Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Pre registration or early filing requires regulation and they even tried to provide the timeline of regulation. But since you know how USCIS works, what would be your appropriate time-line for this change? Do you want this change to go in-effect immediately? Well me too. But every change requires to follow a process.

Even when a bill passes the Congress, there is a effective date for each provision, often into next calendar year. This is not the first time we are going through this, so why is it that all of a sudden you want this like yesterday?

So what you have is these fixes compared to vacuum. What do you prefer, vacuum?
The EO talks nothing about Pre-Registration. What is the source of information to IV that people without priority date being current will be allowed to get benefits of filing adjustment of status? People who are waiting for ages to get an EAD would appreciate that. I know the pain of not being able to file I-485 - missed this twice. Life has been better with EAD for sure.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikram_das_in View Post
The EO talks nothing about Pre-Registration. What is the source of information to IV that people without priority date being current will be allowed to get benefits of filing adjustment of status? People who are waiting for ages to get an EAD would appreciate that. I know the pain of not being able to file I-485 - missed this twice. Life has been better with EAD for sure.

The "pre-registration" will be the result of a rule change which is why you don't see it in the EO. We were fortunate to get a chance to attend two briefings by Senior White House staff.

IV knows what they are talking about.

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-21-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Pardon my ignorance

Quote:
This is massively positive change for immigrants. Please do not be mired and confused by bullshit.

Here is just a handful of WINs for us.

1. Allow applicant to submit and DHS to receive Adjustment of Status application when a visa number is not available. (Will require Regulation process so it will be 6-7 months)
2. Providing clarity to current law by clearly defining "Same or Similar Occupation Classification". (Will not require Regulation, most likely through Memo)
3. Job portability so we will not have to restart green card process. Not allowed to revoke I-140
4. EAD for H-4 (Dec/Jan time frame).

We will provide a more detailed analysis soon along with all the other positive provisions in this change.

410,000 Employment Based immigrants will be directly positively impacted by these fixes. And if you add family members, the number would be more than half a million.

This is MOST SIGNIFICANT that can be done in Executive Order
Friends,

First of all thanks and kudos to the IV team for this great achievement. I am sure this would make many people....

Pardon my ignorance....Does combination of 1 & 3 mean that if I have a an approved I-140 from my previous employer, my current employer has not yet started my GC process, then I can just go ahead and file for EOS using the previous I-140 once the rule is in effect ? Do I need my current employers support for that ? If not could you please help how this would help my current situation.

Thanks in advance for your clarification...

Old 11-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd123 View Post
Friends,

First of all thanks and kudos to the IV team for this great achievement. I am sure this would make many people....

Pardon my ignorance....Does combination of 1 & 3 mean that if I have a an approved I-140 from my previous employer, my current employer has not yet started my GC process, then I can just go ahead and file for EOS using the previous I-140 once the rule is in effect ? Do I need my current employers support for that ? If not could you please help how this would help my current situation.

Thanks in advance for your clarification...
Maybe the IV Core people know more and can correct me, but my understanding is the Rule hasn't been written yet. We have assurances that EAD for I-140 holders will work for the "vanilla" case, that being people who continue to work for the employers that have sponsored them.

For your case, we would have to look at the exact rule.

I think my answer would apply for a lot of the "what about my case..." questions on this thread.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

This is a huge testament to Immigrationvoice and tireless work of its leaderdership team and volunteers. It should make us all proud. What a journey it has been for 9 years. When we started 9 years ago we did not know anything about advocacy. There were sharks everywhere and it seemed difficult. Members who joined the website were scared to even reveal their names or write negatively about a company or lawyer in those days. But it was only a handful of people who were strong willed and during this time, we have brought so much awareness in our community and brought it together to stand up for themselves.

Many people are asking questions about provisions. Some of it is online and some of them do not have full clarity publicly available. There are some who claim to have updates are bullshitting. The fact is Immigrationvoice was at the forefront throughout this advocacy process and the provisions that are accepted are all part of our ask list. We legal immigrants got a really good win in the end and we should be proud of it. We were able to get whatever was mostly possible without changing the law. We have outlined the provisions in our newsletter, Facebook page and some on Immigrationvoice website. Keep visiting the site. Like us on Facebook so that updates get to you sooner.

