Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default So much noise

I have been to a couple of advocacy day events, never posted on the forum before because the quality of the conversation on an important matter has never been so poor.

All the noise about dependent exemption and green card recapture is just that - noise. The people asking for dependent exemption know that it is impossible. The main reason they are asking is the hope it will drown out more reasonable "asks" (in DC speak) like early filing of I-485 - which not co-incidentally the noise makers are completely silent about. Other reasons exist for the noise which I will not get into.

If you are wondering who the noisemakers are, all you have to do is figure out the losers with (say) the early I-485 fix (among our other asks). Immigration lawyers are an obvious suspect, hence the sight of them crawling out of the woodwork to opine on the dubious legality of the Dependent exemption - after not hearing a peep out of them on this matter in the last decade. Tech companies are another obvious suspect, we haven't heard any of them ask for anything other than more H1-B's, back door H1-B's, recapture and Dependent exemption.

Again, it is not a coincidence, that provisions which would benefit our community that the tech companies are making a noise about are unachievable "pie in the sky" asks.

You don't hear a peep about anything that is both achievable and would benefit us.

If you genuinely are on an H1 and want to see an improvement in your situation, you better hope and pray the dependent exemption and recapture noise does not drown out our more reasonable and achievable "asks" - which is exactly what the people that prey on us want.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I have been to a couple of advocacy day events, never posted on the forum before because the quality of the conversation on an important matter has never been so poor.

All the noise about dependent exemption and green card recapture is just that - noise. The people asking for dependent exemption know that it is impossible. The main reason they are asking is the hope it will drown out more reasonable "asks" (in DC speak) like early filing of I-485 - which not co-incidentally the noise makers are completely silent about. Other reasons exist for the noise which I will not get into.

If you are wondering who the noisemakers are, all you have to do is figure out the losers with (say) the early I-485 fix (among our other asks). Immigration lawyers are an obvious suspect, hence the sight of them crawling out of the woodwork to opine on the dubious legality of the Dependent exemption - after not hearing a peep out of them on this matter in the last decade. Tech companies are another obvious suspect, we haven't heard any of them ask for anything other than more H1-B's, back door H1-B's, recapture and Dependent exemption.

Again, it is not a coincidence, that provisions which would benefit our community that the tech companies are making a noise about are unachievable "pie in the sky" asks.

You don't hear a peep about anything that is both achievable and would benefit us.

If you genuinely are on an H1 and want to see an improvement in your situation, you better hope and pray the dependent exemption and recapture noise does not drown out our more reasonable and achievable "asks" - which is exactly what the people that prey on us want.

Thank you for posting this. I couldn't have said it any better. Cannot thank you enough for putting in clear words. But don't hold your breath, the next guy asking "but why can't obama do recapture" is 52 seconds away. But the more dangerous guy who is only here to create negativity to poison the environment is only 18 seconds away.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gdgtgeek has a spectacular aura about gdgtgeek has a spectacular aura about gdgtgeek has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

This is a great perspective and I think it makes complete sense. Well said.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road
Default We may have to wait another week..

Here is an AP Report excerpt on Yahoo

"Obama's goal had been to announce his decision around Labor Day, before leaving on a trip next week to Estonia and Wales. But a host of national security crises have pushed the announcement back, likely until after Obama returns, said the officials, who weren't authorized to comment by name and demanded anonymity."

Old 08-27-2014, 11:53 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road

Check this out..

Cavuto Presses Gutierrez Quarrel On Immmigration | The Daily Caller

Old 08-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I concur. Pretty well said.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
I concur. Pretty well said.
Guys on this topic, I think we should throw our support to "Compete America" instead , IV forum Members are of no use but thinking they are demigods.

Thanks.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny2007 View Post
Guys on this topic, I think we should throw our support to "Compete America" instead , IV forum Members are of no use but thinking they are demigods.

Thanks.
Do you ever think before opening your mouth? hil3182 just explained what is going on and you are suggesting exactly the opposite.

Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction - Page 7 - Immigration Voice (Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction)

You are suggesting supporting companies who are screwing all of us. And who cares for your support any way? Did anybody call you to ask for your support? You are no one in this discussion other than posting silly messages online anonymously which no one cares for.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks.
Do you know IV is an important member on Compete America board?

And what exactly do you mean by 'throwing support'? What will you give them as 'support'? Can you please explain.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh...in case you missed it....

....he and other folks here who think alike have agreed to donate 50% of their monthly salary to 'Compete America' until the latter can get 'em their GREEN CARDS!! Yeah, then what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Do you know IV is an important member on Compete America board?

And what exactly do you mean by 'throwing support'? What will you give them as 'support'? Can you please explain.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Do you ever think before opening your mouth? hil3182 just explained what is going on and you are suggesting exactly the opposite.

Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction - Page 7 - Immigration Voice (Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction)

You are suggesting supporting companies who are screwing all of us. And who cares for your support any way? Did anybody call you to ask for your support? You are no one in this discussion other than posting silly messages online anonymously which no one cares for.
IV took donation right and return my 100 dollar donation then.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not giving you jack shit. Why are you asking me go ask IV.

Ask IV why did they not get your and mine GC till now after taking your $100

Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
What took you so long? I thought you were suppose to be pissing all over the place like yesterday.

Why are you asking for $100, do you want to give it to technology companies who has enslaved everyone on H1B and L1 visa? They can use your $100 to lobby for getting more indentured servants like us. They have plenty of franklins to buy access to screw you million times over without you knowing it.

Why is it that now I notice more suckers on IV forum. More people vocal are negative and against their own agenda. Wonder if they had any real learning and education apart from getting a certificate.

Who will cut the branch of a tree while sitting on that same branch? Only a dumb or mad man

Old 08-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:

Thanks.
Seriously? I wonder where you learned to read and write. WAIT.... please don't tell, parents will stop sending their kid to that school.

throw our support? "Compete America"? Do you know who are these guys? Is it possible that these guys are the reason why your life is.... what is that word......hmmmmmm....... can't think of it...... FCUKED UP. This is like a blind (that is you) watching and admiring Kardashians (that is "Compete America")

Old 08-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default Two things -

Obama's lawyers prepare to defend executive action on immigration - CBS News

1-Obama beefing up his lawyers and securing the legal front
and
2-buying more time --

. . . . so labor day anticipators --wait some more ---likely after the foreign trips