Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/us...tion.html?_r=0
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post

We have waited for long time and a few weeks here or there won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

I would suggest not looking at this from the point of election season but look at it from the point of view of Administration's desire to do something. No body is saying this is over and it won't happen. Fatalist approach is not healthy so it won't be wise to read it that way. It is matter of when not if this will happen. So keep it positive because the intention is do EO and we can all live with few weeks here or there.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

And anybody accusing the President of playing politics is not living is the real world. There is nothing non-political about politically charged subject of immigration. The business of Washington is politics. So it is ironic for a few to accuse the President for "playing politics".

Ask yourself, if you were President, will you do something to encourage switching of the Senate to the other party? Or will you not wait for a few weeks until after the election? It is easy to be carried away when one is inundated with often biased news/opinions. But it is most important to be smart and see through information thrown at us, more so when it is needed the most.

Last edited by Administrator2; 09-06-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
And anybody accusing the President of playing politics is not living is the real world. There is nothing non-political about politically charged subject of immigration. The business of Washington is politics. So it is ironic for a few to accuse the President for "playing politics".
Agreed --its all about resilience --

Cheers
Shining

Old 09-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road
Question H4 ead

Is this delay in EO from White house also going to affect the H4 EAD provision that was announced in spring 2014?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We have waited for long time and a few weeks here or there won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

I would suggest not looking at this from the point of election season but look at it from the point of view of Administration's desire to do something. No body is saying this is over and it won't happen. Fatalist approach is not healthy so it won't be wise to read it that way. It is matter of when not if this will happen. So keep it positive because the intention is do EO and we can all live with few weeks here or there.
Agree!

Its from the usual smell that we had been through for the past 2-3 years, "all hoopla but no action" sort of sentiment.

You are right in saying, "We have waited....". We can wait for couple more months. Hopefully something +ve would emerge.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future

Quote:

Ask yourself, if you were President, will you do something to encourage switching of the Senate to the other party? Or will you not wait for a few weeks until after the election? It is easy to be carried away when one is inundated with often biased news/opinions. But it is most important to be smart and see through information thrown at us, more so when it is needed the most.
Totally agree with you Aman. DACA was issued before re-election. It helped him politically to get re-elected. Right now, Obama and Democrats believe that EO on immigration will do them more harm than good in mid-terms. Immigration is a hot political topic and both parties want to benefit from it. So, I don't think Obama will do anything after mid-term. He will wait till 2016 to take action and possibly help get another Democrat president in white house. What's his political motivation to act on EO after the mid-terms? He will blame GOP or something else to delay it till 2016. John Boehner has already started the conversation that CIR "might" be possible in 2015.. like he said in 2013 and again in 2014. GOP will also try their best to buy time and pass something in House to improve their image before 2016 election.

While we agree the president want to do something to help fix immigration, I think he will only do it if it helps him politically or helps his legacy. He can/will act close to 2016 elections to do that.

Aman, can you share your thoughts on this? Why do you think he will act in Nov. after mid-terms?

Thanks.

Fellow IV members - I am just sharing my view point. Spare me the speech on "What I have done to contribute?", "Have I taken part in any advocacy events?", etc.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

Immigration reform: Elect GOP president (Opinion) - CNN.com

CNN predicting that EA will be put off until next Presidential election - I hope they are wrong

Old 09-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnf View Post
Immigration reform: Elect GOP president (Opinion) - CNN.com

CNN predicting that EA will be put off until next Presidential election - I hope they are wrong
Everything written on the internet is not true. Everything written in news is also not true. You can have diverse news items in the 2 channels in the same country. News is also all not honest. It could be a lobbied news. You also need to be smart about seeing that is is not CNN saying. You are wrong in that. It is not a CNN news. It is an opinion. Anyone can have an opinion. Now you should also see who is having an opinion here? The author is known to be writing in favor of Hispanics for past many years. So he will try to paint a picture that helps the cause of earliest action. We need to be smart and read between the lines.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

EO aside -- does it impact the admin fixes? Does it hasten or make worse the EAD action in any way?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aashishkapoor is on a distinguished road
Default Impact on EAD for H4

Hello All, Do you know will these delay impact on EAD for H4 admin fix ?

Thanks

Old 09-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default Before the holidays are over . . .

White House chief of staff Denis McDonough pledged to Latino lawmakers during a private meeting Thursday that President Barack Obama will take executive action on immigration before the holidays are over – an effort to soothe lawmakers furious about the administration’s move to hold off on action.

Read more: W.H. talks immigration with Latino lawmakers - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

Old 09-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of
Default Transfer to F1 OR wait for H4 EAD rule?

Please delete this post from here is its irrelevant!!! I thought because this H4 EAD rule is going to be part of the administrative fixes it would be wise to have it in this forum.

Hi All,
I am trying to get my wife a US Masters Degree so that she can get a job and can work. This said she is in the middle of her Masters which she is doing on H4 and we are on the verge of final steps to decide if we should convert to F1 so that she can utilize OPT later for the Job search.

Do you think its wise to transfer to F1 > OPT > H1b?? OR wait for H4 EAD rule??

Please suggest!!!

Old 10-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gs1968 will become famous soon enough

Just to keep the thread alive-can anyone shed more light on what the President meant in these remarks?
I am sure the President knows the difference between the H-1b program and Green Cards

Obama H-1B reform plan draws Grassley's ire | Computerworld

Old 10-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1968 View Post
Just to keep the thread alive-can anyone shed more light on what the President meant in these remarks?
I am sure the President knows the difference between the H-1b program and Green Cards

Obama H-1B reform plan draws Grassley's ire | Computerworld
Thanks for sharing the article and bumping the thread. Much of the work happens in the real world, out of the forums or online discussions. Yes, we believe that President knows the difference and things are getting into crunch time. You will see many different articles and opinions as time progress, so hand-in tight before it all unfolds.