Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thokkalohdi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi.shah View Post
I fail to understand the purpose of a heads-up email at this juncture, when IV leadership does not want to share any details. Whats the point ? Why not send detailed update mail after 5/4 (which is only 3 days away) ? Communication strategy needs to be improved by Aman & Co.
The email gives a feeling that someone wants to be a hero and that this is a desperate attempt to claim credit. Nothing else.

I am only writing this, because I believe IV's work is too good.. and want it to succeed.
Regards !
i dont see any issue with that... it increases participation of people who are not aware of IV and are after some stupid law forums... me giving updates to my friends ahead of time in last few months, and they kept asking me where i got those news and i said IV and they atleast are looking at it now regularly... if they believe they might donate or participate when there is action item.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi.shah View Post
I fail to understand the purpose of a heads-up email at this juncture, when IV leadership does not want to share any details. Whats the point ? Why not send detailed update mail after 5/4 (which is only 3 days away) ? Communication strategy needs to be improved by Aman & Co.
The email gives a feeling that someone wants to be a hero and that this is a desperate attempt to claim credit. Nothing else.

I am only writing this, because I believe IV's work is too good.. and want it to succeed.
Regards !
I think it is a good strategy. Until now people used to think there is no point meeting lawmakers in person or donating to IV. All they need to do is sign some online petition, create a facebook page, track and predict, lick some lawyers a$$ and that is all. Now all that has changed. IV showed that they did the HR312 bill progress, got the H4 EAD fix done, and now something else will be done. This is good, motivates people and also educate them that in order to fix something you need Immigration voice and Immigration voice alone.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Correct Strategy

Yes 100 % correct strategy. Just wait until Monday May 04,2015. Do not make unwanted comments like Aman & Co. No one in IV wants to be hero. Now HR 213 has 29 co-sponsors. Not happening magically. Very hard working IV volunteers are behind the scenes. Again Please do not post unwanted comments like ravi.shah

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
I think it is a good strategy. Until now people used to think there is no point meeting lawmakers in person or donating to IV. All they need to do is sign some online petition, create a facebook page, track and predict, lick some lawyers a$$ and that is all. Now all that has changed. IV showed that they did the HR312 bill progress, got the H4 EAD fix done, and now something else will be done. This is good, motivates people and also educate them that in order to fix something you need Immigration voice and Immigration voice alone.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
Yes 100 % correct strategy. Just wait until Monday May 04,2015. Do not make unwanted comments like Aman & Co. No one in IV wants to be hero. Now HR 213 has 29 co-sponsors. Not happening magically. Very hard working IV volunteers are behind the scenes. Again Please do not post unwanted comments like ravi.shah
True. It is very easy to identify people who have some axe to grind against a pro immigrant worker organization. 'Aman & Co' was the word that gave it away. Anti-immigrants are not just from anti-IV groups. But also people who own consulting companies that exploit workers, their employees/agents who recruit workers, websites groups that run businesses like trackers and predictors or some other business that rely on more immigrants visiting their website to purchase something. Sometimes it is people who are just greencard holders who now hate people behind them etc.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvik16 is on a distinguished road
Default IV's work

What is everyone else doing other than IV ? Nothing. Instead of banding together and fighting the slave drivers it useless fighting each other. I did my bit ( donated / called my congressman / senator). Please be constructive and not an impediment.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvik16 View Post
What is everyone else doing other than IV ? Nothing. Instead of banding together and fighting the slave drivers it useless fighting each other. I did my bit ( donated / called my congressman / senator). Please be constructive and not an impediment.
Well said.

Let me start by contributing in anticipation for the good news. I just contributed $200 Paypal Transaction ID: 4XN762424U1697406 and pledge to contribute another $200 me+$100 my brother on Monday after the announcement once we have a matching $500 total from others on the forum. This is our family's contribution and appreciation of the work IV is doing.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in IV advocacy day in Washington DC last year they told me on their progress made on H4 EAD rule. I asked questions and was happy that had been doing meetings on H4 people. IV posted announcement news 2 days before H4EAD came. So this time too its something cooking. This will be another feather in the cap for immigrationvoice after H4EAD rule recently.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karthiksubbu is on a distinguished road

Good Work!

Old 05-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthiksubbu View Post
Good Work!
suspense drama is bigger than Hitchcock movie

Old 05-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2012
Compare
ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute ravi.shah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
Murthy - thats exactly the point i was trying to make. IV just had to WAIT until Monday May 04, 2015. Why heads up 3 days earlier and have people play the rumor game ?

As always, committed and thankful to IV for its role. Hope it gets 100% success !
Anyways, as for me personally... i'll just wait and no longer visit IV until Monday
Good luck to all.
Regards!

HR3012 Wiki | | |

Old 05-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bobby123 is on a distinguished road

Seems GC backlogs to me from this couple of posts:

This Single Reform Would Improve the U.S. Immigration System and Grow the Economy|Herbie Ziskend

Peters Leads Effort to Clear 'Green Card' Backlog - Times of San Diego

Old 05-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jay R is on a distinguished road

05/01/2015: Seventy-Nine (79) Members of the House Asked the President to Recapture Past Unused Immigrant Visa Numbers Administratively Without Delays

On March 16, 2015, a large group of the members of the House of Representatives sent a letter to the President that visa recapture is an essential part of fixing the country's broken immigration system and we need a progress toward the goal of recapturing and reallocating all previously unused visas without legislation. They reminded the President that he announced as part of the immigration actions that one of the reform he wanted to modernize immigration system was to ensure that administrative policies, practices, and systems use all of the immigrant visa numbers that the Congress provided for and intended to be issued, consistant with demand. They asked the President to modernize our immigration visa inefficiencies by recapturuing all previously unused green cards.
In fact, the USCIS Director confirmed earlier that the USCIS had been working with the U.S. Department of State to modernize the immigration visa managment and improvement. Without doubt, the way to increase allocation of increased numbers of immigrant visas more or less expeditiously in one form or another must have been part of the reform they have been looking into. In this regard, the letter of this group of the House members will add an increased pressure on the White House to come forward with its plan for this reform as soon as possible. Another source of reallocation of immigrant visas which they should look into is to allocate unused immigrant visa numbers in other immigration preference categories or other countries to the visa preference categories and countries that are currently clogged with no light at the end of the tunner in each fiscal year. Combination of these two levels of recature of unused visa numbers will allow to remove visa number retrogression in the employment-based immigration system.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

http://scottpeters.house.gov/sites/s...klog_31615.pdf

Old 05-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
Another source of reallocation of immigrant visas which they should look into is to allocate unused immigrant visa numbers in other immigration preference categories or other countries to the visa preference categories and countries that are currently clogged with no light at the end of the tunner in each fiscal year. Combination of these two levels of recature of unused visa numbers will allow to remove visa number retrogression in the employment-based immigration system.
OH law has no clue. The above option is called spillover and it happens very year. That's how EB2 I PD moves in the last quarter every year. This shows how ignorant and clueless some Immigration Lawyers are!

Old 05-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
OH law has no clue. The above option is called spillover and it happens very year. That's how EB2 I PD moves in the last quarter every year. This shows how ignorant and clueless some Immigration Lawyers are!
I understand only first paragraph interest me