Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
babapranab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi.shah View Post
I fail to understand the purpose of a heads-up email at this juncture, when IV leadership does not want to share any details. Whats the point ? Why not send detailed update mail after 5/4 (which is only 3 days away) ? Communication strategy needs to be improved by Aman & Co.
The email gives a feeling that someone wants to be a hero and that this is a desperate attempt to claim credit. Nothing else.

I am only writing this, because I believe IV's work is too good.. and want it to succeed.
Regards !
There is nothing wrong in giving heads up, this will give more awareness to people like you and me and many others.

No one else other than Aman & co has worked hard enough for all changes that you see now.

Remember that Aman & co has nothing to gain by this reforms, they have all they need to work and stay in this country. Please grow up and learn to appreciate people working for some great cause that is going to benefit people like you and me. Please do not show your true colors.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2015, 04:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maxpayne1 is on a distinguished road
Default I-140 approved and laid off while outside the US before filing H1B extension

Hello Administrator2 and other IV senior members,

First off, I wanted to say that all your efforts are much appreciated.

I have a question regarding the potential upcoming administrative fixes. My I-140 was still pending when I was at the end of my 6th year on H1B (after all the recaptured time) and as a result, I had to leave the US to go work at one of my company's international locations. The plan was to work outside the US until my I-140 and 3 year H1B (based on approved I-140) were approved and then come back into the US on the new H1B. While outside the US, my I-140 was approved, but shortly after that, I was laid off due to reduction in work force at my company. So needless to say, there is no way they can proceed with the H1B (based on approved I-140) now. I was wondering if the upcoming fixes would allow me to re-enter the US (based on my approved I-140) through consular processing. I realize most of these fixes pertain to Adjustment of Status and EAD/AP for people already in the US. Does anybody know if there is anything in the fixes that would help my situation at all? Will I be eligible to apply for an EAD (or its equivalent) through consular processing?

Thanks.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpayne1 View Post
Hello Administrator2 and other IV senior members,

First off, I wanted to say that all your efforts are much appreciated.

I have a question regarding the potential upcoming administrative fixes. My I-140 was still pending when I was at the end of my 6th year on H1B (after all the recaptured time) and as a result, I had to leave the US to go work at one of my company's international locations. The plan was to work outside the US until my I-140 and 3 year H1B (based on approved I-140) were approved and then come back into the US on the new H1B. While outside the US, my I-140 was approved, but shortly after that, I was laid off due to reduction in work force at my company. So needless to say, there is no way they can proceed with the H1B (based on approved I-140) now. I was wondering if the upcoming fixes would allow me to re-enter the US (based on my approved I-140) through consular processing. I realize most of these fixes pertain to Adjustment of Status and EAD/AP for people already in the US. Does anybody know if there is anything in the fixes that would help my situation at all? Will I be eligible to apply for an EAD (or its equivalent) through consular processing?

Thanks.
Very interesting question, Do not know. May be someone else here knows

Old 05-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by babapranab View Post
There is nothing wrong in giving heads up, this will give more awareness to people like you and me and many others.

No one else other than Aman & co has worked hard enough for all changes that you see now.

Remember that Aman & co has nothing to gain by this reforms, they have all they need to work and stay in this country. Please grow up and learn to appreciate people working for some great cause that is going to benefit people like you and me. Please do not show your true colors.
Good question Ravi, and I would try to answer

The way it works in US is that there are many organizations for immigration including IV which works closely with administration. IV is the only one having goal of eliminating eb green card backlog. When some announcement has to happen, the organizations which white house administration trusts are briefed ahead on what is coming. If there was no value in doing so, why would white house bother to do so ? It shows that administration trusts certain organizations and want those organizations to give "heads up" to their members so that members feel that their organization is in the know of things and working in right direction. Before this, there were many instances including November executive actions and h4 ead where we were able to give correct heads up and those who are attacking right now did not choose to give credit for that. Is not that unfair ? That to me shows that their agenda is to criticize IV when something goes wrong and go in hiding when something does happen.