Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrovvidi View Post
If the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals does grant O the right to legalize up to 5 million illegals, would did rebuff our effort?
No. It would help our effort. These lawsuits are a huge distraction.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
phoenixwings is on a distinguished road

HR 213 has 44 sponsors now.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
penguin80 has a spectacular aura about penguin80 has a spectacular aura about penguin80 has a spectacular aura about
Default No movement in Congress

HR213 has now 45 cosponsors. But it seems it has been sitting in Subcommittee for far too long. HR3012 was passed in the house within 2 months of introduction. This bill has been sitting for 7months now.
Are we concentrating too much time getting cosponsors? I think we should be concentrating on the member who introduced the bill and the cosponsors and members of the Judicial committee to markup the bill for debate and hearings. I think Rep. Chaffetz is the right person to force the subcommittee to move the bill along.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road

We should reach out and find out the status from the The Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security:

Rep. Trey Gowdy, Chairman; Rep. Raul Labrador, Vice-Chairman
Rep. Smith
Rep. Lofgren
Rep. King
Rep. Guiterrez
Rep. Buck
Rep. Jackson Lee
Rep. Ratcliffe
Rep. Pierluisi
Rep. Trott

Old 07-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin80 View Post
HR213 has now 45 cosponsors. But it seems it has been sitting in Subcommittee for far too long. HR3012 was passed in the house within 2 months of introduction. This bill has been sitting for 7months now.
Are we concentrating too much time getting cosponsors? I think we should be concentrating on the member who introduced the bill and the cosponsors and members of the Judicial committee to markup the bill for debate and hearings. I think Rep. Chaffetz is the right person to force the subcommittee to move the bill along.
I agree the more it sits with no action highly possible it will get lost in oblivion.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:54 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin80 View Post
Your observations are correct but they are correct only as far as they can be from ourside. If you had been to DC, you would not be asking these questions. Do not you think we would have already thought about this ? HR 3012 was introduced in 2011 and at that time situation was different. We would not be concentrating on co sponsors if it did not matter. We are not doing this because we like it or we want to keep doing something. Be assured that co sponsor goal that we have in the short term is derived after all necessary thinking. If you want to be part of how we derived at that thinking, you have to come to DC, otherwise, you will have to trust IV and take part in action items

Old 07-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
Your observations are correct but they are correct only as far as they can be from ourside. If you had been to DC, you would not be asking these questions. Do not you think we would have already thought about this ? HR 3012 was introduced in 2011 and at that time situation was different. We would not be concentrating on co sponsors if it did not matter. We are not doing this because we like it or we want to keep doing something. Be assured that co sponsor goal that we have in the short term is derived after all necessary thinking. If you want to be part of how we derived at that thinking, you have to come to DC, otherwise, you will have to trust IV and take part in action items
+1 Million Rupen.

Although HR3102 and HR213 have the same language and essentially the same bill, the former was introduce in 112th Congress when the situation was quite different from the 114th Congress. While at DC, Rep. Chaffetz came to our reception and explained to us why he wants more cosponsors before pushing for the bill. Hope you understand the situation and please help us with your efforts in getting more cosponsors.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
konerusai will become famous soon enough konerusai will become famous soon enough
Default Well Said Rupen..

I attended the last advocacy and has no doubt how IV and volunteers work...

Quote:

Old 07-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
InLineForGC is on a distinguished road
Default rupen

Quote:
Rupen - Agreed that attending the event in DC would have given us more insight into things, however the more IV explains how things work at backend, more the trust develops by itself. Some information is confidential and we understand that IV will not share and understandably so, however more insight into political and administrative processes and transparency about IV's approach to get things done will help people coming together for common cause. Needless to say, we all appreciate what IV is doing for everyone's benefit. Thanks again !!

Old 07-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLineForGC View Post
Rupen - Agreed that attending the event in DC would have given us more insight into things, however the more IV explains how things work at backend, more the trust develops by itself. Some information is confidential and we understand that IV will not share and understandably so, however more insight into political and administrative processes and transparency about IV's approach to get things done will help people coming together for common cause. Needless to say, we all appreciate what IV is doing for everyone's benefit. Thanks again !!
I just gave you (the forum)-the maximum information we are allowed to give, why we are looking for more cosponsors. Believe me there are not much story above or below that.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cosponsors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
I just gave you (the forum)-the maximum information we are allowed to give, why we are looking for more cosponsors. Believe me there are not much story above or below that.
Do we know how many more cosponsors to reach the threshold? Also please let me know if we have an active IV group in Charlotte, NC... we have couple of republican congressmen whom we could target (like Robert Pittinger).

Old 07-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
Do we know how many more cosponsors to reach the threshold? Also please let me know if we have an active IV group in Charlotte, NC... we have couple of republican congressmen whom we could target (like Robert Pittinger).
There are no upper limit of cosponsors.

We do have a very active team in Charlotte, NC. If you can PM me or hil3182 your name and contact info, either one of us will pass it on to the Charlotte team. They are wonderful people to work with.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
+1 Million Rupen.

Although HR3102 and HR213 have the same language and essentially the same bill, the former was introduce in 112th Congress when the situation was quite different from the 114th Congress. While at DC, Rep. Chaffetz came to our reception and explained to us why he wants more cosponsors before pushing for the bill. Hope you understand the situation and please help us with your efforts in getting more cosponsors.
There is no denying that IV and its lead supporters have everyone's best interest at heart and are doing the right thing.

Sengs, I will appreciate if you can share a little bit from Rep. Chaffetz's explanation on why getting more co-sponsors is important this time around. My concern is that Rep. Chaffetz's has introduced total 18 Bills so far including H.R 213, in 114th congress. He has his hands full and quite possibly could get deviated towards more attractive/famous bills. Is someone from IV in touch with Rep. Chaffetz on regular basis?

Old 07-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_walker333 View Post
There is no denying that IV and its lead supporters have everyone's best interest at heart and are doing the right thing.

Sengs, I will appreciate if you can share a little bit from Rep. Chaffetz's explanation on why getting more co-sponsors is important this time around. My concern is that Rep. Chaffetz's has introduced total 18 Bills so far including H.R 213, in 114th congress. He has his hands full and quite possibly could get deviated towards more attractive/famous bills. Is someone from IV in touch with Rep. Chaffetz on regular basis?
This is his landmark bill and his topmost priority.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I think I have given enough information why IV is looking for more cosponsors. If you would really like to know how things are happening behind the scenes, please don't stay in front of the screens and join our (your) efforts, and come on the other side of the screen, which is active help. We are always short of man power. More of us can get involved, the more quickly we can achieve this freedom. We need lots of help, especially folks from Republican districts (I gave you another hint here).

Thanks for your interest, folks. It is just not mine or IVs, it is with all our efforts we can bring this nightmare to an end.