Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 09:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute blizkreeg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Donated $100

MUGEMBO_MATCH

Here's the transaction ID 1A834336D2695724X
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute
Question

USCIS runs on fees paid by applicants and issuing EAD after preregistration will increase their revenue. Smart move!

Old 11-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Definitely some Visa dates movements will OCCUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Honestly I would not worry about it. With so many provisions to give a good cushion for immigrants, life should not be that unstable now. Plus I have never liked these questions of when a PD will become current and how next bulletin is going to be. It makes the person more selfish and the unity of the community is broken.

There are other websites that feed on this prediction and tracking idea to make money off immigrants or sell some product or service and may have caused more harm than anti-immigrants. If the community was united most of us got their greencarid in earlier years whenever we had very close chance. A mighty push could have helped a lot during those advocacy days and rallies in the past. It is hard to understand advocacy. But those who are here for long, have a duty to explain to others that it works.

With the admin fixes you have all seen how much advocacy has worked. It has taken more time due to lack of participation and resources but due to the will power of people who were persistent we won. No amount of online petitions, letters, flowers, forum posts, tracking and predicting will get us this benefit.
I see the following Action items at Executive Actions on Immigration | USCIS under
(4) Modernize, improve and clarify immigrant and nonimmigrant programs to grow our economy and create jobs
  • Work with the Department of State to develop a method to allocate immigrant visas to ensure that all immigrant visas authorized by Congress are issued to eligible individuals when there is sufficient demand for such visas.
  • Work with the Department of State to modify the Visa Bulletin system to more simply and reliably make determinations of visa availability.
  • Provide clarity on adjustment portability to remove unnecessary restrictions on natural career progression and general job mobility to provide relief to workers facing lengthy adjustment delays.

List item (1) definitely have some impact on movement of visa dates.
I believe List item (3) covers what Aman said ie Pre-Registering etc.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
I see the following Action items at Executive Actions on Immigration | USCIS under
(4) Modernize, improve and clarify immigrant and nonimmigrant programs to grow our economy and create jobs
  • Work with the Department of State to develop a method to allocate immigrant visas to ensure that all immigrant visas authorized by Congress are issued to eligible individuals when there is sufficient demand for such visas.
  • Work with the Department of State to modify the Visa Bulletin system to more simply and reliably make determinations of visa availability.
  • Provide clarity on adjustment portability to remove unnecessary restrictions on natural career progression and general job mobility to provide relief to workers facing lengthy adjustment delays.

List item (1) definitely have some impact on movement of visa dates.
I believe List item (3) covers what Aman said ie Pre-Registering etc.

The h4 ead rule building started may 2014 and expected to accept application from dec /jan so for pre registration rule building will same time ?
I also saw in some websites that for daca the application acceptance will start from fed 18th.

Senior members any thoughts ?

Old 11-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute mugembo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thanks for making mugembo_match a success!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy View Post
i posted in the other thread "eo celebration thread" also.

Big thumps up!!! For iv. Here is my small contribution of $100
transaction id for this payment is: 6up93898ft519803n.
Now we have to concentrate on our long wishing bill (similar to hr 3012 ) that includes
1.elimination of per-country numerical limitations.
2.recapturing lost/unused employment-based immigrant visas.
3.exempt derivative beneficiaries of employment-based immigrants from the numerical limits.
Unity is important among all iv members.
thanks a bunch @murthy, @jsd123 and @bilzkreeg for making my mugembo_match donation challenge a success. I had three members participating in my challenge but i can only match one.

Here's my paypal transaction id for the match: 72210293dp2074835

i strongly encourage other iv members to step up and come with similar challenges. Thank you again,

mugembo

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 02-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future
Default FY2014 EB3 Quota was not completely utilized as well

While there is greater than a decade long wait in EB3I category, EB3 visas again went unused/wasted by DOS/USCIS for the financial year 2014.

last year for FY2014 Uscis/DOS moved dates for eb3i for 5 weeks.
from oct2013 to oct2014 visa bulletin - EB3I COD was moved from - 22sep2003 to 08Nov2003
and unused/wasted thousand of EB3 category visas as a whole.

another thought, may be we should request to put a country quota on H1B visas.

Good Job all the volunteers in the beltway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
Thank you for the patient ear.

Let me try and explain:

In this document: http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/ois_lpr_fr_2013.pdf

Please take a look at , "table 2." on page 2. for 2013:

Skilled workers, professionals, unskilled workers ... 43,632

Please take a look at , "table A1." on page 6 annual limit for 2013

Third: Skilled workers, professionals, and needed unskilled workers ..................... 45,321

The first number 43,632 is the total quota for EB3 , and the second number 45,321 is the visas issued for EB3 in that financial year.
The difference between these two numbers in the document is unused visas for EB3 category.
Thus 1689 visas were unused in EB3 Category for the FY2013. These visas were used for other categories while there is a decade of waiting time in EB3I.

similary EB3 quota was underutilized in past several financial years.

Hope this explanation helps.

The solution that we were proposing for not wasting EB3 visa numbers was to move the cut of date , a.k.a. the visa bulletin dates, to move much ahead for EB3 and EB3I so that the visa numbers are not wasted.

