Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateet View Post
So I'd like to discuss again why we @ IV think to the contrary when somebody senior who drafted the law thinks differently. Is it all smoke and mirrors or is there any reality to the situation ?

Obama's options for tech immigration take shape - Computerworld

Former U.S. Rep. Bruce Morrison (D-Conn.), who chaired the House Immigration subcommittee responsible for drafting the 1990 immigration reform legislation that created the present system, believes the White House has the ability, via executive action, to allocate all available employment-based green cards to principals only.
Bruce Morrison is now a lobbyist and his job is to shoot for the starts for his clients. If this would have been a possibility, I am sure IV would have tried this option long back. We Administrator explained in his earlier posts immigration game is much more convoluted than what we think. IV Leadership has been working on this for years and they have first hand experience by now of what would work and what would not. However, lets wait and see. Based on media reports etc, we would know the myth vs reality in next few weeks and if this happens, I am sure, IV leadership and members would be among the first to applaud the President and administration.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well lobbying or not doesn't matter in grand scheme of things. But somebody who drafted the law is assumed to know a bit and saying things on record is a big thing.

We sure will know in few days how things will pan out. I am an optimist. Hopefully all the news about legal immigration that has been doing rounds all over seems to have some element of truth to it. I am sure that IV is one of the groups that met with WH officials during summer.

So I have no doubt and I am not questioning at all IV's abilities or interests. It's more of a discussion point. Keep up the good work IV.
You are posting because you have never been ever to DC and participated in advocacy days. You would not have such doubts seeing IV clout.
The irony is that f the same administrator's message was posted by a lawyer on his website all of you would have been jumping around and copying and posting the message everywhere on forums. Not trusting your own capabilities is also our own weakness. Do you know IV volunteers analyze and draft laws that they present to lawmakers as a presentation for law changes? How would you know if you have never volunteered.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First of all stop this madness about advocacy days with every reply. It's getting ad nauseam.

People who have just been to advocacy days don't need to remind everyone about it. Doesn't make anyone special in context of the discussion.

Secondly I find it extremely disappointing when many replies are posted with capabilities and other non relevant stuff. Stay on the topic please.

Third is that I am well aware of work being done by IV and other lobbyists. I might not know everything, but just what I need to know. Just because somebody sat in a presentation DC doesn't make them an expert in context of immigration laws and their interpretation.

Last but not the least is somebody authentic and knows about laws talks on record like Bruce Morrison, there has to be some substance.
Your post smack of bloated ego and thinking that you know best and everyone else is lower. It is infact a big problem with the entire EB population and this is why they can never be united.

Firstly people who attended advocacy days are indeed special. They know more and it is important to talk again and again about its importance.

Secondly it is on topic. Precisely.

Thirdly I do not really think you know the work done by IV yet. This is why I said going to meetings is important to learn how things work. It is not sitting in a presentation but actually negotiating. Guess you have not been to such meetings so cannot imagine. People are more interested in reading visa forecasts and think that those guys are more intelligent and their heroes. Once you go to meetings you will know that those so called heroes are fools and ignorant. Real heroes are IV people who understand laws, write it all, present it, negotiate it. And these lobbyists you treat like gods are paid workers. You pay them and they will talk for you on your agenda. Many ex congressmen are lobbyists on kstreet. Guess you have not met any yet because you have never been to advocacy days!!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default Time will tell

I guess its just a matter of time/days where we can know how the law actually got interpreted, the best thing with the law is it can get interpreted in different ways depending on how good the fine print is , given the sensitivity around this one --i am sure there would be lots of twists and turns --

Labor Day is not far --so I guess no one needs to defensive about anything.

Good luck EB3 and EB2 folks-- if the law does get interpreted your way and Obama signs an executive order --then it will be a great moment ---

Cheers
Shining

Old 08-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough

While I respect IV core and the work they have done but I agree with Atit here. They should be able to explain their reasoning to not support possible EO on dependent count at-least. Even if something has remote chances why they are ruling out. Which section of law says that numerical limits also apply to dependents. As per lot of reports ,USICS has applied these dependents count in their interpretation of law.

I don't want to have argument here but just a clear message. If yo think that I am ignorant, please educate me in inspiring way.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Nobody talks of ego. I guess if people with such attitude go to advocacy days, it sums it up perfectly for rest of us. I really don't want to be in such self appreciating company.

Only time will tell about success and failures. In the meanwhile enjoy your good for nothing self proclaimed advocacy.
Good for nothing self proclaimed advocacy is what you are describing this organization.
So what exactly are you doing here Mr Freeloader? Why don't you go back and join the prediction game. Hope that prediction will get your admin fix done sooner than IV.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Okay so can you please tout any recent success here with your so called advocacy ? I strongly suggest to add something meaningful and concrete other than misguided visions of grandeur about advocacy.

And "freeloader" is a considered personal attack ! Suggest you refrain from using words out of context and spirit of rules in this forum.
The upcoming executive order is a result of my meetings along with meetings of 50 other pele who came to DC spending their own money. You and others are going to reap the benefits for free. This is why the freeloader remark which again punctured the bloated ego. So here it is recent success. Other success is H4 rule this us coming is the result of IV hardwork. If you participate in IV conference calls for volunteers and meetings in advocacy days yu will know what is going on. But you are so busy with predictions and tracking. What will you know about advocacy.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, please stop this.

