Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2015, 12:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhruva12 is on a distinguished road
Default Oh Law should get into Content Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolatilityMaster View Post
Dear Admin,
Oh-Law The Oh Law Firm indicates that the conflict of interests between employers and employees as well as the lack of coordination between advocacy groups are holding fixes for legal immgration back. Could you comment on it ?

==============
04/24/2015: Administrative Reform of Employment-Based Immigration System and Ongoing Struggle Between Employers and Foreign Workers

The USCIS teleconferences this month on the issue of preregistration of adjudstment of permanent residence for approved I-140 and another issue of L-1B reform for nonimmigrant foreign workers have revealed a conflict of interests between the supporters of the employers and the supporters of the foreign worker employees, weakening push for both programs. Obviously, the employers' interest is to recruit and retain temporary foreign workers and to push for reform of nonimmigrant temporary foreign worker programs such as H-1B cap and reform of L-1B program, while the foreign workers' interest is to achieve the freedom in the U.S. labor markets by administrative reform of immigration programs through support for the preregistration of adjustment of permanent residence for the approved I-140 workers and other reforms in the employment-based immigration system, including Visa Bullting allocation management reform of DOS and permanent labor certification program reform of the DOL. Another group focuses on legislative reform instead of administrative reform to achieve elimination of per country numerical limitation for immigrant visa numbers. At this juncture, supporters of the reform of employment-based immigration systems reveal a lack of coordination, in a way hurting or weaking support for each of these reforms. One wonders why all of these reforms cannot be pushed in a coordianted way and at least refrain themselves from opposing any reform program openly, unnecessarily revealing a wound. As stated at the beginning of this posting, no one can deny that there is a conflict of interest at some level among different stakeholders in the employment-based immigration community and businesses. However, it does not mean that these stakeholders cannot work together to achieve their mutual interests together. This is something the employment-based immigrant community and businesses should think about before too late, particularly under the current hostile political environemnt against immigration reforms due to sharp gridlocks and political confrontations in almost any reform programs among the political leaders.
This reporter recalls that before H-4 EAD rule was finalized, some stakeholders kept contacting Congressmen and women when the proceeding was not related to legislation. Such actions one time worked against the H-4 EAD administrative reform efforts as it unnecessarily stirred up political attacks, especially from those legislators supporting labor unions or Conservative Republicans. Eventually, they learned and ceased such activities and helped the process to come to a conclusion through the rule-making process. A valuable lession should have been learned for some stakeholders.
Agreed that they publish Breaking News and Opinion on Immigration, but most of it is purely to get more eyeballs and visits to the site from its targeted base (Which is us)....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2015, 12:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

And their English grammar. I feel sorry for their clients.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Seriously! I have never read more screwed up analysis on any subject. It must be real easy to become immigration attorney. What does it require to become "expert on immigration"? IQ of 29?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolatilityMaster View Post
Dear Admin,
Oh-Law The Oh Law Firm indicates that the conflict of interests between employers and employees as well as the lack of coordination between advocacy groups are holding fixes for legal immgration back. Could you comment on it ?

==============
04/24/2015: Administrative Reform of Employment-Based Immigration System and Ongoing Struggle Between Employers and Foreign Workers

The USCIS teleconferences this month on the issue of preregistration of adjudstment of permanent residence for approved I-140 and another issue of L-1B reform for nonimmigrant foreign workers have revealed a conflict of interests between the supporters of the employers and the supporters of the foreign worker employees, weakening push for both programs. Obviously, the employers' interest is to recruit and retain temporary foreign workers and to push for reform of nonimmigrant temporary foreign worker programs such as H-1B cap and reform of L-1B program, while the foreign workers' interest is to achieve the freedom in the U.S. labor markets by administrative reform of immigration programs through support for the preregistration of adjustment of permanent residence for the approved I-140 workers and other reforms in the employment-based immigration system, including Visa Bullting allocation management reform of DOS and permanent labor certification program reform of the DOL. Another group focuses on legislative reform instead of administrative reform to achieve elimination of per country numerical limitation for immigrant visa numbers. At this juncture, supporters of the reform of employment-based immigration systems reveal a lack of coordination, in a way hurting or weaking support for each of these reforms. One wonders why all of these reforms cannot be pushed in a coordianted way and at least refrain themselves from opposing any reform program openly, unnecessarily revealing a wound. As stated at the beginning of this posting, no one can deny that there is a conflict of interest at some level among different stakeholders in the employment-based immigration community and businesses. However, it does not mean that these stakeholders cannot work together to achieve their mutual interests together. This is something the employment-based immigrant community and businesses should think about before too late, particularly under the current hostile political environemnt against immigration reforms due to sharp gridlocks and political confrontations in almost any reform programs among the political leaders.
This reporter recalls that before H-4 EAD rule was finalized, some stakeholders kept contacting Congressmen and women when the proceeding was not related to legislation. Such actions one time worked against the H-4 EAD administrative reform efforts as it unnecessarily stirred up political attacks, especially from those legislators supporting labor unions or Conservative Republicans. Eventually, they learned and ceased such activities and helped the process to come to a conclusion through the rule-making process. A valuable lession should have been learned for some stakeholders.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h4eadh4 is on a distinguished road
Angry h4 ead rule lawsuit has been filed

h4 ead rule lawsuit has been filed in court

Breaking News - LawSuit Filed on H4 EAD Rule | RESULTS OCEAN

This is Not a good news

Old 04-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4eadh4 View Post
h4 ead rule lawsuit has been filed in court

