Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let people do what they are doing

I am no pundit on these matters , but I have just let IV represent me . (do I have any other voice ?).

Will do my phone calls , rallies what ever is in my capacity & leave the rest to IV & hope. BTW advocacy walon sorry I have never been to advocacy events , so please dont bash me up here.

Every September onwards there is some news that this will happen that will happen (HR3012 remember that ? I still have the t-shirt from the SanJose rally . My friends whom I literally begged to fly in from Dallas and drive from LA still curse me for forcing them to come to the rally ) ...hota kuch nahi hai....not IV's fault at all , it is just politics. So what is the point in bashing each other up here.

I remember watching IV representatives presenting the case on c-span, i think it was some committee , they hardly gave us time to speak..now if that is how we are being heard or not heard then how can we fault IV.

IV says call senators call them,,paisa nahi lagta..if it works good for all of us , else status quo.. everyone know its politics, money , lobbying etc don't let emotions get over and fight it out here.. kuch nahi honay wala , average wait time for GC is 10 years..na jayada na kum bubble gum .

Chalo shuru ho jao galiyan baknay..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCkiyaGanja View Post
I am no pundit on these matters , but I have just let IV represent me . (do I have any other voice ?).

Chalo shuru ho jao galiyan baknay..

All I can say --you have a very creative name --LOL

Old 08-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

This is what House is good for

Old 08-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupa View Post
Dear Administrator 2

This is not a fair language by you.
Admins gone wild? ROFLFMAO.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusdude007 View Post
Admins gone wild? ROFLFMAO.
It bothers me that one person can make the entire topic stink. I used to like visiting internet forums. Lately not because of you, but because of people who watch your shit silently, I try not to visit any immigration forums. Every now and then when I stumble into forums it bothers me that most people who visit here stay silent even when dumb shits like you attack well intended people and spending their time to fix my problems.

It doesn't bother me what you post because you are born fuckhead and that is how you are suppose to behave. What bothers me is others who silently watch people like you fuck around all over the place without at least being questioned of your intent.

Have you done anything for my problems of having to wait in backlog? If the answer is no and then if you attack people working to fix my problems and problems of thousands others, how will it be fair for me to just glance through without saying anything and pass-by when you are pissing all over the place.

We all want green card. The first thing I learned about American society is that people speak up when they see fuckers like you. Don't see others here getting angry over what handful get away with. Which is why we are all waiting in backlogs because that is what we deserve.

Handful of people like here like drop of ink in a jug of water, making the entire environment non-consumable. But people who knowing remain silent are like poison in jug of water killing anyone who might drink it by mistake.

"Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Old 08-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
It bothers me that one person can make the entire topic stink. I used to like visiting internet forums. Lately not because of you, but because of people who watch your shit silently, I try not to visit any immigration forums. Every now and then when I stumble into forums it bothers me that most people who visit here stay silent even when dumb shits like you attack well intended people and spending their time to fix my problems.

It doesn't bother me what you post because you are born fuckhead and that is how you are suppose to behave. What bothers me is others who silently watch people like you fuck around all over the place without at least being questioned of your intent.

Have you done anything for my problems of having to wait in backlog? If the answer is no and then if you attack people working to fix my problems and problems of thousands others, how will it be fair for me to just glance through without saying anything and pass-by when you are pissing all over the place.

We all want green card. The first thing I learned about American society is that people speak up when they see fuckers like you. Don't see others here getting angry over what handful get away with. Which is why we are all waiting in backlogs because that is what we deserve.

Handful of people like here like drop of ink in a jug of water, making the entire environment non-consumable. But people who knowing remain silent are like poison in jug of water killing anyone who might drink it by mistake.

"Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default EO with a time cap

I am just wondering if it is possible to exclude dependents as a one time measure for a year or two instead of doing it as an open ended EO. Can this be done within the existing limits of the law? Such as measure might at least reduce the backlogs if not eliminate them completely. May be that way the backlash might be reduced if the EO in our case is considered overreaching. Just a thought!

Old 08-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default My 2 cents

I appreciate the effort of IV for clearing the backlog. However I have serious difference of opinion with respect to aligning with non-documented group in pushing a resolution for the immigration issue.

With HR 3012 IV alienated ROW crowd.

Maybe we should give a thought to start working with Roy Beck, and try a different way. Their position has always been clear. Just a thought.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
I appreciate the effort of IV for clearing the backlog. However I have serious difference of opinion with respect to aligning with non-documented group in pushing a resolution for the immigration issue.

With HR 3012 IV alienated ROW crowd.

Maybe we should give a thought to start working with Roy Beck, and try a different way. Their position has always been clear. Just a thought.
AceMan - I thought this country has provided everything you need? Then why even bother with different ways and Rory Becks etc. when you are enjoying all the benefits of a H1-B visa?

Old 08-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
AceMan - I thought this country has provided everything you need? Then why even bother with different ways and Rory Becks etc. when you are enjoying all the benefits of a H1-B visa?
When you see things as personal, your judgement gets clouded. Is that your best shot? It is not my need or my want. I respect the rules of the land. Anyways I will try and put forward my point.

On the other side you have conservative citizens group who are against immigration and they are a very powerful group. Their voices are heard across over by US Citizens. It is a different matter, lot of people don't agree with them. However decision makers don't object it. They are the voters who decide the fate of representatives now. Not 20 years down the line.

Legal immigration IV is representing is very minuscule in the big picture of immigration reform. However if IV were with the other group, the chances that legal immigrants plight, may be seen in a different light compared to the undocumented.

If you think it is not workable, counter it with your reasons, instead of harping over my benefits.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
I am just wondering if it is possible to exclude dependents as a one time measure for a year or two instead of doing it as an open ended EO. Can this be done within the existing limits of the law? Such as measure might at least reduce the backlogs if not eliminate them completely. May be that way the backlash might be reduced if the EO in our case is considered overreaching. Just a thought!
That is a pipe dream. Once interpreted, it will remain that way, till a Law is passed explicitly dealing with that topic.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

I have done some foolish things and some good things when it comes to helping IV. Before I knew how the system worked, I signed online petitions, crunched numbers and date movements, discussed why IV does not do XYZ on the forums etc. But I have done few good things - donated miles for advocacy days, sent money when possible, met with Congressman & Senators. These things made the most impact. Could I have done more? Yes.

I have personally seen how Senator's eyes lit up when I said I am from IV and he was considerate to my questions.

Over the years, I have seen the futility of convincing people online to join the mass effort of IV. Either you get it or you don't. Individuals think they can out-think IV or force IV to pickup their pet cause. With the wealth of knowledge and close links that IV has, I would say IV has thought things from more angles than nearly all of them. More importantly, it exactly knows what it is the truth and what are media games and how the system works.

Just my two cents for its worth.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another news for legal immigrants for not counting dependents...

White House considers proposals to sharply increase legal immigration - The Washington Post

Thanks

Old 08-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief! Even with possibilities, it has to pass through tough political climate!
Go IV!

Old 08-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
Good grief! Even with possibilities, it has to pass through tough political climate!
Go IV!
Useful link from the above article...

http://archive.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/0623backofline.pdf