Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

There are no absolute numbers of cosponsors that would define the smooth passage of a bill. More cosponsors we can add to this bill, the stronger this bill will be before going to the floor. With the latest set of numbers we already have 10% or more of the house as cosponsors, imagine if we can get that share to 20% or more, then when this bill goes to the floor, it will be easier for their colleagues to vote for this bill.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ne9897 is on a distinguished road
Default TX congressmen

So I am trying to do my share and called the congressman for districts 1-10. I was able to speak to Ted Poe since I am from his district and he assured me of his support on this and said that historically he has always supported such causes. He said he will think abotu co-sponsoring.
For meetings, is it better to meet the congressman of your own district or do they meet everyone?

Old 07-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne9897 View Post
So I am trying to do my share and called the congressman for districts 1-10. I was able to speak to Ted Poe since I am from his district and he assured me of his support on this and said that historically he has always supported such causes. He said he will think abotu co-sponsoring.
For meetings, is it better to meet the congressman of your own district or do they meet everyone?
Meet everyone you can - unless they explicitly tell you otherwise. The assumption is if you can make it down to the district office - you are from the district.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Also, thank you for reaching out to Ted Poe. You are making a difference - our presence in the Houston area is weak. Most IV ppl from TX are from the Dallas Metroplex.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenappletx is infamous around these parts

I have called up Rep.Marchant (TX-24) and spoke his office staff, he assured that he will convey my message of co-sponsor and support to HR213. I am asking my friends, local colleagues, traveling colleagues to do the same, hope with IV and others support, this would become into law.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenappletx View Post
I have called up Rep.Marchant (TX-24) and spoke his office staff, he assured that he will convey my message of co-sponsor and support to HR213. I am asking my friends, local colleagues, traveling colleagues to do the same, hope with IV and others support, this would become into law.
Thank you. Volume is good - but persistence is much more valuable.

Please followup regularly. If you don't get the desired results in a few weeks, feel free to drive up to the district office to find out whats going on (i.e. "see if there is anything you can do help the congressman come to a decision").

Thank you again for your good work.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Microsoft Lays Off Thousands While Demanding More H1-B Visas | The Daily Caller

Old 07-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
alinashah is on a distinguished road

hi, i m new here, i find this site very well. all guise are doing well. best of luck and well wishes for all of you.

Get amazing collection of Ready Made Bedroom Curtains and enjoy comfortable life.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Following up on phone calls

Most of the time when I call, I speak to someone in the staff who pick up the call, asks for my concern/reason for the call and says they will pass on the message. They take my name and address. Sometimes they put me on hold to find out if they know the Congressman's take on HR213. They come back and say they dont know yet, decision has not been made but they will tell him my thoughts.
Help me formulate a follow up call after say 3 days or so to the same office. Very likely someone else would pick up the phone. What do I say? What can I say to continue from my last conversation that can help it steer in the right direction?

Old 07-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
phoenixwings is on a distinguished road
Default 43 Sponsors Now!

43 Sponsors for H.R 213 today!!

Old 07-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Most of the time when I call, I speak to someone in the staff who pick up the call, asks for my concern/reason for the call and says they will pass on the message. They take my name and address. Sometimes they put me on hold to find out if they know the Congressman's take on HR213. They come back and say they dont know yet, decision has not been made but they will tell him my thoughts.
Help me formulate a follow up call after say 3 days or so to the same office. Very likely someone else would pick up the phone. What do I say? What can I say to continue from my last conversation that can help it steer in the right direction?
The key is to always talk to the same staffer. As soon as you call in make sure you ask to speak to someone on immigration policy (when talking to DC office). When you call in again, ask for that guy by name.

It takes a long time to get sponsorship. We estimate 50-100 followups on average. If you want to escalate, you can visit the District office - ask them if there is anything you can do to clear any doubts the congressman might have - like say meet him.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
The key is to always talk to the same staffer. As soon as you call in make sure you ask to speak to someone on immigration policy (when talking to DC office). When you call in again, ask for that guy by name.

It takes a long time to get sponsorship. We estimate 50-100 followups on average. If you want to escalate, you can visit the District office - ask them if there is anything you can do to clear any doubts the congressman might have - like say meet him.
Thanks. I knew I was missing something. Hopefully future calls will be more effective.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
InLineForGC is on a distinguished road

Not to undermine efforts by IV but just wanted to share and get some insight into what are the facts:

D.C.’s favorite time-wasting scam: Cosponsoring bills - Salon.com

Old 07-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road
Default Immigration Reform 2015: Obama Executive Action Lawsuit Heads Back To Court

If the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals does grant O the right to legalize up to 5 million illegals, would did rebuff our effort?

Old 07-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLineForGC View Post
Not to undermine efforts by IV but just wanted to share and get some insight into what are the facts:

D.C.ís favorite time-wasting scam: Cosponsoring bills - Salon.com
Facts are:
  1. That is an empirical study on bills that have NOT been voted on. This bill was voted on before. It is a lot easier second time around - once a bill has a history like HR.213, it is viewed as a "safe" bill by house leadership.
  2. The author notes that most bills die because sponsors don't champion the bill. Chaffetz on the other hand, is a dedicated champion of the bill.
  3. We wouldn't be wasting peoples (and our) time if co-sponsorship didn't matter