Breaking News - LawSuit Filed on H4 EAD Rule | RESULTS OCEAN

This is Not a good news
We have been aware of this. There is nothing to be afraid off. Be prepared to fight if it comes to it. EAD for H-4 fix went through full Admin fix process. Government/DOJ has the responsibility to fight this case. And if needed, we might decide to be party to the case if our counsel advices us to take that step to protect EAD for H-4 rule.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
We have been aware of this. There is nothing to be afraid off. Be prepared to fight if it comes to it. EAD for H-4 fix went through full Admin fix process. Government/DOJ has the responsibility to fight this case. And if needed, we might decide to be party to the case if our counsel advices us to take that step to protect EAD for H-4 rule.
Every rules implementation lawsuit involved in process, Obama also have to do like Mr. Bush did, easy way to implement policy by mistake (but is purpose) all dates are current for month and life is good, no lawsuit no court, why wasting time. Bush did 1.5 yrs before election now Obama's turn 1.5 yrs before election.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu View Post
Every rules implementation lawsuit involved in process, Obama also have to do like Mr. Bush did, easy way to implement policy by mistake (but is purpose) all dates are current for month and life is good, no lawsuit no court, why wasting time. Bush did 1.5 yrs before election now Obama's turn 1.5 yrs before election.
Bush's solution was very bad.

The right way to do it would be to change the regulatory structure so that everyone gets EAD after I-140. It might have taken 6 months longer to got through the rule making process, but the benefits would have been much longer lasting.

Bush's solution only helped people who had I-140 approvals prior to 2007. Everybody who came after them was stuck in the same hell.

Do not selfishly forget about the people who will come after you. The benefits of waiting a few months for a proper fix far outweigh the short-term benefits of a Bush type fix.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Bush's solution was very bad.

The right way to do it would be to change the regulatory structure so that everyone gets EAD after I-140. It might have taken 6 months longer to got through the rule making process, but the benefits would have been much longer lasting.

Bush's solution only helped people who had I-140 approvals prior to 2007. Everybody who came after them was stuck in the same hell.

Do not selfishly forget about the people who will come after you. The benefits of waiting a few months for a proper fix far outweigh the short-term benefits of a Bush type fix.
You think it takes six months for this process, u didn't see H4 EAD rules process takes almost 2 years. If they start regulatary process now for 140 for EAD it not finish before Obama left his office.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu View Post
You think it takes six months for this process, u didn't see H4 EAD rules process takes almost 2 years. If they start regulatary process now for 140 for EAD it not finish before Obama left his office.
H4 EAD took a long time because the admin did not want to do anything to jeopardize CIR.

This is a very different scenario. Six months is a reasonable outside estimate. There is a good chance it will get done sooner.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

The employers and attorneys would like nothing better than a Bush type solution.

They recognize that there is so much pressure built up with the backlog that a solution is necessary. It is a forgone conclusion that there is too much pressure for them to keep their current crop of employees enslaved for too much longer.

For the employers and attorneys an adhoc Bush type fix would be ideal since they could start replacing the departing batch of "slaves" with new ones and the cycle would go on until 2022 maybe.

A well thought out regulatory fix that free current and future H1's will be a total nightmare for these guys.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gblast is on a distinguished road
Default H-4 EAD Lawsuit

Below is a posting from Mattew Oh Blog. Please disregard if IV already know about it.

04/28/2015: We Encourage Immigration Support Orgaization to File amicus curiae (Friend of the Court) Briefs in Opposition to H-4 EAD Lawsuit

This is an important lawsuit, not only for H-4 EAD but also the entire administrative immigration reforms by rule-making. It will be very helpful, should American Immigration Council consider filing of amius curie brief in opposition to this lawsuit. Immigration support organizations mysteriously remain silent on this lawsuit.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

gblast why should we take a outsider's advice? Can't we as an advocacy organization think what is good for H4EAD ourselves?
And you are advertising a business by posting it.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:55 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblast View Post
Below is a posting from Mattew Oh Blog. Please disregard if IV already know about it.

04/28/2015: We Encourage Immigration Support Orgaization to File amicus curiae (Friend of the Court) Briefs in Opposition to H-4 EAD Lawsuit

This is an important lawsuit, not only for H-4 EAD but also the entire administrative immigration reforms by rule-making. It will be very helpful, should American Immigration Council consider filing of amius curie brief in opposition to this lawsuit. Immigration support organizations mysteriously remain silent on this lawsuit.
Please spare us from unsolicited advice. Time and again we have made it abundantly clear that we don't trust immigration lawyers in general. So please try not to post any advice of any immigration lawyer for us.

We believe that most immigration lawyers are part of the evil nexus between lawyers and bad employers - to exploit and delay green card petitions of immigrant employees so immigrants employees can be exploited while they are waiting in green card backlogs. That is our beef with immigration lawyers, and we make sure to point that out in every Congressional office and administration. I cannot speak more about immigration lawyers in general without using profanity. So in the interest of maintaining civility on open forum I will stop here.

As par as amicus curiae is concerned, this is NOT about EAD for H-4. This is about who "owns" I-140. According to the current process, employer "owns" I-140. Which is why employee is denied copies of immigration paperwork or decision notices, employer is able to withdraw approved I-140, and immigration lawyers don't tell us any information or give us any paperwork without seeking the permission of the employer. This brief is on our radar for a few weeks now and we are working on it. we suspect lawyer groups (paid by companies) will write to prevent employee "owning" I-140 process, and they will lose.

Last edited by Administrator2; 04-28-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

My post was neither an advertisement not an advise. It was nothing more than a heads-up. I was not even asking for a response. I may be wrong but I thought this information might be useful. I also asked for the info to be disregarded if unnecessary/not useful.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

And thank you Admin for the response/ clarification.