Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008candid View Post
You don't know what you are talking about. Or you are just trying to create a sensational headline out of nothing. I seriously doubt your education credentials. By posting eligibility criteria for eb3 and eb2 you are making a claim. People are not fools here. You need to spend some more time on immigration matters and understand.
You maybe a genuinely innocent person and if that is the case be aware quickly. Your employer could exploit you if you do not have any understanding of immigration matters.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Here are a few more questions we have received. We will continue to respond and share information as we are able:
  1. What the details on the expansion are for OPT and changes to L1? Folks in our community are affected by these and little details exist.
  2. How is “same or similar” being defined by the new EO? Is this implemented just based on issuing a memo or does it require rule making? What is the time-frame we are expecting for this?
  3. Porting of green card application across employers - how will it work? Rule-making or memo? Time-frame?
  4. Filing AOS process for getting EAD/AP after getting approved 140 - details and time frame.
  5. Sharing of GC paperwork with employees - any updates on this and time frame for implementation?
  6. EAD/AP for H4 dependents - expected time-frame?
  7. Can future president override our provisions?
  8. What is expected from the OPT reforms? Does it means longer OPT or EAD after OPT or what exactly will be the form and shape of this order and time-frame for being implemented? Also does it also allows people in H1 and OPT to set up their own enterprises and work for it? Another question, if OPT is for more months or EAD given (if H1 doesn't get through lottery) then can they go to their respective home country to get the visa stamped?
  9. What are the chances/potential for the President's EO changes being blocked by a Republican controlled Congress starting January 1st 2015.
  10. There is no mention of ' Adjustment of status' in DHS memo http://www.dhs.gov/.../14_1120_memo_...ss_actions.pdf
    Should we expect another memo from DHS about same?
  11. Will the AOS rule be proposed or interim? This was one of the questions asked to me.
  12. What is the distinction between H-4 getting EAD and file AOS. Aren't these arriving at the same end result? A distinction between these two provisions will be helpful. This one came up thrice today in our community
  13. Details about Auto extension of EAD/AP. When and how?
  14. Somebody who has cleared I140, if he joins a new Job in the same EB category(assuming the AOS rule is still in the making ) does he has to do labor and I-140 again with the new employer?
  15. If somebody in EB category get 485 denial but he/she has US citizen kid, what will happen to those parents?
  16. If somebody is changing job with I-140 approved already, he/she doesn't have to restart the process if he is moving in same EB category only. If he/she wants to file in EB2 in new company then does he/she needs to restart the whole process as we are doing now?
  17. What is the probability of the EO being reversed, by the House or by a next President?
  18. What does Visa Modernization means in Section 1 part (ii)? Is it referring to Visa Recapture after 120 days?
  19. What is Executive Action and what is Regulatory Action?
  20. The previous EAD-for-H4 proposal was for those in the sixth year, have 140 approved etc. Is this still true? Or is EAD-for-H4 now valid for ALL?
IV team

Just wanted to add one more question , many of us will be due for renewal of H1 in 2015, so do we need to renew the H1 while we are waiting for EAD once the rule comes out ? what are the conditions under which we need to renew the H1 with our I 140 approved ?

Old 12-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
You don't know what you are talking about. Or you are just trying to create a sensational headline out of nothing. I seriously doubt your education credentials. By posting eligibility criteria for eb3 and eb2 you are making a claim. People are not fools here. You need to spend some more time on immigration matters and understand.
You maybe a genuinely innocent person and if that is the case be aware quickly. Your employer could exploit you if you do not have any understanding of immigration matters.
You have some attitude problem, that't what I found from your many posts. That is not your issue, it is a nature, some people cannot change, that I am leaving to you..

My educational credentials are not very good 3 year Indian degree + some diploma, didn't get time to study further, started to work 20 years ago in computer, not sure if you saw computer that time, still not in managerial position. To be honest with you I seriously doubt if I can find a job in India, that's what I am here in EB3 queue. Last night I found above conversation in some other forum and thought people like you in IV will have good knowledge about immigration and your advice may be helpful to ignorant like me.. Please share your expert knowledge if that won't cause much stress to you..
Thank you...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_nagi@yahoo.com View Post
IV team

Just wanted to add one more question , many of us will be due for renewal of H1 in 2015, so do we need to renew the H1 while we are waiting for EAD once the rule comes out ? what are the conditions under which we need to renew the H1 with our I 140 approved ?
You should seek legal advice from your lawyer. If I were you I would continue to renew my H1 or any other status under the current system until the new regulations take affect and until I have new status documents per the new regulation.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You should seek legal advice from your lawyer. If I were you I would continue to renew my H1 or any other status under the current system until the new regulations take affect and until I have new status documents per the new regulation.
Is this applicable to EAD for H-4? Because earlier you said that EAD for H-4 will be done in Dec/Jan and regulations will take 6-7 months.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Is this applicable to EAD for H-4? Because earlier you said that EAD for H-4 will be done in Dec/Jan and regulations will take 6-7 months.
What we meant to say is that you should only consider leaving (or changing) your current status when the law allows you to change to another status and you have documents to show another status, whatever that status might be.

