Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenappletx View Post
please send comments to USICS questions, mark a copy to Leon and Lori

I have sent like below, it can be used as template but you can modify the wording according. If you like something, feel free to modify your response.

Public.Engagem., Leon.Rodriguez@uscis.dhs.gov, Leon.Rodriguez@dhs.gov, Lori.Scialabba@dhs.gov, uscis
Hi,

Thanks for your email. Pls find my comments to your questions.

What are the most important policy and operational changes that would streamline and improve the process of employment-based beneficiariesí applying for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident while in the United States?

a. What are some ideas for modernizing and improving the immigrant visa process for employment-based beneficiaries?

Comment: 1.Unused Visa recapture 2. counting only primary member for green card, not all f
If

Comment: All I140 approved should be granted
You chose to ignore IV and posted here and other websites . Why?
Don't you trust or did you not read the posts by admin?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

@greenappletx Do you have an agenda against IV or immigrants? On other websites you are advocating people not to follow what IV tells them and write their own emails. It's basically telling not to participate in IV action item and dilute the issue of executive order by sending confusing replies that are off strategy.

Either you are an idiot or someone with ulterior motive to damage executive order benefits to all of us. Have you not forgotten how some people recently posted a draft that was off strategy and was anti immigrant . IV had to tell on Facebook page how it was bad and not helpful for our cause.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
May-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kzs145 is on a distinguished road
Default Email to provide feedback to USCIS

Admin and other senior members of IV,

Following up on last week's post, do you have a list of comments that I can send to USCIS to provide feedback on the fixes they are trying to incorporate?

Thanks in advance.

Karthik.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Before every big announcement or action item, IV becomes very quiet, and that is good. I would give them time to come up with the answers.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aashishkapoor is on a distinguished road
Default completely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Before every big announcement or action item, IV becomes very quiet, and that is good. I would give them time to come up with the answers.

completely agree with this, and this proves IV management are really responsible and share the right information on right time.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spinupol is on a distinguished road

Admin posted in FB group that IV is finalizing the comments and will post soon.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Sometimes no news is good news.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

While we are waiting......

in my daydreaming routine.........

I looked up section INA 204(j) reading between the lines in the USCIS e-mail. Looks like an area to be changed for one of our fixes.

USCIS Question:
"What are the concerns, if any, of Form I-140 petitioning employers with regard to increasing the flexibility of USCISí analysis of INA 204(j) portability?"

INA 204(j):
JOB FLEXIBILITY FOR LONG DELAYED APPLICANTS FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE-

A petition under subsection (a)(1)(D)for an individual whose application for adjustment of status pursuant to section 245 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more shall remain valid with respect to a new job if the individual changes jobs or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job for which the petition was filed.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Seems like IV was busy with meeting Rep Lofgren till yesterday. Hopefully we will be hearing something soon regarding the response to the USCIS questionnaire.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowai View Post
With all due respect to IV'e efforts on this matter, I don't understand why can't we write our own response to USCIS without waiting to copy-paste from someone else's ideas. USICS is asking you as an individual to submit the feedback rather you the group representing the cause. Above all, most of us here are on H1B which is supposed to for high-skilled professionals and it would be a pity if we can't even write the answers for few simple questions.
Please do understand experience counts. IV is a non-profit group which works for the betterment of the group. A recent H1 person may not be able to relate to all the issues, what can affect him. IV with 10+ years of experience is a better platform for collective bargain.

Any body can write code. But to write the code and align with the practice followed in an organization needs some experience. Hope you get the analogy.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
With all due respect to IV'e efforts on this matter, I don't understand why can't we write our own response to USCIS without waiting to copy-paste from someone else's ideas. USICS is asking you as an individual to submit the feedback rather you the group representing the cause. Above all, most of us here are on H1B which is supposed to for high-skilled professionals and it would be a pity if we can't even write the answers for few simple questions.
No one is stopping you from doing whatever you want to do. Please go ahead. There was no reason for you to make a new account and burst out a rant. Best of luck.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Being ' high-skilled professionals' is the real problem why we are all in this big mess.
* Each high-skilled professional thinks they are better than the other and carry BIG egos.

