Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts

Yes HR213 is the way to go. Guys, now it is imperative for most of you to come to DC. Out of sight is out of mind. You got to constantly keep knocking on the door and reminding our senators about what they can do for us. In the end, its all about numbers and representation.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Were you being sarcastic? His IV handle isn't registered for the advocacy day event.
Was wondering if he has already put his words into action.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Was wondering if he has already put his words into action.
IV handles are optional when registering.

I would like to think that Bhishma is true to his namesake and will do the right thing - if he hasn't already.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
IV handles are optional when registering.

I would like to think that Bhishma is true to his namesake and will do the right thing - if he hasn't already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
I pledge $300 in donation for IV as I will not be able to attend the advocacy event.
With reference to my reply on

Immigration Voice Advocacy Event in Washington D.C. on 14th, 15th and 16th June - Immigration Voice (Immigration Voice Advocacy Event in Washington D.C. on 14th, 15th and 16th June)

I did not register for the advocacy event as I will not be able to attend any vacation for 90 days (starting second week of May, 2015). I took up a new job and I am requested not to take a vacation and had I known it before I accepted the offer, I would have mentioned it to my employer before I joined them.

To live with myself and most importantly to thank IV's efforts, I took a pledge and will also contribute in any possible way I can for not making it up.

Thank you again for your valuable efforts and like I always say, Words fall short when I want to thank IV.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
With reference to my reply on

Immigration Voice Advocacy Event in Washington D.C. on 14th, 15th and 16th June - Immigration Voice (Immigration Voice Advocacy Event in Washington D.C. on 14th, 15th and 16th June)

I did not register for the advocacy event as I will not be able to attend any vacation for 90 days (starting second week of May, 2015). I took up a new job and I am requested not to take a vacation and had I known it before I accepted the offer, I would have mentioned it to my employer before I joined them.

To live with myself and most importantly to thank IV's efforts, I took a pledge and will also contribute in any possible way I can for not making it up.

Thank you again for your valuable efforts and like I always say, Words fall short when I want to thank IV.
Thank you for taking the right decision Bhishma. I wish many others who are sitting in the sidelines, and especially those who are jumping from one forum to another in search of fake news, follow your footsteps. I am feeling sorry that you will not be able to participate in the June event, but at the same time happy for your new job. Congratulations and Best of luck.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future
Default EB3 visas are not completely used for past few years.

When there is decade of backlog with eb3I category , why the CO / USICS is not completely using eb3 quota. if any visas go unsued in eb3 they should fall across to the EB3-I which is the most backlogged county in the eb3.

Why uscis is not releasing the i-485 inventory for APR 2015 ?

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-job/previous-pending-employment-based-i-485-inventory/pending-employment-based-i-485-inventory

DOS/CO is not publishing the monthly demand data.
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/statistics/immigrant-visas.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
Thank you for the patient ear.

Let me try and explain:

In this document: http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/ois_lpr_fr_2013.pdf

Please take a look at , "table 2." on page 2. for 2013:

Skilled workers, professionals, unskilled workers ... 43,632

Please take a look at , "table A1." on page 6 annual limit for 2013

Third: Skilled workers, professionals, and needed unskilled workers ..................... 45,321†

The first number 43,632 is the total quota for EB3 , and the second number 45,321 is the visas issued for EB3 in that financial year.
The difference between these two numbers in the document is unused visas for EB3 category.
Thus 1689 visas were unused in EB3 Category for the FY2013. These visas were used for other categories while there is a decade of waiting time in EB3I.

similary EB3 quota was underutilized in past several financial years.

Hope this explanation helps.

The solution that we were proposing for not wasting EB3 visa numbers was to move the cut of date , a.k.a. the visa bulletin dates, to move much ahead for EB3 and EB3I so that the visa numbers are not wasted.

What we were asking from the begining of the financial year was that the dept. of state (DOS) and CO (Mr. Charles Oppenheim , Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State ) to move the cut off dates ahead so that full use of EB3 quota happens thus reducing the backlogs in EB3I thru spillovers.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gramster is on a distinguished road

Great meeting all of you at the advocacy event! It was a phenomenal experience. I will be following up with all the relevant action points.

AILA conference is ongoing, Greg Siskind tweeted: DoS made some comments that something was coming on Visa Bulletin which would allow early adjustments.

IV's admin teams have been talking about this for quite a while now...and hence have advised us to keep documents ready for a possible significant movement of PDs.

Just flagging for the benefit of everyone, especially those who don't care to trust some of IV's commentary.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
student79 is on a distinguished road
Default now when it is coming ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramster View Post
Great meeting all of you at the advocacy event! It was a phenomenal experience. I will be following up with all the relevant action points.

AILA conference is ongoing, Greg Siskind tweeted: DoS made some comments that something was coming on Visa Bulletin which would allow early adjustments.

IV's admin teams have been talking about this for quite a while now...and hence have advised us to keep documents ready for a possible significant movement of PDs.

Just flagging for the benefit of everyone, especially those who don't care to trust some of IV's commentary.

No question about not trusting on IV.

I personally have complete faith on IV and its management. They are TRULY helper for EB community.

Do you know when it is coming now ?

Old 06-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VolatilityMaster is on a distinguished road

Greg also tweeted I140EAD is not coming until end of 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramster View Post

Old 06-18-2015, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by student79 View Post
Do you know when it is coming now ?
All depends on your help with the action items. If you can get a few more Republican cosponsorship, the bill can be brought to the floor by this summer, and it can become a law by October 2015. It really matters on how much you are willing to help yourself.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunrl is on a distinguished road

It's definitely understandable the need to know dates but waiting for those dates will not bring as big of an impact that trying to get H.R 312 passed would bring. Right now is the time and with HR 312 you will most likely be getting green card not just I140 EAD which is a interim measure and it will happen when it will happen. Do your part and hope for the best, don't chase dates as those things could change.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stan1IV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
All depends on your help with the action items. If you can get a few more Republican cosponsorship, the bill can be brought to the floor by this summer, and it can become a law by October 2015. It really matters on how much you are willing to help yourself.
just for the record, there is optimism and there is this.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan1IV View Post
just for the record, there is optimism and there is this.
Most if not all law becomes effective from the beginning of the next FY. 2015 October is the earliest one, if the bill passes before that.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

"(d) Effective Date.—The amendments made by this section shall take effect as if enacted on September 30, 2014, and shall apply to fiscal years beginning with fiscal year 2015."

Hope this helps. Rather than discussions and speculations please call & meet the representatives asking for support . Good chances are that FY15 implementation can help 1000s of families can benefit this year itself.

Quote:
Most if not all law becomes effective from the beginning of the next FY. 2015 October is the earliest one, if the bill passes before that.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute

I realize that IV and its volunteers have been busy with Advocacy Day event and related activities w/r/t H.R. 213 but I just wanted to revive this old thread and ask if there is still some traction on the EO side of things.

I know there was some confusion and around the timing and content of the report that was supposed to be released by the administration a month or so ago and it got delayed...is that still on the the cards? Also, does IV leadership feel that the short-term Visa Bulletin "fixes" to improve the quality of life of legal immigrants that were supposed to be a part of the EO action plan still in the works and expected to go through any time soon?

Don't mean to stir controversy or irk anyone so if IV admins feel this is not the right time for this discussion, please feel to delete the post. Cheers!