 extensions? Why would they want to let go hundreds of thousands of potential customers? And USCIS is also a self funded organization. I think they also would not want to lose revenues from H1/H4 extensions from a large population. So maintaining status quo is beneficial for many players on table and they will/can try their best to keep it that way while showing otherwise!!

Everything you said is probably correct. However, power lives with the people who are willing to stand-up for themselves. Its a longer journey, but it always works if people undergoing a circumstance are willing to change it.

Please do not wait for companies or lawyers or someone else to fix the system. Its not their fault if they are looking for their economic interest. Infact it should be expected and anyone expecting otherwise is foolish. Companies and lawyers are not evil, they are looking for their economic interest. But most EB immigrants are foolish, they DO NOT want to know what is cooking for them and how it will affect them even if they get green cards. The best EB applicants want to do is go to a lawyer website to cut-paste what she/he has to say and get back to LUD tracking, somehow expect someone else (companies or lawyer) to fix the system for them. This is insane. Companies and lawyers are not evil, its the fault of EB applicants who love telling stories about underdog changing the system, but are unwilling to follow that path with little bit of effort.

There is one and only one way to fix any system. It has to come from people affected by the circumstances. And when people feel that it's about time, that is the time for change. Until then, lets get back to LUD tracking discussion.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant2007 View Post
"EB VISA holders".
Can PM Modi help us? is it worth approaching him?
There you go again. I've come to conclude that subconsciously EB applicants somehow feel that they are good for nothing. So people are always suggesting some idiot lawyer or a celebrity to carry the water. And when the list is exhausted, we turn to Modi. Give me a break.

Modi would want to help Indian companies to get more outsourcing. That requires more workers with less rights, not workers with equal rights. If everyone get green card, most people would want to not work for Indian outsourcing companies. Outsourcing requires revolving door where the workers at client site cannot leave. The best way to ensure this is to get trolleys grip on the neck of immigrant workers.

The only way to make any change is to stand up for yourself and not look for someone else to carry your water. That and only that can change the system, as soon as sufficient number of people are ready.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
There you go again. I've come to conclude that subconsciously EB applicants somehow feel that they are good for nothing. So people are always suggesting some idiot lawyer or a celebrity to carry the water. And when the list is exhausted, we turn to Modi. Give me a break.

Modi would want to help Indian companies to get more outsourcing. That requires more workers with less rights, not workers with equal rights. If everyone get green card, most people would want to not work for Indian outsourcing companies. Outsourcing requires revolving door where the workers at client site cannot leave. The best way to ensure this is to get trolleys grip on the neck of immigrant workers.

The only way to make any change is to stand up for yourself and not look for someone else to carry your water. That and only that can change the system, as soon as sufficient number of people are ready.
There you go again

Old 08-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Thanks DallasBlue

We would welcome others to get more actively involved in the good fight.

As you also probably often see that EB applicants question why are undocumented getting EADs, and why not us. EB applicants behave like spoil rich kid who feels entitled to benefit over others often without lifting a finger for the benefit.

Undocumented are standing up for themselves and their families. Their slogan is - Undocumented and Unafraid. Honestly, I salute their willingness to fight for their version of justice. Atleast they believe in something and are willing to stand-up for what they believe in.

Where is similar passion in EB community? Other than tracking LUDs, facebooking and hash-tagging, where are EB applicants seeking real change? Problems will continue to exist after all debates are over online forums. Please do not waste time online. Get into the real world of advocacy because that is the only way to make any policy change.
I have a difference of opinion here.

Undocumented has got nothing to loose, everything is a bonus for them. So they can afford to fight unafraid. Just like Afridi batting.

Most members of EB community is here in the country obeying the immigration laws and more or less try to be on the right side of the law. We might circumvent the law, bend it and occasionally venture out of it, but unlike the undocumented we are not willful violators. In the heart most of the EB guys have republican values (again my humble opinion).

So I have a difference of opinion with IV in aligning our cause along with undocumented people. However I understand the compulsions of IV in going out as an united front for the cause.

As a visa holder, I respect this country and their laws. So if the law says something there is no point cribbing about it. The sincere efforts for HR 3012 is really a great insight to this great countries Democratic principles. Unlike India, where MP's and MLA's are whipped to vote for any bill and party's diktat, here we have members with voice, even if it is different. Chuck Grassley blocking the bill and Charles Schumer adding poison pill to HR 3012 was a great education.

IV's effort towards getting the administrative fixes for EB visas under the current framework of laws., show they are really sincere for the cause.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
I have a difference of opinion here.

Undocumented has got nothing to loose, everything is a bonus for them. So they can afford to fight unafraid. Just like Afridi batting.