And lastly, please donate to Immigrationvoice today so that we can put in resources and ensure that these provisions come asap, we get relief, and also include a couple of big items like recapture etc in the next bill. We will also focus on trying to get fast processing for everyone so that the benefits f these provisions come sooner for everyone. For all this we need resources and request you to consider donating today.

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-21-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
This is a huge testament to Immigrationvoice and tireless work of its leaderdership team and volunteers. It should make us all proud. What a journey it has been for 9 years. When we started 9 years ago we did not know anything about advocacy. There were sharks everywhere and it seemed difficult. Members who joined the website were scared to even reveal their names or write negatively about a company or lawyer in those days. But it was only a handful of people who were strong willed and during this time, we have brought so much awareness in our community and brought it together to stand up for themselves.

Many people are asking questions about provisions. Some of it is online and some of them do not have full clarity publicly available. There are some who claim to have updates are bullshitting. The fact is Immigrationvoice was at the forefront throughout this advocacy process and the provisions that are accepted are all part of our ask list. We legal immigrants got a really good win in the end and we should be proud of it. We were able to get whatever was mostly possible without changing the law. We have outlined the provisions in our newsletter, Facebook page and some on Immigrationvoice website. Keep visiting the site. Like us on Facebook so that updates get to you sooner.

And lastly, please donate to Immigrationvoice today so that we can put in resources and ensure that these provisions come asap, we get relief, and also include a couple of big items like recapture etc in the next bill. We will also focus on trying to get fast processing for everyone so that the benefits f these provisions come sooner for everyone. For all this we need resources and request you to consider donating today.

Hi Pappu,

Is there any chance of date movement for EB3 - India with priority date 2004 & 2005 ?

thx

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness! DONATE

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-21-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute

Sir , You are getting me completely wrong . I am not at all undermining the achievement , its huge and its credit to IV no question about it.. I remember the time when you spoke at "Dosa Biryani" Sunnyvale restaurant during the HR3012 phase . I respect you and IV leadership for the selfless efforts. No one I repeat no one does this without anything on the line .. frankly I would not do it.

I am just trying in my own way to convince the other person that the time will come , where other things will also be done ..just hang in there. Hope that clarifies my stand .

I have myself done paltry to help the cause besides occassinallyy donating and working a little bit during HR3012 , but I do understand the value of this ..I am not and will never be ungrateful, thats not my DNA

As regards with fighting with each other I am not sure about when I did that , infact if you read some of my posts I have doused or atleast attempted to end the fights between eb2 and eb3.

Thats all I have to say..thank you once again . I hope I am allowed to be on the site

Old 11-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgsprabhu View Post
Hi Pappu,

Is there any chance of date movement for EB3 - India with priority date 2004 & 2005 ?

thx
Honestly I would not worry about it. With so many provisions to give a good cushion for immigrants, life should not be that unstable now. Plus I have never liked these questions of when a PD will become current and how next bulletin is going to be. It makes the person more selfish and the unity of the community is broken.

There are other websites that feed on this prediction and tracking idea to make money off immigrants or sell some product or service and may have caused more harm than anti-immigrants. If the community was united most of us got their greencarid in earlier years whenever we had very close chance. A mighty push could have helped a lot during those advocacy days and rallies in the past. It is hard to understand advocacy. But those who are here for long, have a duty to explain to others that it works.

With the admin fixes you have all seen how much advocacy has worked. It has taken more time due to lack of participation and resources but due to the will power of people who were persistent we won. No amount of online petitions, letters, flowers, forum posts, tracking and predicting will get us this benefit.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Impact

Quote:
Honestly I would not worry about it. With so many provisions to give a good cushion for immigrants, life should not be that unstable now. Plus I have never liked these questions of when a PD will become current and how next bulletin is going to be. It makes the person more selfish and the unity of the community is broken.

