Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblast View Post
My post was neither an advertisement not an advise. It was nothing more than a heads-up. I was not even asking for a response. I may be wrong but I thought this information might be useful. I also asked for the info to be disregarded if unnecessary/not useful.

Nevertheless, when you post a message from another lawyer's website directed at organizations like us, you leave us with no choice but to respond and speak our mind.

This forum is not only for you. There are others who visit and read this forum. We don't want others to misunderstand how we function. Our response was for others who may visit to this thread to read where we stand and what we think about such unsolicited advice, specially from some immigration lawyer.

And BTW, this notice for briefing has been out for more than 20 days now. How is 20 days late be called as "heads-up"?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gblast is on a distinguished road

Dear Admin,
I understand, now, the reasons that made you respond to my post. And as I said earlier - thank you for your response/ clarification.
Again, I mentioned in my original post that you may have already known about it (as is the case most of the times). I saw it was posted today on the other blog and thought it was something new they were planning and hence brought it to your attention.

Thanks.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stan1IV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
The employers and attorneys would like nothing better than a Bush type solution.

They recognize that there is so much pressure built up with the backlog that a solution is necessary. It is a forgone conclusion that there is too much pressure for them to keep their current crop of employees enslaved for too much longer.

For the employers and attorneys an adhoc Bush type fix would be ideal since they could start replacing the departing batch of "slaves" with new ones and the cycle would go on until 2022 maybe.

A well thought out regulatory fix that free current and future H1's will be a total nightmare for these guys.
True!!

This is what I was thinking as well. Best case we will get a temporary slot opening for few weeks. Clear off the old slaves and bring in the new slaves!!

Old 04-28-2015, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Do I need to fill below forms for dependents as well ? I am assuming but just want to sure.

I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
G-325A: Biographic Information
I-765: Application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
I-131: Application for Travel Document (AP)
I-693: Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
///I-864: Affidavit of Support, required if filing for dependents

Old 04-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Do I need to fill below forms for dependents as well ? I am assuming but just want to sure.

I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
G-325A: Biographic Information
I-765: Application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
I-131: Application for Travel Document (AP)
I-693: Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
///I-864: Affidavit of Support, required if filing for dependents
Could you please post your question in the appropriate thread for - Questions and Answers on How to file Adjustment Of Status:

Questions and Answers on How to file Adjustment Of Status - Immigration Voice (Questions and Answers on How to file Adjustment Of Status)

Old 04-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Could you please post your question in the appropriate thread for - Questions and Answers on How to file Adjustment Of Status:

Questions and Answers on How to file Adjustment Of Status - Immigration Voice (Questions and Answers on How to file Adjustment Of Status)
Sorry. I posted it there.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Please spare us from unsolicited advice. Time and again we have made it abundantly clear that we don't trust immigration lawyers in general. So please try not to post any advice of any immigration lawyer for us.

We believe that most immigration lawyers are part of the evil nexus between lawyers and bad employers - to exploit and delay green card petitions of immigrant employees so immigrants employees can be exploited while they are waiting in green card backlogs. That is our beef with immigration lawyers, and we make sure to point that out in every Congressional office and administration. I cannot speak more about immigration lawyers in general without using profanity. So in the interest of maintaining civility on open forum I will stop here.

As par as amicus curiae is concerned, this is NOT about EAD for H-4. This is about who "owns" I-140. According to the current process, employer "owns" I-140. Which is why employee is denied copies of immigration paperwork or decision notices, employer is able to withdraw approved I-140, and immigration lawyers don't tell us any information or give us any paperwork without seeking the permission of the employer. This brief is on our radar for a few weeks now and we are working on it. we suspect lawyer groups (paid by companies) will write to prevent employee "owning" I-140 process, and they will lose.
Admin hits the nail in the head. They must lose!

I know many people who are at the verge of a layoff with H1 terms ending and the employer "owning" the I-140 will not provide a copy. Hope we win!

Old 04-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indianoptimist123 is on a distinguished road
Default Please guide

Thank you IV for this wonderful news about AOS filing. But there are a few of us who are going to miss this wonderful opportunity because of not having 140 with current company. In our case, my husband changed company last year after waiting more than 10 years for a better opportunity. We are still waiting for our new perm to be filed. Our old priority date is 2007. So is there any hope for us? Or is this it? We were hoping to get ead with pre-registration. Please guide us. Losing all hope. Some days are hard.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

As far as i understand, this is not a one time flood gate opening event like in 2007.
One should be able to apply for EAD whenever his i140 is approved, once this is official.
(Of course this is just my interpretation of what is out there.)

Old 04-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indianoptimist123 is on a distinguished road
Default Than you

Thank you Flying Crow.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianoptimist123 View Post
Thank you Flying Crow.
I would wait for something from Administrator2 - I don't think the details of the fixes are public knowledge (or even decided yet).

Old 04-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of information has been posted in a bunch of threads and people should definitely read them to understand the process of fixes and bill.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow newsletter...

IV Newsletter Links - Immigration Voice (IV Newsletter Links)

Old 05-01-2015, 03:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ynrao24 is infamous around these parts

Heads Up!

We wanted to provide you with a heads up about the upcoming positive announcement on Monday (5/4) so that you don't miss it. If you care for the green card backlog fixes and high-skilled immigration you do not want to miss this upcoming announcement.

Thanks,
Immigration Voice

Old 05-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2012
Compare
ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to understand the purpose of a heads-up email at this juncture, when IV leadership does not want to share any details. Whats the point ? Why not send detailed update mail after 5/4 (which is only 3 days away) ? Communication strategy needs to be improved by Aman & Co.
The email gives a feeling that someone wants to be a hero and that this is a desperate attempt to claim credit. Nothing else.

I am only writing this, because I believe IV's work is too good.. and want it to succeed.
Regards !

HR3012 Wiki | | |