What we were asking from the begining of the financial year was that the dept. of state (DOS) and CO (Mr. Charles Oppenheim , Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State ) to move the cut off dates ahead so that full use of EB3 quota happens thus reducing the backlogs in EB3I thru spillovers.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Career progression

IV Admins,

I am still unsure about specific possible provisions in the EO that support job mobility. Can you please shed some light on what we can expect in terms of taking promotion within the "same or similar" role? So let's say from a Lead to Manager to Director...in the same company, just natural career progression.

For someone who only has an I-140 approved (no AOS yet), will it be possible to take such promotions without risking an RFE or another issue with the I-485 application? I know that one of the key things IV has focused on with the EO Admin fixes is quality of life for legal immigrants and job mobility - can you please clarify if we can expect clarifications or specifics around this scenarios?

Thanks!

Old 05-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeshpan View Post
IV Admins,

I am still unsure about specific possible provisions in the EO that support job mobility. Can you please shed some light on what we can expect in terms of taking promotion within the "same or similar" role? So let's say from a Lead to Manager to Director...in the same company, just natural career progression.

For someone who only has an I-140 approved (no AOS yet), will it be possible to take such promotions without risking an RFE or another issue with the I-485 application? I know that one of the key things IV has focused on with the EO Admin fixes is quality of life for legal immigrants and job mobility - can you please clarify if we can expect clarifications or specifics around this scenarios?

Thanks!
Go to the start of the thread. You will see lot of clarity on admin fixes. Same or similar is also part of that.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
Go to the start of the thread. You will see lot of clarity on admin fixes. Same or similar is also part of that.
I tried looking and couldn't find the original point-by-point details that were posted of all possible fixes. Anyway, the "same or similar", I thought, mostly applied to someone who changes jobs and goes to a similar role. But I guess it would apply to promotions and progression within the same job also? If there indeed is a fix coming up to clarify this and make it easier....I wish and pray that HR/immigration departments and their lawyers who help with filings get the details and advise employees accordingly! It would be a huge benefit!

Old 05-08-2015, 11:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
So I found this on another thread:

"Question 1 (c.)" This is related to Immigration Voice provision for clarity with 'Same or Similar occupation clarification'. This fix will allow changing employer and jobs so that you will not longer have to stick with the same job title for decades (as under the earlier system). This fix is extremely important as it will give us job mobility and change job titles and employers as long as we are in the "same or similar occupation classification" meaning for example - if your green card petition was filed as "Programmer Analyst", with EAD you will now be able to change job to "Senior Programmer", "Manager", "Vice President" or whatever in your field. In short this means freedom to do the type of work you are potentially capable of doing and not be restricted by some artificial or arcane provision that was being used by large number of employers to game the system and for employee retention. This fix will allow you to live a free professional life.

Does this mean people don't have EAD yet, but are waiting to file...will not be able to take promotions and progress in their jobs the same way? Will this provision/clarification only apply to folks who already have EAD?

Old 05-08-2015, 11:54 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
So I found this on another thread:

"Question 1 (c.)" This is related to Immigration Voice provision for clarity with 'Same or Similar occupation clarification'. This fix will allow changing employer and jobs so that you will not longer have to stick with the same job title for decades (as under the earlier system). This fix is extremely important as it will give us job mobility and change job titles and employers as long as we are in the "same or similar occupation classification" meaning for example - if your green card petition was filed as "Programmer Analyst", with EAD you will now be able to change job to "Senior Programmer", "Manager", "Vice President" or whatever in your field. In short this means freedom to do the type of work you are potentially capable of doing and not be restricted by some artificial or arcane provision that was being used by large number of employers to game the system and for employee retention. This fix will allow you to live a free professional life.

Does this mean people don't have EAD yet, but are waiting to file...will not be able to take promotions and progress in their jobs the same way? Will this provision/clarification only apply to folks who already have EAD?
The provision is not out yet but we will work towards this provision to be applicable to anyone

Old 05-09-2015, 04:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maxpayne1 is on a distinguished road
Default I-140 approved and laid off while outside the US before filing H1B extension

Hello Administrator2 and other IV senior members,

First off, I wanted to say that all your efforts are much appreciated.

I have a question regarding the potential upcoming administrative fixes. My I-140 was still pending when I was at the end of my 6th year on H1B (after all the recaptured time) and as a result, I had to leave the US to go work at one of my company's international locations. The plan was to work outside the US until my I-140 and 3 year H1B (based on approved I-140) were approved and then come back into the US on the new H1B. While outside the US, my I-140 was approved, but shortly after that, I was laid off due to reduction in work force at my company. So needless to say, there is no way they can proceed with the H1B (based on approved I-140) now. I was wondering if the upcoming fixes would allow me to re-enter the US (based on my approved I-140) through consular processing. I realize most of these fixes pertain to Adjustment of Status and EAD/AP for people already in the US. Does anybody know if there is anything in the fixes that would help my situation at all? Will I be eligible to apply for an EAD (or its equivalent) through consular processing?

Thanks.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
The provision is not out yet but we will work towards this provision to be applicable to anyone
Thanks, I'm eagerly waiting to find out what's in the provision for people who have I-140 approved without EAD...if they take promotions, what happens to their application w/r/t "same or similar" occupation so the application doesn't need to be filed again.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Thanks, I'm eagerly waiting to find out what's in the provision for people who have I-140 approved without EAD...if they take promotions, what happens to their application w/r/t "same or similar" occupation so the application doesn't need to be filed again.
We are working on these angles also.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

Quote:
We are working on these angles also.
Will natural career progression consider lateral movements (ie from software development / business analysis/project management to product development/product management)?