Most members of EB community is here in the country obeying the immigration laws and more or less try to be on the right side of the law. We might circumvent the law, bend it and occasionally venture out of it, but unlike the undocumented we are not willful violators. In the heart most of the EB guys have republican values (again my humble opinion).

So I have a difference of opinion with IV in aligning our cause along with undocumented people. However I understand the compulsions of IV in going out as an united front for the cause.

As a visa holder, I respect this country and their laws. So if the law says something there is no point cribbing about it. The sincere efforts for HR 3012 is really a great insight to this great countries Democratic principles. Unlike India, where MP's and MLA's are whipped to vote for any bill and party's diktat, here we have members with voice, even if it is different. Chuck Grassley blocking the bill and Charles Schumer adding poison pill to HR 3012 was a great education.

IV's effort towards getting the administrative fixes for EB visas under the current framework of laws., show they are really sincere for the cause.
Excuse me. So you are saying going to DC and meeting a senator is breaking the law? Contributing money to IV is breaking the law? Uploading a you tube video about us or interviewing on CNN about the backlog is breaking the law and we will lose our green card? Doing the rally is breaking a law and our green card will be cancelled?

Undocumented are doing all this.

I do not know what you understand by standing up for oneself that H1B immigrants are so scared of doing? I think they are just rich spoilt kids.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Excuse me. So you are saying going to DC and meeting a senator is breaking the law? Contributing money to IV is breaking the law? Uploading a you tube video about us or interviewing on CNN about the backlog is breaking the law and we will lose our green card? Doing the rally is breaking a law and our green card will be cancelled?

Undocumented are doing all this.

I do not know what you understand by standing up for oneself that H1B immigrants are so scared of doing? I think they are just rich spoilt kids.
Meeting Senator, contributing money, video's are not breaking law. Those are all sincere efforts.

Undocumented people are not my role models. I see them as willful violators, don't wish to stand up with them. Yes, I fear painted under the same color if I am associated with them. That's my choice and you can have a difference of opinion on that.

US law gives me the protection of what I can do legally as a work visa holder. However you have to be aware that seemingly trivial issues from other countries (DUI, shop lifting) have a serious ramifications for your green card process. So if you are in a rally and there are some unruly elements in there, I am no way going to jeopardize my GC process with that.

I am provided with whatever I 'need' in this country. Backlog elimination is what I 'want'.
I am not going to stand up for myself with 'on your face' attitude to the citizens of the country which I aspire to be one in future for a change in the law.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Meeting Senator, contributing money, video's are not breaking law. Those are all sincere efforts.

Undocumented people are not my role models. I see them as willful violators, don't wish to stand up with them. Yes, I fear painted under the same color if I am associated with them. That's my choice and you can have a difference of opinion on that.

US law gives me the protection of what I can do legally as a work visa holder. However you have to be aware that seemingly trivial issues from other countries (DUI, shop lifting) have a serious ramifications for your green card process. So if you are in a rally and there are some unruly elements in there, I am no way going to jeopardize my GC process with that.

I am provided with whatever I 'need' in this country. Backlog elimination is what I 'want'.
I am not going to stand up for myself with 'on your face' attitude to the citizens of the country which I aspire to be one in future for a change in the law.
Almost everyone is illegal. Even legal ones. It is a big cover up.
Look at everyone application. Do you think no US citizen is in truth available? How many of you went out of status at one time or other? who came to study told a lie to immigration officer. Who paid to get green card. Who paid for H1B? Who paid to port? Was your labor process all handled by employer truthfully. You must have done something illegal so you are scared.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by open.247 View Post
Almost everyone is illegal. Even legal ones. It is a big cover up.
Look at everyone application. Do you think no US citizen is in truth available? How many of you went out of status at one time or other? who came to study told a lie to immigration officer. Who paid to get green card. Who paid for H1B? Who paid to port? Was your labor process all handled by employer truthfully. You must have done something illegal so you are scared.
It is not what you or me think. Is it to the letter of the law? You might have done everything what you mentioned. You look silly if you try and paint everyone with the same color.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
It is not what you or me think. Is it to the letter of the law? You might have done everything what you mentioned. You look silly if you try and paint everyone with the same color.
So when I revealed your truth it hurt you and you started attacking? You know this is the reason why you got mad and started attacking. What illegal thing you did? It is time that the so called legals become naked.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by open.247 View Post
So when I revealed your truth it hurt you and you started attacking? You know this is the reason why you got mad and started attacking. What illegal thing you did? It is time that the so called legals become naked.
Know the difference between a debate and an attack. You come up with baseless allegation from your experience. You don't even know what you are talking. You just smear dirt around and hold on to it.

Your line of discussion does not make any sense, nor add any value.