Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeshpan View Post
I realize that IV and its volunteers have been busy with Advocacy Day event and related activities w/r/t H.R. 213 but I just wanted to revive this old thread and ask if there is still some traction on the EO side of things.

I know there was some confusion and around the timing and content of the report that was supposed to be released by the administration a month or so ago and it got delayed...is that still on the the cards? Also, does IV leadership feel that the short-term Visa Bulletin "fixes" to improve the quality of life of legal immigrants that were supposed to be a part of the EO action plan still in the works and expected to go through any time soon?

Don't mean to stir controversy or irk anyone so if IV admins feel this is not the right time for this discussion, please feel to delete the post. Cheers!
We have been getting a lot of questions about the EO. Nothing was shared with us that would require that we amend our statement on May 5th except obviously the timing of the high-level announcement, over which we have no control.

https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...12984648767760

People need to realize that the real battle is with HR.213. There is very little that can be done about the EO. If something goes wrong with it, it will not be because you failed to do tweet regularly or something silly like that - it will be because of something out of everyones control (including the Administrations). In fact when our community starts tweeting, calling or harassing the administration, it's sets an unnecessary adversarial tone between the WH and the skilled immigrants it is trying to help.

If you have spare bandwidth, use it wisely by pushing for HR.213 by calling the members we posted. Every time a call is made it is recorded and the Congressman is told that a constituent really wants him to do something. The last thing a congressman wants is an upset constituent bad-mouthing him in his district for not doing something (especially when it's reasonable and common sense). So, please do your share - these calls are taken seriously. Also when you call, ask for someone who deals with immigration policy in the office:

Do your share: Important Advocacy Day Action Item - Immigration Voice (Do your share: Important Advocacy Day Action Item)

There is a lot of doom and gloom about the EO on other forums. The truth of the matter is Administration is working on the EO at the best speed they can. There aren't many people in the Admin who know what's going on and those who know are wisely not saying anything in public.

Please don't listen to people who do nothing other than run around from forum to forum gathering and re-publishing information while wasting your time uninformed speculation. Instead spend your time wisely and focus on things you can change.

Another point I would like to make is our push for HR.213 should not be misconstrued as "giving up" on the EO. Rather it is a matter of pragmatism and resource management. We only need a handful of people to deal with the WH. The president isn't running for another election, so even if there was a need to pressure the WH - it would be of limited utility. However, we need all hands on deck for HR.213. Congressmen are - by design, extremely responsove to constituent pressure and we need you do the needful and pressure them - politely.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Actually people are having the following questions. That is main part of speculations

1. Is there any big VB movement though recapture is difficult ? Theoretically it is not possible without visa numbers.
2. Any other fix other than EAD for I140? Is AOS without PD current is different from EAD for I140? I know one of the expected fix is if you file I140 which may be valid even if change the employer.

No one can timeline as no one knows even DHS /USCIS will no have that.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
Actually people are having the following questions. That is main part of speculations

1. Is there any big VB movement though recapture is difficult ? Theoretically it is not possible without visa numbers.
2. Any other fix other than EAD for I140? Is AOS without PD current is different from EAD for I140? I know one of the expected fix is if you file I140 which may be valid even if change the employer.

No one can timeline as no one knows even DHS /USCIS will no have that.
#1: Yes. We have specifically been asked not to share when and how. People speculating about this are doing just that - speculating.
#2. AoS without PD current is different from EAD for I140. Main difference is Kids will be protected from aging out with AoS. There are other benefits like kids getting in-state tuition in some states when they would not qualify when they have pending AoS (because they get an A#). The bottom-line is having a pending AoS gives you rights and options you will not have with just I-140 EAD+AP. In our view AoS without PD being current is the most important fix.

Also please do not ever use the words EAD and I-140 without mentioning AP on public fora - it sends the wrong message.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SatnamSingh is on a distinguished road
Default Give Me Some Sunshine Song Saari umar hum marr marr ke jee liye Ek pal to ab humein

Give me some sunshine Give me some Hop Give me another chance I wanna grow up once again... Saari umar hum Mar mar ke jee liye Ek pal to ab humein jeene do Jeene do

EAD for all I140 approvals on H1B | RESULTS OCEAN

EAD for I140 -Prepare your Documents When you Find Time.

Bachpan to gaya Jawani bhi gayi Ek pal to ab humein Jeene do jeene do
Na na na….Na na na….Na na na….Na na nana na….

Old 06-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatnamSingh View Post
Give me some sunshine Give me some Hop Give me another chance I wanna grow up once again... Saari umar hum Mar mar ke jee liye Ek pal to ab humein jeene do Jeene do

EAD for all I140 approvals on H1B | RESULTS OCEAN

EAD for I140 -Prepare your Documents When you Find Time.

Bachpan to gaya Jawani bhi gayi Ek pal to ab humein Jeene do jeene do
Na na na….Na na na….Na na na….Na na nana na….
That's the spirit. Sit around and "hope" - but do absolutely nothing to help your self.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
That's the spirit. Sit around and "hope" - but do absolutely nothing to help your self.
Expecting anything more would be too much to ask from this so called "highly skilled" but in reality illiterate in spirit

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SatnamSingh is on a distinguished road

If you are not in a HOPE then what are your efforts directed too ? Many a time I do see some verbiage that send faul , hatred or challenging languages from senior members .. It only reflects your frustration & Infuriation rather then enticing to new members.

Some members wants to listen to only immigration voices in the vein of their minds.

Once again thank you for what you are doing which is really incredible & your effort r stupefying but if you want to bag more team members change your belvedere ...

Old 06-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you are not in a HOPE then what are your efforts directed too ? Many a time I do see some verbiage that send faul , hatred or challenging languages from senior members .. It only reflects your frustration & Infuriation rather then enticing to new members.

Some members wants to listen to only immigration voices in the vein of their minds.

Once again thank you for what you are doing which is really incredible & your effort r stupefying but if you want to bag more team members change your belvedere ...

I don't speak for IV but I am quite certain that the HOPE is cannot be directed at or for dead bodies. People without spirit are as good as dead bodies. IV should direct effort in getting passionate people, not dead bodies with no soul or spirit

Old 06-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

We are all frustrated. You need to channel that frustration in productive ways - ways that will solve your problems.

Posting nonsense on forums changes nothing.

Sitting on your butt "hoping" for some "sunshine" changes nothing.

Going to the lawyers forum and wasting a few more months of your short life talking about the 2 R's, or uselessly speculating about what should be in the EO (when all you need is here) - changes nothing.

Spending valuable time on the fraudulent travelers insurance forums and talking to trolls in India whose job it is to post comments to make it look "active" - also changes nothing.

Or you can step up and help yourself.