Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shining View Post
Obama's lawyers prepare to defend executive action on immigration - CBS News

1-Obama beefing up his lawyers and securing the legal front
and
2-buying more time --

. . . . so labor day anticipators --wait some more ---likely after the foreign trips
At least a step forward!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

It seems counting dependents for legal immigrants is published in every news related to President's EO.

"Other options under consideration, such as changes to how green cards are distributed and counted, might be less controversial because they have been developed with input from the business community and other groups traditionally more aligned with Republicans. But Derrick Morgan, a former adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney and a scholar at the conservative Heritage Foundation, said Mr. Obama will still face staunch opposition as long as he attempts an end run around Congress."

Thanks

Old 08-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suva View Post
It seems counting dependents for legal immigrants is published in every news related to President's EO.

"Other options under consideration, such as changes to how green cards are distributed and counted, might be less controversial because they have been developed with input from the business community and other groups traditionally more aligned with Republicans. But Derrick Morgan, a former adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney and a scholar at the conservative Heritage Foundation, said Mr. Obama will still face staunch opposition as long as he attempts an end run around Congress."

Thanks
Looks like EO will be delayed until after November midterms as per this article.

Obama suggests he'll need more time on immigration policy - LA Times

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suva View Post
Based on various articles, including this one . . . . I think the resistance against EO is because of amnesty and legalizing 6+Million folks. On the legal front, so far have not seen any major resistance coming from any major groups . . . So even if it gets challenged either by way of CBO funding cessation or legal suit ---it appears to more toward the legalization part vs. the counting part of the derivatives ---because republicans would either way support that as the top businesses and top lobby houses are all in for that---

Maybe my friday or the long weekend optimism doing the talking here---

Timing wise, yes it does appear that doing this in November is more plausible politically --and the whole point of this is the political gridlock --so some groups/folks would pursue that as a weakness if Obama does not take an EO prior to the end of summer

Cheers
Shining

Old 08-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
Seriously? I wonder where you learned to read and write. WAIT.... please don't tell, parents will stop sending their kid to that school.

throw our support? "Compete America"? Do you know who are these guys? Is it possible that these guys are the reason why your life is.... what is that word......hmmmmmm....... can't think of it...... FCUKED UP. This is like a blind (that is you) watching and admiring Kardashians (that is "Compete America")
Morons on this board know only to attack people.

If IV is not interested to support this initiative , then you go to whoever is ready to fight for the cause. You filthy scumbags can stay in the line forever.

Good Bye.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
I am not giving you jack shit. Why are you asking me go ask IV.

Ask IV why did they not get your and mine GC till now after taking your $100
Greyhair : Who told you I'm waiting for my GC ? You are speaking as if you are spokesperson of IV. You are a bug on this forum.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
What took you so long? I thought you were suppose to be pissing all over the place like yesterday.

Why are you asking for $100, do you want to give it to technology companies who has enslaved everyone on H1B and L1 visa? They can use your $100 to lobby for getting more indentured servants like us. They have plenty of franklins to buy access to screw you million times over without you knowing it.

Why is it that now I notice more suckers on IV forum. More people vocal are negative and against their own agenda. Wonder if they had any real learning and education apart from getting a certificate.

Who will cut the branch of a tree while sitting on that same branch? Only a dumb or mad man
You Jackass , mind your words.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road
Default We can now kiss good bye to any EO

White House: Nation Needs Debate Before Obama Amnesty | The Daily Caller

Old 08-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Post Facts are coming out

This is what IV core Aman and other are trying to explain. Not possible with in the frame work of existing law. Let us not fight each other.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future
Unhappy

Is it really delayed again or is it just noise ?

Old 08-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of

Not just the noise --its definitely delayed --interesting politically charged curveball . . .

Old 09-05-2014, 12:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

Admins,

Please share your take on EO (atleast what you can on public forum). Dont see any positive indications in media lately.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
columbusdude007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
This is what IV core Aman and other are trying to explain. Not possible with in the frame work of existing law. Let us not fight each other.
What the News Report is saying and what IV is saying are totally different.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

Recent media headlines

Obama: Immigration announcement 'soon'

Quote:
President Obama indicated Friday he might take executive action on immigration before the November congressional elections, but made no commitments on timing or specifics.

Speaking to reporters at the end of a NATO summit in Wales, Obama said he has begun receiving immigration recommendations from Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson.

"I suspect that on my flight back, this'll be part of my reading, taking a look at some of the specifics that we've looked at," Obama said. "And I'll be making an announcement soon."

and some policy analysis

http://nfap.com/wp-content/uploads/2....Sept-2014.pdf

This is just whats out in the media. Please do not take it as the real thing or as something endorsed by IV. They may just be noise.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshitij View Post
Recent media headlines

Obama: Immigration announcement 'soon'

and some policy analysis

http://nfap.com/wp-content/uploads/2....Sept-2014.pdf

This is just whats out in the media. Please do not take it as the real thing or as something endorsed by IV. They may just be noise.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/us...s&emc=rss&_r=0

Final good bye!!!