Yes, EAD for H-4 is still expected in Dec/Jan timeframe and after the change takes effect, anyone who is eligible should apply for EAD to work. However, anyone on H-4 will continue to be on H-4 status and the status of the person will not change in spite of the EAD.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IV

Thanks for the reponse.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
YouAreSoStupid is infamous around these parts YouAreSoStupid is infamous around these parts YouAreSoStupid is infamous around these parts YouAreSoStupid is infamous around these parts YouAreSoStupid is infamous around these parts YouAreSoStupid is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_nagi@yahoo.com View Post
IV

Thanks for the reponse.
This Immigration Executive Order is so stupid. I am a lawyer for a large company. Obama should have only increase H-1 visas. Why did he have to change all this system. It was going to well for everyone (meaning me).

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreSoStupid View Post
This Immigration Executive Order is so stupid. I am a lawyer for a large company. Obama should have only increase H-1 visas. Why did he have to change all this system. It was going to well for everyone (meaning me).
Here comes Mr Gruber aka immigration liar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts
Smile

Quote:
What we meant to say is that you should only consider leaving (or changing) your current status when the law allows you to change to another status and you have documents to show another status, whatever that status might be.

Yes, EAD for H-4 is still expected in Dec/Jan timeframe and after the change takes effect, anyone who is eligible should apply for EAD to work. However, anyone on H-4 will continue to be on H-4 status and the status of the person will not change in spite of the EAD.

Hope this helps.
Hi admn,
Whats the different between comprehensive reform & piecemeal reform for employment base green-card, any specific major different? Because looks next year (2015) Republicans introduce piecemeal immigration reform.
thanks....

Old 12-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post

Why are you so bitter in your response? Take a deep breath and be nice to people.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this was raised. Do not know the rational behind the change in USCIS policy specific to not the extend the I-693 validity with an Administrative memo like in the past. The AOS applicants are already in the USA and they already filed I-693. Is there any option to request to review this change to policy. This is unnecessarly introducing another bump in terms of time and also costs to applicants. Can we request to consider to extent the validity to a longer time or this something we need to get used to live with if this decision was made due to some valid reasons. Does IV core have any insights into this.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post
Not sure if this was raised. Do not know the rational behind the change in USCIS policy specific to not the extend the I-693 validity with an Administrative memo like in the past. The AOS applicants are already in the USA and they already filed I-693. Is there any option to request to review this change to policy. This is unnecessarly introducing another bump in terms of time and also costs to applicants. Can we request to consider to extent the validity to a longer time or this something we need to get used to live with if this decision was made due to some valid reasons. Does IV core have any insights into this.

This idea and it might have been possible if you would have brought this up a few months back. Now its done. EO was in the making for years. Now it is done. This is not the beginning, but the end of what will be in the new system now created by USICS. We will not hesitate to bring this up at the next opportunity, however, the likelihood is very slim. Please note that timing is everything.

Many months back we repeatedly requested for ideas for admin fixes from everyone. At that time, not you specifically, but folks in general, were busy taking about their LUDs, wasting time over online forums across the internet. People don't realize that wasting time online tracking other people's applications, unless speculations over movement of dates and wasteful discussions, all this yields nothing. For your own good, we request you to be connected with advocacy, provide input when requested (in a timely manner) and care for the fixing the process. This investment will lead to more fulfilling journey. Otherwise its a shame to provide good ideas after the fact.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the updates. This particular one was officially announced only in June 2014.
USCIS Issues New Policy on Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record | USCIS
Some of the applicants including me got RFE's for medical in late Spring/Summer and filed a response prior to this memo was released on the policy change in June 2014. Any change to this now will not benefit me or early applicants like me. But this will definitely help the future applicants.

My proposal is, if another opportunity is there to propose new ideas that might help the immigrant community, if this could be raised.

With the implementation of the Executive Orders, looking at the proposals - In the near time many might file AOS / I-485 in some form, however from what I understand and also reading IV analysis, removing dependents + re-capture relief have to come through congress via legislative reform. Unless this happens many are looking at a long wait (but better quality of life while waiting compared to what it is now via EO..) and might have to file an updated I-693 again after an RFE that could add another hurdle to jump and loss of time. Again, if CDC forced to reverse for any reasons due to various facts from historic data, then it might not be considered to extend, but if there is an option defined to file the I-693 once date is current, instead waiting till RFE might help as well.

I will support other initiatives to the extent I can. Though I agree with most IV's positions, I differ with a very few. I do understand, any initiative taken to help a group might not be 100% in sync to one individuals ideas. The broader actions while it helps many new applicants, etc.. also help ease the the backlog in EB3-I category particularly, unless a recapture or removal of dependent, nothing will have a direct impact. Given that the playing field also changing by the hour and day and the pressing issue today might not be the issue of concern tomorrow. Anything small or big that makes this process in better.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
solarjf11 is on a distinguished road

The President’s Immigration Accountability Executive Actions & Their Impact on Asian American Immigrant Communities.

FACT SHEET: The President’s Immigration Accountability Executive Actions & Their Impact on Asian American Immigrant Communities | The White House