Eastindia, you are not the spokesperson of IV and you are not the only one who went to DC for advocacy days. Please stop this nonsense. What are you trying to achieve? These are genuine questions. If you don't know the answers then there is no need to pick a fight.

What's the point of talking if you don't have something important to say?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unfortunately the only answer you'll get here is you don't do advocacy. Apparently you can't be smart about US immigration laws since you didn't do any advocacy.

It's more about advocacy these days than have an intelligent and meaningful discussion.
Ok, you are very smart. Now work on EO.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalimmi11 View Post
While I respect IV core and the work they have done but I agree with Atit here. They should be able to explain their reasoning to not support possible EO on dependent count at-least. Even if something has remote chances why they are ruling out. Which section of law says that numerical limits also apply to dependents. As per lot of reports ,USICS has applied these dependents count in their interpretation of law.

I don't want to have argument here but just a clear message. If yo think that I am ignorant, please educate me in inspiring way.
First of all no one is seeking respect from anyone. We would rather be much satisfied if folks decide to stand up for themselves and do something in the real world rather than hang around forums and predictions wasting precious time. Its wrong to waste your time like this on forums, arguing all day on meaningless discussions and predictions then expect something good come out of any bill and/or EO.

Please read carefully. We have repeated this plenty of times. We are saying that there are serious legal hurdles for any EO to do recapture of unused visas or exemption of dependents from numerical limits.

Again, we are not saying that IV is against recapture or exemption of dependents in EO. We are saying it won't happen based on the legal hurdles. If by some miracle, recapture or exemption are part of EO, we will very happily take it. IV also has recapture and exemption in our ask list for EO knowing well ahead of time that it won't happen.

It would be most convenient for us to cheerlead recapture and exemption EO and later claim that we were associated with it. But it will also be intellectually dishonest if we do not share with everyone that this is not happening. To the extent possible, we have always shared what is possible and likely to happen. Take or leave it. All these articles about exemption and recapture is a staged drama. You are free to watch this drama and think of this as live news, just like some people like to watch WWF. It is entirely your choice and free will.

The benefit of IV is that we tell you the truth. You can read lawyer's analysis, news articles and whatever comes your way and then continue to live in fools paradise in the world of date predictions. Or, you can plan for the future based on what is likely to happen. Again your choice.

Also, when you ask for something that the other person cannot give/don't have, then you miss that one chance to ask something that is/was possible. So our fixes are achievable and meaningful instead of asking for something that cannot be done by Administrative Action.

We are being forthcoming in telling everyone that the articles are bogus. Lawyer's analysis about President coming back from vacation to do EO means nothing because that is just not true. Lawyers are in the business of getting popular to do more business and media outlets have their agenda. Please be smart about consuming information and don't take everything thrown at you at its face value.

In the past, when we were unable to share information because of obvious constraints, then folks say IV is not sharing information. Now we are sharing information about what is actually going-on behind the scene and some people are concluding that IV not supporting EO for recapture or exemption.

Guys, please maintain some sanity and please take a moment to read what is being said and shared before jumping all over and picking useless fights with each other and wasting your time and energy. Please spend your time judiciously in making phone calls to your members of Congress and Senators from your State. Each member of Congress also has some role to play in EO. If nothing else, please do your share rather than attacking each other for no apparent reason.

Last edited by Administrator2; 08-22-2014 at 09:13 AM.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default Next Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Please spend your time judiciously in making phone calls to your members of Congress and Senators from your State. Each member of Congress also has some role to play in EO. If nothing else, please do your share rather than attacking each other for no apparent reason.

It will be very helpful if some script/talking points can be provided for talking with the senators/congressmen--will love to help wherever possible--

thanks
Shining

Old 08-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road
Default There is a real danger this site could disappear..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Again, we are not saying that IV is against recapture or exemption of dependents in EO. We are saying it won't happen based on the legal hurdles. If by some miracle, recapture or exemption are part of EO, we will very happily take it. IV also has recapture and exemption in our ask list for EO knowing well ahead of time that it won't happen.
Are you serious? Read this..

Obama has big options for green card, H-1B reform without Congress - Computerworld

The only thing that stands out on this site is the relentless solicitation for Donations! Other than that it is just a talking shop that has served no (that I am aware of) purpose till now!

Old 08-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusdude007 View Post
Are you serious? Read this..

Obama has big options for green card, H-1B reform without Congress - Computerworld

The only thing that stands out on this site is the relentless solicitation for Donations! Other than that it is just a talking shop that has served no (that I am aware of) purpose till now!
Thank you, appreciate your comments. So you think that Computer World article is telling you the truth? Sounds good then. If you don't think IV is doing anything then why do you show up here or post comments. You can just skip visiting us. All the best

Old 08-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Maybe the title should . . . .

. . . now be revised to filtering facts from friction

Cheers!!
Shining

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road

It is obvious you don't really 'appreciate' my comments. It is not what I think or what Computerworld thinks that matters..it is what, those who matter, think that really matters like for example this:

Quote:
The decision to count dependents against the caps "is an administrative interpretation" of the law, "and anything that's an administrative interpretation can be changed," said former U.S. Rep. Bruce Morrison (D-Conn.), who chaired the House Immigration subcommittee responsible for drafting the 1990 immigration reform legislation that created the present system.