Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2015, 11:02 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

New California: Mass Immigration Turning Virginia Blue
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2015, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I got this back from my disctrict Pete Olson TX22: Question is "is he in support of HR 213?"

"Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015, HR 213. I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you on this important issue.

As you may know, HR 213 eliminates the country caps for employment-based immigrants. It also increases the total number of family sponsored visas for family based immigrants. Both are important to do as the Congressional Budget Office states that these caps have been reached in recent years and expects this trend to continue. I believe that an immigration policy that balances American companies' employment needs solely on a highly skilled immigrant's country of origin puts us at a disadvantage and limits the overall competitiveness of our businesses. By providing employers with the adequate number of skilled workers we can enable them to increase their capital investment, create new jobs, and better compete in a global economy.

Currently, HR 213 has been referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security in the House Committee on the Judiciary. While I am not a member of this committee, I will be certain to keep your thoughts in mind should this or any similar legislation come to a vote on the floor of the House.

Again, thank you for your interest in this important issue. I appreciate your input and I'm honored to represent you in Congress. For more information on constituent services, current legislation, and to sign up for my E-newsletter, please visit my website at Congressman Pete Olson | Representing the 22nd District of Texas.

Very Respectfully,

Pete Olson
Member of Congress"

Old 07-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I got this back from my disctrict Pete Olson TX22: Question is "is he in support of HR 213?"

"Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015, HR 213. I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you on this important issue.

As you may know, HR 213 eliminates the country caps for employment-based immigrants. It also increases the total number of family sponsored visas for family based immigrants. Both are important to do as the Congressional Budget Office states that these caps have been reached in recent years and expects this trend to continue. I believe that an immigration policy that balances American companies' employment needs solely on a highly skilled immigrant's country of origin puts us at a disadvantage and limits the overall competitiveness of our businesses. By providing employers with the adequate number of skilled workers we can enable them to increase their capital investment, create new jobs, and better compete in a global economy.

Currently, HR 213 has been referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security in the House Committee on the Judiciary. While I am not a member of this committee, I will be certain to keep your thoughts in mind should this or any similar legislation come to a vote on the floor of the House.

Again, thank you for your interest in this important issue. I appreciate your input and I'm honored to represent you in Congress. For more information on constituent services, current legislation, and to sign up for my E-newsletter, please visit my website at Congressman Pete Olson | Representing the 22nd District of Texas.

Very Respectfully,

Pete Olson
Member of Congress"
Tell him this:

"dummy, you dont have to be in any Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security to cosponsor the bill. You are a representative, cosponsor the bill that your constituents want, that is ofcourse if you want to retain your job"

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I mean does he think that the bill increases family based greencard numbers? It looks like he is for more H1s.

I am lost......by...
"It also increases the total number of family sponsored visas for family based immigrants. Both are important to do as the Congressional Budget Office states that these caps have been reached in recent years and expects this trend to continue. "

Old 07-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I mean does he think that the bill increases family based greencard numbers? It looks like he is for more H1s.

I am lost......by...
"It also increases the total number of family sponsored visas for family based immigrants. Both are important to do as the Congressional Budget Office states that these caps have been reached in recent years and expects this trend to continue. "
It seems he is saying that he supports the bill and removing per country on EB and increasing per country on FB. He is saying, he cannot do anything (i.e. cannot cosponsor because the bill is referred to the Immigration Sub committee) but he will vote yes if the bill is brought up vote

Old 07-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IMNotACommonMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
I have heard it is next month on August 15. And president signs at midnight.
Folks, there is no date set please do not read too much in the statement. We have a great momentum going but no date set as of now.

Please keep working and calling your representatives for supporting HR213.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNotACommonMan View Post
Folks, there is no date set please do not read too much in the statement. We have a great momentum going but no date set as of now.

Please keep working and calling your representatives for supporting HR213.
Not being Pessimist

but this bill is collecting dust for 8 months

high chances it will lose in oblivion

Old 07-28-2015, 11:36 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by advik20 View Post
Not being Pessimist
But what you said below is pessimistic. So not sure if you are trying to humor

Quote:
I know. We all need to get together and clean it up and bring it to the table for vote. I have tried to do my share by contributing and my lawmaker is a sponsor. But is everyone doing their share? So let us not blame the bill catching dust. Its immigrants collecting dust by not moving their @ss

Quote:

How many high chances? Do you have a number?
Do you have data for your statement? Are there bills that got passed after 8 months and how many? How many failed even after 8 months? And does congress work on statistics when taking up of bills or does it work on politics of the issue and how it will help theory constituents ? You have really confused me there.
Do congressmen look at how the bill will solve a problem because their 48 friends on both parties support it or they just look at 8 month of a dusty bill? Please help me understand.