* Each high-skilled professionals is never ready to listen and give respect to an organization that has more experience and knowledge. But each high-skilled professionals is ready to listen to any ABC lawyer and happily give their hard earned money for an advice they can get for free on forums. Sometimes even this paid advice contradicts if you talk on the same issue to different lawyers.

* Each high-skilled professional is very selfish and fragmented. They only think of what is going to immediately help them. they cannot see the big picture. So they are all not united and will never be.

* Each high-skilled professional cannot even articulate themselves in meetings and phone calls. I have been to many meetings and these people who could be good coders or scientists cannot even speak properly. (forget the accent, even the content is so mixed up and confused about the immigration issue).

* Each high-skilled professional has very little knowledge of US politics. They still live in the countries they came from in their mind. Their source of knowledge is just forums. They cannot think beyond that and never want to learn more by taking part in advocacy days and training.

* Each high-skilled professional is living in fear. They create anonymous ID to say something. They will send emails from anonymous email IDs. they will fear coming on TV and newspapers or putting their name out there. ONly .01 % have the courage.

* Each high-skilled professional has very little idea about advocacy and they think writing emails, signing petitions and tweeting will get them greencards. This is very far from reality. Even if we send 1 million unique emails each nothing will happen.

IT IS ONLY IF AN ORGANIZATION THAT REPRESENTS US SENDS EVEN 1 EMAIL, IT WILL CARRY MORE WEIGHT, BECAUSE THE ORGANIZATION 'LOBBIES'. SO EACH OF THEIR EMAIL CARRIES 'POLITICAL CAPITAL'. EMAILS FROM YOU AND ME ARE PLAIN JUNK. SO WHEN IV WILL GIVE US SOMETHING TO COPY PASTE AND SEND IT WILL BE PART OF A STRATEGY. THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN TO OFFICIALS AND GIVEN THEM A WRITTEN REQUEST. THE EMAILS WE WILL SEND THEM WILL CARRY IV NAME AND IT WILL BE TO AUGUMENT THE REQUEST OF IV TO ONLY SHOW HOW MUCH SUPPORT IV HAS IN THE COMMUNITY FOR THE REQUEST.

Got it?

PS you did not have to create a new ID to post it. Do not fear that someone will sully your annonymous id by posting a question.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinupol View Post
Admin posted in FB group that IV is finalizing the comments and will post soon.
Let me clarify why we post such action items: We post action items based on inputs and discussions in DC. Sometimes discussions take time and sometime we get things done without a public action item. Sometimes we talk to other interest groups on different or same sides on an issue. Everything depends on reach and clout. We have been doing this for 10 years and DC knows us well.
Every change happens due to lobbying. If a draft is posted with same content for everyone to email or make a phone call it is part of a well thought plan to support something that is already discussed or in discussion by us in person in DC. Sending individual emails, tweets or Facebook posts will not carry weight or make changes. But if you have an organization to back you up and does lobbying it makes a difference. Every interest group of people in the country are represented and there is a reason for that.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 04-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fowai is infamous around these parts

As again, my post was deleted by IV. What a paranoid group!

Old 04-12-2015, 01:22 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fowai is infamous around these parts
Default Real IV

Oh Mr. Pappu, the thing is you having to clarify is there itself a problem. Its a problem because people like Pappu can be the God matter and declare what they want to say while our posts can vanish in thin air. Basically, "Pappu can't explain sala". But I like the fact that you admit "Every change happens due to lobbying" which is what IV is. Its a lobbyist and not a non-profit organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Let me clarify why we post such action items: We post action items based on inputs and discussions in DC. Sometimes discussions take time and sometime we get things done without a public action item. Sometimes we talk to other interest groups on different or same sides on an issue. Everything depends on reach and clout. We have been doing this for 10 years and DC knows us well.
Every change happens due to lobbying. If a draft is posted with same content for everyone to email or make a phone call it is part of a well thought plan to support something that is already discussed or in discussion by us in person in DC. Sending individual emails, tweets or Facebook posts will not carry weight or make changes. But if you have an organization to back you up and does lobbying it makes a difference. Every interest group of people in the country are represented and there is a reason for that.