Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default EO CeLeBrAtIoN thread

Time to celebrate is approaching. This is the fruit of our 9 year of hard work we will get today. It is going to be a historic moment. A lot of our items in the ask list for admin fix have been accepted. A very BIG WIN for Immigrationvoice today. We were at White House twice today for final meetings and we are very excited.

Lets celebrate!!!!!!!
===
Dear Friends,

We are pleased to announce that after almost 9 years of hard work on the issue of skilled immigration backlogs, we finally have good news to report. The Obama administration has issued an administrative order with reforms to both skilled immigration and other areas where reform was long overdue.

Going forward, it will be easier to use a new provision called “Pre-Register” where employees who have approved labor and I-140 would be able to gain benefits of adjustment of status even when the dates are not current. This has been, by far, the most sought after and in-demand provision for us in last 9 years. Skilled employees would be able to switch jobs, apply for EAD and advance parole and also not have to worry about the new job being the same or similar, as the new administrative order liberalizes the definition of what constitutes same or similar job. In addition to this, the administration is making it possible to port the green-card petition from one employer to another so that applicants do not have to start with labor certification again should their employment end after they are quite far along in the process.

Spouses who are on H-4 visa would be able to apply for work permit and receive EAD via the proposed H-4 EAD rule. Additionally, they will also qualify for an EAD through the pre-registration step with primary applicant of green-card process. This will make life easier for thousands of skilled family members who get left out of opportunities due to H1B quota restrictions.

We stood up for ourselves and started this organization 9 years ago with this goal. Other than additional visa numbers, every single one of our ask-list items has been included in the administrative reform. This has not been easy and it has not been automatic. Democracy operates slowly and certainly for those who stand up for themselves and speak out. This is the fruit of almost a decade of hard work of our organization and the members who’ve dedicated to this cause whole-heartedly, spent enormous amounts of money and stormed the DC policy circles even when there was a smallest ray of hope. We had a silver lining of hope with H.R. 3012, and now, today, we have bright sunny future ahead of us.

One final note, before we start celebrating, we have to be savvy and bold about this issue. We have to speak positively about this with social media, press, policy makers, friends, colleagues and everyone we discuss this with. Please do not get mired into the politically radioactive issue of undocumented immigrants who are also getting a well-deserved relief tonight. They are our brothers and sisters in this struggle and they deserve a break from congressional gridlock too. After all, when their family is hungry, they do not have the luxury of pontificating about the Hastert rule and Senate cloture motion requirements. They needed a break. So did we. And we got it.

With warm regards,
Aman Kapoor
===

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 11-20-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Pappu. Can you let us know what items are in EO out of 8 outlined before?
Contributed $50 for HR3012 campaign in Feb 2012.
Contributed $50 for April 2011 Advocacy day event.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Thank IV

Old 11-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
solarjf11 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Aman Kapoor. This is really a great news. This would have not been possible without your hard work & contribution. Hats off to you. Yeah celebration time!!!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
st_2006 is a name known to all st_2006 is a name known to all st_2006 is a name known to all st_2006 is a name known to all st_2006 is a name known to all st_2006 is a name known to all

Kudos to the leadership team and all volunteers. I'm sure many people may not understand why this is a success but personally for me this is a slap in face for all the naysayers.

Cheers

Old 11-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Immigration voice.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Going forward, it will be easier to use a new provision called “Pre-Register” where employees who have approved labor and I-140 would be able to gain benefits of adjustment of status even when the dates are not current.
===
Thanks, great news!!.

To clarify/confirm, Does this mean a dependent's I-485 can now be filed even when primary's PD isn't current? (For those who got married after their I-485 was applied & dates retrogressed).

And also curious when these new rules take effect. . Thanks again to IV leadership.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you IV core for continuing to truly represent the issues of our community.
checklaw

Old 11-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ryaneerz is on a distinguished road

Aman,

Thank you for your hard work!

On checking #4 on Executive Actions on Immigration | USCIS, I do not see an itemized detail on "pre-registeration". Was this accepted by DHS?

thanks!

Old 11-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thokkalohdi is infamous around these parts

if EAds for i140 approved... then i am feeling like my handcuffs are removed. ...

thanks IV

Old 11-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great news!!!

Congrats to all of IV! Sooooo much hard work, relationship building, long nights, time away from family, careers sacrificed, frustrating events, etc, etc, it was all worth it!

Immigrants coming together (in spite of ourselves), organizing, petitioning the government and making the change happen. When the time was right, IV was there to lead the way and help the Administration do the right things.

GREAT JOB!!!!! So proud to be a supporter of such a great group.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, IV

Old 11-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saintforlife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thokkalohdi View Post
if EAds for i140 approved... then i am feeling like my handcuffs are removed. ...

thanks IV
Truly great work by IV! But is it confirmed that approve I-140 holders without a current PD will get EADs? If so, what is the time frame of this coming to fruition - 2 months, 6 months, 1 year? Does anybody know?

Old 11-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

This is a huge testament to Immigrationvoice and tireless work of its leaderdership team and volunteers. It should make us all proud. What a journey it has been for 9 years. When we started 9 years ago we did not know anything about advocacy. There were sharks everywhere and it seemed difficult. Members who joined the website were scared to even reveal their names or write negatively about a company or lawyer in those days. But it was only a handful of people who were strong willed and during this time, we have brought so much awareness in our community and brought it together to stand up for themselves.

Many people are asking questions about provisions. Some of it is online and some of them do not have full clarity publicly available. There are some who claim to have updates are bullshitting. The fact is Immigrationvoice was at the forefront throughout this advocacy process and the provisions that are accepted are all part of our ask list. We legal immigrants got a really good win in the end and we should be proud of it. We were able to get whatever was mostly possible without changing the law. We have outlined the provisions in our newsletter, Facebook page and some on Immigrationvoice website. Keep visiting the site. Like us on Facebook so that updates get to you sooner.

And lastly, please donate to Immigrationvoice today so that we can put in resources and ensure that these provisions come asap, we get relief, and also include a couple of big items like recapture etc in the next bill. We will also focus on trying to get fast processing for everyone so that the benefits f these provisions come sooner for everyone. For all this we need resources and request you to consider donating today.

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-22-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Qs to Admin/Pappu
"What next".

Today it seems Obama has signed the EO. Soon all the hostages are going to be freed from the system.

When was the last time such a thing happened? It was in 2007 fiasco. The 2007 fiasco resulted in hundreds of thousands getting their EAD and therefore participation in IV decreased after that.

Now we, sorry, you (I dont mean this in a bad way) should expect the same thing to happen, only, more permanently. This is because the game is now changed forever, and getting 1-40 will be like getting GC itself

So my other questions, most respectfully asked --
Now that you have been successful in your core objectives, what next. Do you have anything else stacked up in your pipeline? Or have you been involved in other awesome causes? If so, can you share your new goals with our bunch?

Will you continue to be the voice of expats and new and would-be immigrants? Will you diversify your field of activity? Or would it be too much

What are your thoughts about the future of our community?