Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Rubio’s ‘guest-worker’ bill would expand Disney-style layoffs
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2015, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsr_am is on a distinguished road

bumped into this today. John Boehner pledge: Immigration reform top of agenda

while we continue with our calls/followups/meets for co-sponsorship, coming straight from the speaker could mean something. perhaps the EB-5 ?? (last time around when 3012 was help up in senate, it was due to some irish related issue, no?)

Old 07-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr_am View Post
bumped into this today. John Boehner pledge: Immigration reform top of agenda

while we continue with our calls/followups/meets for co-sponsorship, coming straight from the speaker could mean something. perhaps the EB-5 ?? (last time around when 3012 was help up in senate, it was due to some irish related issue, no?)
He has history of saying that throughout 2013 and 2014. Our focus should continue to be on 213.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
He has history of saying that throughout 2013 and 2014. Our focus should continue to be on 213.
That's exactly right.

The Republican's are under pressure to do something on immigration - especially high skilled immigration.

The question is, are they going to do an H1 bill or our bill?

Articles like the one you posted earlier (Rubio’s ‘guest-worker’ bill would expand Disney-style layoffs) make HR.213 a much easier sell.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhsarp View Post
Rep. Chris Stewart's agreed to support. But I think I have to follow up with him over the next couple of weeks to ensure that he signs up as a Co-sponsor.
I'm just curious. What's the process for a Rep. to Co-sponsor an existing bill?
If you are still around and following this thread - now is a good time to send out a "thank you" letter to the Rep and ask him if he has been able to come to a decision on co-sponsoring.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gccommando is on a distinguished road

what difference does this would make....some body will be ready to block it

Old 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccommando View Post
what difference does this would make....some body will be ready to block it
Can you clarify your question?

Old 07-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

iam just saying any fruitful bill to the EB community doesn't pass the house with out its share of hurdles and delays...passing both senate and house is a herculean task with out a bipartisan agreement. we been seeing this for ages..

Old 07-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

just lobbying a few senators or congressmen from a party to present a bill wouldnt work.Coordinating the members of both house and senate from both parties to agree to this bill would do the job.Until then this is just a lamp of hope

Old 07-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
iam just saying any fruitful bill to the EB community doesn't pass the house with out its share of hurdles and delays...passing both senate and house is a herculean task with out a bipartisan agreement. we been seeing this for ages..
Passing any bill is a huge pain in the ass - it doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

HR.213 is bi-partisan - it has both Republican's and Democrats on there.

Things aren't as close to as hopeless as you imply - they are actually looking pretty good. HR.213 is bi-partisan, no H1 bill will get any Democratic co-sponsors - you can look at the SKILS visa act which died in the 113th congress as an example.

The ideal (and most probable) outcome for us, is this small bill doesn't even get looked at as an immigration bill (because it changes no visa numbers) and quietly gets a vote in the near future because of the sheer number of co-sponsors.

The fallback options include, the Republican's feeling the heat to pass something immigration related and HR.213 is something they can point to. There are other options that I do not want to go into at this time.

Either way, things look good for this bill - we just need more co-sponsors - which we are gathering (with your help).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
just lobbying a few senators or congressmen from a party to present a bill wouldnt work.Coordinating the members of both house and senate from both parties to agree to this bill would do the job.Until then this is just a lamp of hope
Why thank you - thank you for your advice!

I am sure it comes from a deep insight gained from years of lobbying and many dozens of bills that have become law thanks to your good efforts.

We are truly honored to have experienced lobbyists like you on our August forums dispensing advice.

I am happy to tell you that we do have a strategy for the senate, however said strategy is predicated on getting the bill through the house. We aren't irresponsible clueless idiots who don't know how a bill becomes law. If you don't believe me, you should check this out.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When you were at school, did you pass from grade 1 to 12 on the same day? Or did you go step by step? And growing up along the way did it occur to you to give up schooling because you might not pass in 9th grade as your neighbor did not make it?

Exactly the same way, this is step by step exercise. Not all grades have to passed together or on the same day, because that would be a setup for failure. Just because you believe that someone will put a hold doesnt mean that IV needs to give up. You can continue to believe whatever you want. Only those achieve success who refuse to give up and the success is the result of repeated attempts.

You can continue to not do anything in life thinking someone else will destroy it, so whats the use. Clearly folks at IV seem to think otherwise

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ManjeetKohli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

Either way, things look good for this bill - we just need more co-sponsors - which we are gathering (with your help).

How many more co-sponsors are needed?

Thanks

Old 07-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManjeetKohli View Post

Thanks
Read my post here

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManjeetKohli View Post

Thanks
Number of cosponsors doesn't matter here. HR3012 went to the floor with only 11 cosponsors. Situation was different then than now. Right now we have 39 cosponsors with many more pledged. It will depend upon the sponsoring member (here Rep. Chaffetz) to take the call. Until then, we must call the members who are inclined to, yet unsure so that we can maximize the numbers. More the merrier, and lesser the chance of losing (which I think is already very low).