I am so very confused

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not being Pessimist

Just to let you know

There are people who are working to get more co-sponsors and finally get a vote on the bill. As of now IV managed to get close to 50 co-sponsors and every week adding more. So actually itís not gathering dust.

Pls call ur congressman to co-sponsor the bill if you have time ...

Old 07-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of aswami has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_nagi@yahoo.com View Post
Just to let you know

There are people who are working to get more co-sponsors and finally get a vote on the bill. As of now IV managed to get close to 50 co-sponsors and every week adding more. So actually itís not gathering dust.

Pls call ur congressman to co-sponsor the bill if you have time ...
Getting co-sponsors is one thing, but what can be done to actually get the bill to be put to a vote? Isn't it the prerogative of the Speaker of the House to put the bill to the vote? Correct me if I am wrong, but will getting more co-sponsors for this bill affect the Speaker's decision one way or the other? If the Speaker wants, he could already put this bill to the vote. What is the hold-up from the Speaker's side?

Old 07-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswami View Post
Getting co-sponsors is one thing, but what can be done to actually get the bill to be put to a vote? Isn't it the prerogative of the Speaker of the House to put the bill to the vote? Correct me if I am wrong, but will getting more co-sponsors for this bill affect the Speaker's decision one way or the other? If the Speaker wants, he could already put this bill to the vote. What is the hold-up from the Speaker's side?
You have some good questions. How about we both seek appointment with the speaker and go meet him? I am ready to come with you if you can get the appointment.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
You have some good questions. How about we both seek appointment with the speaker and go meet him? I am ready to come with you if you can get the appointment.
While we commend you for taking the lead on this.

please be sensitive in answering to questions to people or refrain from answering

even if it appears dumb question to you

Old 07-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
While we commend you for taking the lead on this.

please be sensitive in answering to questions to people or refrain from answering

even if it appears dumb question to you
To be honest it pains me when people write pessimistic posts that nothing is going to happen. They write this, go away... come back again after a month. And say, see we told you nothing will happen and you need to do things in this way or give a strategy lecture and go away again to come back when bulletin comes back again.

Is this not insensitive?

So if someone does not want to be an active volunteer the least they can do is not demotivate a handful few working extra hard for us without any financial or otherwise incentive.
Smart people will understand when something is written in lighter vein

Old 07-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

IV should install CAPTCHA to filter out bots, or an IP identifier to block users from Indian BPOs installed by dishonest employers.

I mean clearly if people cannot understand the difference between light comments and insult, I doubt they should be classified as "high" skilled immigrants.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:31 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
IV should install CAPTCHA to filter out bots, or an IP identifier to block users from Indian BPOs installed by dishonest employers.

I mean clearly if people cannot understand the difference between light comments and insult, I doubt they should be classified as "high" skilled immigrants.
The greater threat is not from anti-immigrants and racist folks but our own. Here is a list and you can add to it.

- Large US companies: They are pro H1B and do lip service for greencards or oppose it internally.
- Lawyers: You all know it. It is disappointing how immigrants treat them as Gods.
- Desi companies big or small: They employ mostly Indians. This upsets local natives here and bring a bad name to India. Desi companies do it to milk as much profit possible through low wages. But I would not blame the owners of these companies. Its the employees of these companies that should be blamed for knowingly joining them and being a part of unfair discrimination and exploitation.
_ Immigration websites and business owners: One wonders why people even go their sites and give publicity to their business? I really wonder if all those anti-IV posts are real.
- Green Card and holders and citizens: They want to shut the door behind them.
- ROW: Narrow minded folks who only care for their PD and visa dates and anything that slows it is their enemies.
- China applicants: Assimilation problems with other immigrant groups and not willing to put up a united fight.
- HR folks who are H1B immigrants in desi firms: They oppose greencards because if all employees get greencard, their sourcing job will be in trouble.
H4 Ladies: All they care about EAD and nothing else. They refuse to believe that Facebook group and spam emails are useless. Their facebook group is just a mutual admiration club and anti-IV. I think husbands need to step up and put some sense in their H4 wives. It is a big challenge though
- F1 Students: All they care is scoring the H1B lottery
You can add more

But as you can see it leaves a little few who actually understand the issue and want to contribute and volunteer. The least people can do is appreciate them if you cannot join them in volunteer work.

Anywho. Have a good day.