There are other websites that feed on this prediction and tracking idea to make money off immigrants or sell some product or service and may have caused more harm than anti-immigrants. If the community was united most of us got their greencarid in earlier years whenever we had very close chance. A mighty push could have helped a lot during those advocacy days and rallies in the past. It is hard to understand advocacy. But those who are here for long, have a duty to explain to others that it works.

With the admin fixes you have all seen how much advocacy has worked. It has taken more time due to lack of participation and resources but due to the will power of people who were persistent we won. No amount of online petitions, letters, flowers, forum posts, tracking and predicting will get us this benefit.
Hello Pappu,

Your inputs please...these excutive orders, how do they impact status of adjustment pending? Filing was in 2004.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2012
Compare
vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute

“They alone live, who live for others.” ― Swami Vivekananda

Today, IV core might have such a dedicated and non-selfish people who cares for other people, who stuck in this legal immigration backlogs for years and years. This is a wonderful achievement by a dedicated and non-selfish people.

Quote:

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-21-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thank you iv! Donation match challenge!

Thank you IV for all the hardwork. We are very thankful for your time and efforts and we are very proud of your achievements.

Excellent job with transparency, communicating with members and keeping everyone informed about these EOs since last three months.

What we have got today is the most the President can do within his authority.

Note to all the laid-back IV members (including me), please show more support and attend IV's advocacy events and Donate to support more advocacy like this in future.

I challenge my fellow members to open up their wallets and Donate to IV, I will match upto $100 donation that is done until 11/27. Please post your Paypal transaction ID and amount of your transaction in this thread and add "MUGEMBO_MATCH" in your message. I will donate the same amount to IV before 11/27 and match the amount of your donation upto $100.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 11-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up A Big Thanks

Though I did not benefit from this, i am really proud that my friends benefited from this. Seeing them happy was worth it. Thank you IV and everyone for ur help in every possible way.

The battle is not over. Lets contribute n convince our fellow republicans to pass CIR rather than waste time in lawsuits. Go IV

THANKS

Old 11-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

Quote:
Pre registration or early filing requires regulation and they even tried to provide the timeline of regulation. But since you know how USCIS works, what would be your appropriate time-line for this change? Do you want this change to go in-effect immediately? Well me too. But every change requires to follow a process.

Even when a bill passes the Congress, there is a effective date for each provision, often into next calendar year. This is not the first time we are going through this, so why is it that all of a sudden you want this like yesterday?

So what you have is these fixes compared to vacuum. What do you prefer, vacuum?
I was looking at wiki page for DACA and read that it was announced on June 15 2012 and USCIS started accepting applications on Aug 15 2012. Was some similar rule making involved or that was something different?

Old 11-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up MUGEMBO_MATCH Here is my donation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugembo View Post
Thank you IV for all the hardwork. We are very thankful for your time and efforts and we are very proud of your achievements.

Excellent job with transparency, communicating with members and keeping everyone informed about these EOs since last three months.

Note to all the laid-back IV members (including me), please show more support and attend IV's advocacy events and Donate to support more advocacy like this in future.

I challenge my fellow members to open up their wallets and Donate to IV, I will match upto $100 donation that is done until 11/27. Please post your Paypal transaction ID and amount of your transaction in this thread and add "MUGEMBO_MATCH" in your message. I will donate the same amount to IV before 11/27 and match the amount of your donation upto $100.
I posted in the other thread "EO CeLeBrAtIoN thread" also.

Big Thumps UP!!! for IV. Here is my small contribution of $100
Transaction ID for this payment is: 6UP93898FT519803N.
Now we have to concentrate on our long wishing bill (Similar to HR 3012 ) that includes
1.Elimination of per-country numerical limitations.
2.Recapturing lost/Unused employment-based immigrant visas.
3.Exempt derivative beneficiaries of employment-based immigrants from the numerical limits.
Unity is important among all IV members.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of
Default MUGEMBO_MATCH please match

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugembo View Post

Transaction ID #87W47967RU796782F